vette72
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie1975

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-06-16

Considering going from Band to Sleeve. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering going from Band to Sleeve.   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 10:11 am

Hi vette
I was banded in 2008. Major infections and port flips ment it came out in 2009. After lots of soul searching have decided on sleeve due for surgery on aug27. Have seen the bad side of sleeve through mum at Kindy were I work but still keen to have it done. Having been banded there is a higher chance of leakage when u get the sleeve but fingers crossed this one finally goes my way. Usually if u r having band out for sleeve dr gets u to wait few months. Now that u are phi u will notice the difference in the price.
Back to top Go down
vette72

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Considering going from Band to Sleeve.   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 10:02 am

Hi Tara, I remember it was around June but the actual date I dont remember. It was at QE2. Yes he did do it in one operation. However it was dependent on a number of factors and he made the decision when he went in. I live four hours north of Brisbane so distance was a factor for me. I also did not want to gain weight or have to get my head around portion sizes again. You would need to discuss it with Dr Greenslade. My understanding is that it isnt something he standardly does. So far I am pleased with my decision and am almost healed. Was a little rough for the first day or so. But was on only panadol after I woke up (pain meds made me feel sick). Good luck!
Yvette.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Considering going from Band to Sleeve.   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 9:38 am

Vette,

I am a March 2009 @ QE2 Dr Greenslade bandit too.
(Don't spose you were banded on the 10th ??)
I'm toying with the idea of revising to the sleeve.

Anyway I see you have had the Sleeve . (Congrats.)

Did he remove the band AND Sleeve you on the same day ??????

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
vette72

Female

PostSubject: Re: Considering going from Band to Sleeve.   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 4:07 am

I was debanded/sleeved on the 25th of July and so far I am happy with my decision. 10kg down already :)
Back to top Go down
Jellybean
Jellybean

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Band to sleeve   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 7:16 am

I had the band put in September 9 2009 lost about 50 kilos with it then my weight started to go back up so my surgeron took out the fluid in the band to see how much fluid was in there then he guessed it was leaking so had the band out on the 15th of may and have the sleeved booked for 24th of July
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Considering going from Band to Sleeve.   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 6:44 am

Val 002 was banded and sleeved by Doc Greenslade so if you pm her she will be happy to answer all your questions

On a personal not I am very happy with my decision. The only time I have regretted it was when I went out for dinner and could only eat 3 oysters and 2 prawns and sulked because the food looked so good. I was not hungry but my eyes were,

That is the only time I was offended by the sleeve which is considerably less than the times I would have gladly taken a spoon and manually removed the band myself.

So Zero regrets here.
Back to top Go down
Shiloh86
Shiloh86

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Considering going from Band to Sleeve.   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 6:43 am

Hi Vette, I was banded in Feb 2011 and although i lost 30kgs i have had alot of trouble with it aswell and havent managed to reach my goal weight. I had my band out last month 19/6/12 and im going in for the sleeve in Late August. I also have Private health cover and my cost for the sleeve is minimal. as i haggled my surgeon on price, also the fact i didnt reach goal weight due to band relate problems, not because of anything i did wrong! I'm crappin myself, but i know i need a more permanent solution, i think we are making the best decision for our health and well being.

I Suggest you have a serious think about it read up on it and then make the decision weather its suitable for you then make that first app with your surgeon. I wish you all the best xxxx
Back to top Go down
vette72

Female

PostSubject: Considering going from Band to Sleeve.   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. EmptySun 01 Jul 2012, 12:06 pm

Hi. I have had my band since 2009 and though I have lost some weight I have had problems with blockages and reflux. I seem to cycle between too tight and no restriction. I was banded by Dr Greenslade in Brisbane. I was wondering for those that had changed from Band to Sleeve were happy with their decision, what process was involved, costs etc. If nobody minds sharing. I was banded at QE2 as an intermediate patient but I now have private heath insurance (hospital cover).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering going from Band to Sleeve.   Considering going from Band to Sleeve. Empty

Back to top Go down

Considering going from Band to Sleeve.
Page 1 of 1