Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacey21
Lacey21

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried!   Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 1:08 pm

Hi I have not lost anything in 6 weeks, I can sure put it back on easy though.

Well done for losing so much weight though. I wish I had positive words for you but I am afraid I am in the same boat.

I hope we find a solution, if I find one I'll post it to you lol :)

Lace
Back to top Go down
rainbowsunsets
rainbowsunsets

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried!   Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm

Thankyou for the support. It is very reassuring to know others had a similiar situation. Everything is still so new and its so easy to worry!

Thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried!   Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 10:00 am

Yes I only lost 2.7 kgs the second month, after 8.5 kgs the first month.

I was one of those slow but steady losers, but by my 12 month anniversary I was 5 kgs under my goal weight and had lost 56 kgs.

Congratulations on your 15 kg weight loss so far, you are doing brillantly.

Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! 217555 Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! 217555
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried!   Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 9:55 am

hi Rainbowsunsets

Congratulations on the 13kg! That is a huge amount in only 4 weeks. Many people report a lower weightloss after such an impressive loss. Probably your body just catching its breath and settling down. don't worry, I am sure you will keep losing. My doctor has said 1/2 - 1kg per week is a good loss.

Good Luck in your journey.
Back to top Go down
rainbowsunsets
rainbowsunsets

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-01-31

PostSubject: Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried!   Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 7:58 am

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a state as today i weighed myself for the first time in 4 weeks and I was so shocked at the number, in 4 weeks i had only lost 2kg and what has gotten me even more worried is the fact that I am only two months post op and i keep hearing how this is the time when you drop the most weight and i shouldnt expect to lose as much after 6 months!

I lost 13kg in the first month after surgery and i was really pleased with that result but I am very concerned now. I am finding i can eat more in the past 2 weeks, i am slightly more hungry now and i know this sounds very niave of me but i have finally had that realisation that this is not going to fix everything when i thought it really would. I just feel sort of alone again like i did before the sleeve when it comes to controlling my eating.

I have been looking back at my food choices over the past month and the majority of the time I have done really well, i didnt even eat any chocolate over easter! I guess I am looking for some support here because in my second month i really expected to lose approx 6 - 7 kg and i thought that was being conservative. Has anyone else experienced slow weight loss in the second month?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried!   Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried! Empty

Back to top Go down

Only 2kg weight loss in 2nd month! Worried!
Page 1 of 1