gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Today is the day...I'm booking myself in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 9:26 am

I never lost my boobs, just the fat off my back!

I was a 18E, now I am a 12E or DD depending on the bra.
Back to top Go down
ITSMYTIME

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 9:12 am

Hey Nessa Today is the day...I'm booking myself in 446871 for taking a big leap into the unknown. It is a huge step to take for everyone.

I'm booked in for May 30th and cannot wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Sharm

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 8:59 am

Good luck Nessa I followed your struggle with the type of WLS on the banding forum and like you I have also changed my mind and am going for a sleeve. I have my date setting appt on 23 April so I am guessing I will get a June date also. Looking forward to my new life.
I note I have been weighed at the surgeons surgery to get BMI for eligibility and then again at dietician and for physical with GP. I don't think they will miss weighing you so they can track progress though - perhaps they consider surgery day weigh in the only important one for you.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 7:46 am

Nessa wrote:
Pee Ess...The thing I've found strange is that he has not weighed me once. I was weighed by the dietician and the nurse coordinator. Should he have weighed me also?

I wouldn't worry about him weighing you, my surgeon didn't bother weighing me up until a week before my surgery. And then I ended up getting turned down and having to weight an extra 3 weeks :(

But that'll happen when you start out at over 200kg.

Back to top Go down
spidee

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 7:44 am

Nessa congratulations. I am at the very first step. I made my initial appointment this morning. I hope all goes well for you, and everyone else here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 5:01 am

All booked in for 12 June. Still have a little time for a few little indulgences.

After asking how I was, his next question was "Have I put on weight?" to which I replied probably and then he proceeded to tell me that my boobs looked bigger...um thanks LOL. I just told him it's just a good bra. Upon leaving the consult, he said that I'll lose the boobs but I just said that I'd replace them.

I did lose 25kg a few years ago and boobs stayed the same, so I might be alright.

We'll see.

Pee Ess...The thing I've found strange is that he has not weighed me once. I was weighed by the dietician and the nurse coordinator. Should he have weighed me also?
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 3:23 am

Angel is right..

But at the end of the day there's nothing wrong with being weary, cautious or nervous about the surgery. The only thing that really matters is YOU want to change your life for the better.

Aslong as you really want it, it'll all be worth it.

Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 3:15 am

nessa

you have to go into this with the right head space. Because after you need to make sure this is the right thing for you - its not reversible - but you know what - thats what i LOVE about it - i cant over eat anymore, i can still have junk and not be good to myself but i cant over indulge in my foods - kfc was my worst - love the fried chicken - now i am lucky to get 5 of the popcorn chicken down without waiting another hour for another 5 - its great - i can still treat but not 3 pieces!!! with chips etc.

we all have to make the decision that is right for us - and if u feel u need this help to get u to the healthy weight u want to be - then do it :)

you have lots of love and support on here :D
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 2:24 am

Thanks. Still waiting. It's a busy morning here. My appt was at 10.45. Prior to me checking in, there was another patient who I assume is also having surgery. Wonder if she's on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Princess
Princess

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 1:52 am

Good Luck Nessa!

Congratulations on making the decision. You will be fine.. just as so many others that ventured in before you. My tip is not to overthink it. Take that leap of faith and be positive! Im sure some others on here have had the same surgeon too, so no doubt they will be happy to share their experience with the doctor and the whole procedure.

This is a great support network.. so feel free to spill your guts whenever you like. We have all had different reasons for the sugery and varied experiences, so no doubt you will find someone here to help you out or even just listen.

You Go Girl!!!!! kiss
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wM7T9Uz/]
Nessa
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 1:03 am

Seeing the surgeon in a little under an hour to finally book my surgery.

I've already seen him on 2 occasions, once on my own to basically discuss the procedure etc, another time with my sister as she wanted to check him out (Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong) and I was due to see him last month to go ahead with the surgery (which was tentatively booked for 13 March) but I had second thoughts and needed a little more time to think about things.

Now I'm ready to give him the go ahead and book me a date for the surgery.

I'm excited but still scared.

I've been talking with my friend in Perth who had the sleeve and so I'm glad that I have a someone I personally know to help me through this process, as well as everyone on here.

Will report back later this morning.

Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today is the day...I'm booking myself in   Today is the day...I'm booking myself in Empty

Back to top Go down

Today is the day...I'm booking myself in
Page 1 of 1