Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leaks...after surgery or down the track as well?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Leaks...after surgery or down the track as well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaks...after surgery or down the track as well?   Leaks...after surgery or down the track as well? EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 11:25 am

From what my surgeon told me, it is rare to find a leak after one month post op. It has happened to a couple of people up to 6 weeks post op and I believe this is referred to as a late leak, but they are rare.At 6 months post op your stomach should have completely healed so you should not experience a leak.

The important thing is to make sure you follow the surgeon and dieticians advice on the post op diet phases to the letter. Often a late leak may occur if someone has tried to cheat each stage although there may be other reasons as well. But like I have said they are apparently rare.

Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

Leaks...after surgery or down the track as well? Empty
PostSubject: Leaks...after surgery or down the track as well?   Leaks...after surgery or down the track as well? EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 6:49 am

Are the chances of a leak following surgery more immediately in the post operative period or can these occur, sayu 6+ months down the track?
Back to top Go down

Leaks...after surgery or down the track as well?
Page 1 of 1