AuthorMessage
Hannah
Part of the furniture
Hannah

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Hi from the Gold Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Gold Coast   Hi from the Gold Coast EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 5:36 am

Hi Naomi
Welcome to the site.
I had my sleeve with Dr Nolan in Oct 2010. You are in great hands. He is a very skilled surgeon. Remember that the opti is only for a short time and really helps the liver prepare for the op.
I assume you will be having the sleeve tomorrow (Tuesday ) all the best. There are many people on this site who have been sleeved by Dr Nolan, just go through the site and you will find lots of info. If you want to have a chat I am happy to pm you my number.
Thers is a Gold Coast meet up at the end of March and you are welcome to attend and meet some lovely people who are all at diff stages.
Looking forward to your updates.
Take Care
Christa
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: opti   Hi from the Gold Coast EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 10:46 pm

Hi

I hated the opti phase and found that I just couldn't manage more than one shake per day so I ate lots of veges and salad aand my liver was fine for the op. Post op be guided by your dietitian and it is only for a small period of time in comparison to the long term benefits - good luck for Tuesday

G
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Gold Coast   Hi from the Gold Coast EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 9:35 pm

Hi Naomi and welcome to the forum. You have done the hardest part and only have a few days to go. You can do it, stick with it. I think opti gives some of us the runs as it is our body detoxing but look at this as a good thing and it is the start of your journey to a new healthier and happier you. If you have any doubts about the post op diet maybe you need to speak with your surgeon/dietician again to reassure you. Every surgeon's post op diet is different and depending on what yours recommends you will be back on a full menu before you know it and you can eat vegemite toast again. I was allowed on a full menu at week 9 post op and I see those 8 weeks as a very short time and a small price to pay for being healthier, more active, pain meds free and so much happier. I think you will find that once sleeved your whole outlook on food will change, mine did. Good luck and keep us posted of your progress.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Hey Lady
Hey Lady

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Gold Coast   Hi from the Gold Coast EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 11:01 am

Hi Naomi, Welcome!

I too have struggled with the pre op diet.(my surgery is still over a week away) But what I have focussed on is that this will be THE LAST DIET I will ever have to be on, that this will be is the last time before the rest of my life.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey. The fabulous people on this forum will be your inspiration when you need it.
Back to top Go down
NaomiW

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Hi from the Gold Coast   Hi from the Gold Coast EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 10:01 am

Hi. I'm 3 sleeps away from my sleeve surgery with Dr Nolan at Allamanda in Southport on the Gold Coast.
I'm totally struggling with the shakes and would prefer to just have salad and veggies than try to choke down another shake.
I'd love to hear from anyone that has had thier sleeve done by Dr Nolan. I'm really nervous and scared of complications.
I'm also not so sure I can cope with the maintenance phase. I'm already missing food so much. I've been sick with a cold and then the shakes have given me the runs and I could KILL for a vegemite toast. I'd love some support as my husband is not much help.
Can anyone offer me some words of wisdom to help me get through the next 3 days?
Hi from the Gold Coast 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Gold Coast   Hi from the Gold Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from the Gold Coast
Page 1 of 1