Coastgirl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Coastgirl

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Hello from the Gold Coast! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyTue 19 Jul 2011, 1:20 pm

Hi Christa,

Appointment was all good - lovely to put faces to names:). Talked shop with Dr Nolan, he was very matter a fact (as forewarned:) I was pleasantly surprised to find him not dwelling about my various current health issues. So have my pathology paperwork to get bloods done, have made an appointment with Fiona (dietican) next Friday (going to do an extended consult with her so I can have both dietician appts done all in one) and then basically rest up to me. Dr Nolans office put forward a tentative next available surgery date as 30 Aug (bit further off than I would have liked but Dr Nolan is going away for a couple of weeks apparently). So have to call back in the morning and book it now that I know when I can see Fiona. Hopefully the same date is available. Very happy to have the ball rolling!!!
Back to top Go down
Hannah
Part of the furniture
Hannah

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 7:07 am

Hi Jill

How did your appointment go today? Hope all good.

Take Care
Christa
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyTue 12 Jul 2011, 12:55 am

Hi Coast Girl,

Just wanted to pop in to say Hi and welcome too!
I was sleeved 10 weeks ago today, also by Dr Nolan, you seem to have attracted his fan club. Hello from the Gold Coast! 314562

Congratulations on making the decision to be sleeved, you won't regret it. As others have said, Dr Nolan is great. I'm also at the northern end of the GC and it's so convenient to go into Southport for the follow-up appointments with him and Fiona, the Dietitian he recommends.

Best wishes for today kellyjmiddlebrook ... hope you have a pain free recovery ... and to you Coast Girl. Whoever you go with, this is the start of an amazing adventure, I hope to follow your story. I found and still find it so reassuring to read through the diaries so you can see how we all go through very similar experiences and emotions.

Hello from the Gold Coast! 217555
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyTue 12 Jul 2011, 12:29 am

HI There!
I am Northern Gold Coast. Was sleeved by Dr Nolan in November last year. He is brilliant, very thorough, very encouraging. A man of very few words but he lets you know when he is happy with you! His staff are brilliant, will answer any question, any time. They even set me up with a patient who had their surgery (before I had had mine) so I could talk to them and they were very reassuring.
Best wishes for the surgery. As long as you follow all the rules, everything should be fine.
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

Hi Coastgirl,
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the start of your amazing journey. It was great to catch up with you in chat the other night.
I hope you find all the information you need on the site - everyone is very nice and friendly. If you don't, just ask.
Looking forward to following your journey.
Back to top Go down
Coastgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 1:23 pm

Hi Kel,

Soooo excited for you for tomorrow.... will be thinking of you, hope all travels super smooth. I can't wait to get it organised and the surgery done.

I am going to call Dr Nolans rooms tomorrow and have a chat with them - the surgeons fees with Nolans sound like they are $2k less than Layani which is a seriously big chunk of dosh difference!. Christa dropped me a note earlier today to let me know about her surgery with Nolan too. I'm not hard and fast about going with Layani yet, just where I had started the process as I know the environment of the hospital, the anaesthetists and recovery staff etc very well.

Look forward to hearing how you are travelling on the other side of it all.
Talk soon ,Jill
Back to top Go down
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 12:55 pm

Hi Jill!!

I'm in Labrador, being sleeved by Dr Nolan tomorrow. He is very thorough, very eccentric and an excellent choice, I believe. He charged me $4000 with PHI for the sleeve and I have paid $1200 to the anaesthetist. I also called around to other surgeons and they were all around the ball park cost. I chose Nolan from the reviews, his presentation during our initial consultation and his wonderful receptionists. Everyone associated with him is excellent, including his dietitian who even helped me with exams during exam week!

I will have to report back later in the week on his skills as a surgeon, but I completely trust his capacity and another user on here, Hanna (Christa) was sleeved by him and gave me nothing but his praises. Maybe PM her and ask her thoughts.

I looked at Dr Layani but when I called twice about pricing and coming to meet him, the receptionist was really rude and pretty unhelpful.

GOOD LUCK! You will find invaluable support here.

Kell
Back to top Go down
Coastgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

Hi Gail, Christa & Erin - thanks for the warm welcome.

Christa wondering if you could tell me what kind of costs Dr Nolan charges for Sleeve surgery?

Erin - I used to live up in central QLD, in fact was born in Yeppoon and have a couple of good friends living in the Ville.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 11:34 am

Hi Jill

not from the Coast a little further up the top end but wanted to wish you hello just the same.

ive found the place to be great and so full of awesome information, im kinda new too :)

hope this goes the way you wish it too

Erin
Back to top Go down
Hannah
Part of the furniture
Hannah

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 8:18 am

Hi Jill

Welcome to this great forum. Enjoy your amazing journey. I was sleeved by Dr Greg Nolan in Oct, he is an amazing surgeon. This is the best thing I have done for myself. You will love the changes that occur.

Christa
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 6:51 am

Hi Jill,

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.
Hope you love it as much as I do.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Coastgirl

Female

PostSubject: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 6:47 am

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick note to intro myself - my name is Jill. I live on the Gold Coast (obviously:), mum to 3, partner to Mark and I'm planning soon to join your band of merry sleevers!!!! Looking at going through Dr Layani at John Flynn. Look forward to chatting with you all and would love to hear from anyone who has used Dr Layani or anyone else local on the Coast.

Cheers, Jill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Gold Coast!   Hello from the Gold Coast! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Gold Coast!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: