8 posters
AuthorMessage
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-01

Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all Empty
PostSubject: Product to reduce hair loss   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all EmptyThu 16 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

Hi all,

just thought I'd share info about a product my hair dresser recommended to help with the massive hair loss I've had since the sleeve in March. She suggested a product called activance (it contains Rhodanide), it cost about $55 (ouch). I thought I'd give it a try after getting a serious haricut. So far I have noticed that the hair loss has reduced significantly but my hair hasn't "regrown" as yet (I suppose this will take months), but I'm very happy with not having huge clumps of hair come out all the time. www.activance.com.au
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all EmptyThu 03 May 2012, 10:46 am

I have had no hairloss, but my hair is soooo thick that I would not mind a bit of thinning!!
The eczema on my scalp has greatly improved, not sure whether it is because of my diet of the Selenium in the shampoo I am using. Happy Chappy now..
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 4:28 am

Yep I have had the same problem.

Still do actually. My hair is so SO thin now... When I have it tied up in a pony tail you can see parts of my scalp.

When I run my fingers through my hair, or I wash it, I still get clumps coming out.

I'm 8 & half months post op n it's still happening to me. Although some has started to grow back, and I now have really short hairs near my forehead that are a pain in the rear!!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 3:28 am

Suggest you look up "Telogen effluvium".

It happens from the acute stress of the surgery and usually falls out for the 3-6 month mark before stopping and growing back.

I found nothing made any difference.
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 2:17 am

Yep having the same problem. Cannot stand the taste of any food (never thought I would be like that) and drinking water yuk what a problem.

Apart from drinking Tea and Coffee - Could I drink that Nesta Ice Tea - but I think it contains heaps of sugar. Dont know what else to drink? I am at a loss

Can anybody help.

Val
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: hair loss   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 10:18 pm

GHi

My hair is also falling out quite badly - clogs the drain in the shower most days. I was told that hair loss could be caused by a lack of protein so if you are not eating a lot that could be the problem. Try using protein powder to beef up your protein intake. I don't have a problem with fluids and think that as long as you are getting fluids in minus sugar it doesn't matter what you are having.

Glenmaree
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 9:40 pm

Your hair falling out will eventually slow down Harmony, mine was long, started falling out in handfuls; firstly I noticed it was dry, then knotty; then the shower drain clogged up and nearly had a flood. My surgeon said wouldn't make any difference whether I cut my hair pre-op or post-op; if it is going to happen it will; though I ended up cutting mine a lot to make the knots easier; my hair has stopped falling out now and is growing back again; though is still very thin compared to what it was. (No one but me really notices and my hair dresser) Eat your protien; and try and drink more. I have not had the drinking problem to your extent, though room temperature water and hot water (on its own) tastes better than pre-op; though I like a splash of diet cordial added to my water. I am now drinking most things, but my taste buds have certainly changed; even with wines.
Back to top Go down
Harmony

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 9:28 pm

Ok, I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I find that I am not interested in any food at all and eating has now become a chore. I can count on one hand the meals I have enjoyed since my op (April 2011) and I find I just cannot abide water and barely drink at all as nothing tastes good at all. Now, my hair is coming out a lot. When I have a shower and wash it, then comb it, instead of a few hairs coming out, it is coming out by the handful! It is ridiculous. I absolutely abhor drinking water, find it the most bland tasting thing ever. Have tried flavoured water too and just can't drink it. I have about two cups of coffee at work and then maybe two cups of tea during the day if that but nothing else. Anyone else having this problem? It has taken years to grow my hair and I do not want to lose it all now. Any suggestions?

Thanks Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all   Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair Loss/Not Drinking enough water/no appetite at all
Page 1 of 1