11 posters
AuthorMessage
nesssie31
nesssie31

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-01-27

newbie from the hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 11:07 pm

hello jacqualine:)

thanks for your reply:)

i acturly started in december trying to lose as much weight as i could. i knew christmas and new year was comming up but i weened myself onto the diet, there was no way in hell i could have just done 2 weeks with 3 shakes and vegies ( cold turkey)....so in december i decided to replace one meal with a shake or a bar having a min of 50gms of protein daily, after a week i thought this is easy ill try to replace 2 meals and then have one normal meal just how ever i like it , now that went on untill about a couple of days before christmas then i tryed to watch what i was eating, then christmas day arrived and i ate what i liked, now inbetween christmas and new year i went back on 2 shakes or bars and watching what i ate for one meal, also the same for new year. but thinking back now i felt much better on my diet then when i ate what i felt like. oh i also ate lots of diet jelly at least 500mls a day., and if i wanted a snack i ate salsa with vegies, i was doing so well that i added sour cream to the salsa i didnt think it mattered.

well it was the 2nd of jan back to work and 3 weeks till surgery, now i had decided to go alternate days one day on costas diet and the next on mine, anyway costas diet wasnt so bad, i was full and didnt want to eat what i wanted...so really i was on 3 shakes/bars a day with a plate of vegies at night, i found it really easy to my surprise. i made lots of ratatouille and vegi curry, (i was suppose to have evaperaled milk and coconut essences, sorrry but YUK, i found a lite coconunt milk with 6gms of fat per100mls, so i used that) i had sooooooooooo much energy, it was amazing. thats how i lost so much so fast. also on the 2nd of jan i was having a huge bowl of vegies, by the 22nd i was on a half small bowl....and i was full, i couldnt eat as much before, i have a pool and i was trying also on the hot days which wasnt much as this summer is pathetic, to go for swim.

anyway the point to all my babeling is that i had to ween myself onto this diet, its so much easier to do it, well it works for me, it can also work for all :)

nesssie
Back to top Go down
jacqualine
jacqualine

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 12:10 am

Hi Nessie
Thats great that you are well on your way now!!!!
You have lost heaps already. I am about to be sleeved By costa and can not wait,I also am around your starting weight.Did Costa make you lose so much weight before you could have the sleeve done besides the optifast??? I just can not wait for this all to be over so I can begin me new life.
By the way we are making a get together for coffee soon for all us sleeves(Before&after) so if you are interested keep and eye out i will be posting it soon.xxx
Back to top Go down
nesssie31
nesssie31

Female

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 10:55 pm

hello all:)

just thought i would get back intouch with an update since it is day 14 post op, and now on puree...yipppiee

well last night i thought i would try it i had fish and mashed potato, never thought it could taste so good:)

but today and the last few days i have been feeling tried and weak, it takes all my energy to do something like hang out washing, or a shower, it could be the heat im not use to it since we have had low temps for most of summer...?

anyway i get my licence back today im allowed to drive so im off to see a few friends, i really hated being house bound for 2 weeks:( never thought i would ever hear myself saying this im looking forward to going back to work.

anyway nice chatting to you all

nesssie
Back to top Go down
nesssie31
nesssie31

Female

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 8:33 am

hello sprited:)

i too had mine done with costa at gateshead, he is lovely,i felt very safe in his hands. another thing that convenced me was a DR i know had theirs done with costa and i went to see him cause if a dr thinks costa is good enough then so do i, besides a friend of mine also had it done with costa also.

there is workshop meeting with either garni or costa about the procedure which anyone who is considering going through with this is recommended to go, they tell you all about the procedure, and answer the questions you might have. just ring the gateshead number like jacqualine said and the girls will set you up to go, its generally done with a group of about 10 plus people very informal, but very informative. also you are under no obligation to do the procedure its just an information night, take a friend, i took hubby, he too is thinking of getting it done also:)

i too considered the Oclinic at the san ( wahroonga), but me to its was too far away from my family, and lake maq pri is a very nice hospital the staff were great, fantastic. the only thing i found difference between the Oclinic and costa is that costa doesnt have ongoing psychologic support. there is one visit and then one 6 months after, i dont believe that just an operation , dietian, and will power will alone work. It has taken years to get to where we are, with psychology thought processes that has made us who we are. there is nothing wrong with that but there is a psychologic component to this to i believe. so im continuing with the psychologic support for 1 year, he help the mind body work in harmony, to achive my goal, of never to be over weight again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway sorry i woffal on :)

take care

nesssie
Back to top Go down
jacqualine
jacqualine

Female

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 6:14 am

Hi Spirited!!!
I am going to be sleeved at Lake Macquarie private Hospital soon by Dr costa Karihaloo, They are great!! I was first seeing Dr Gani but Dr Costa is more experienced in sleeves,They are also doing op's together so Dr Gani gets more experience on other days.They are both great Drs.Why don't you ring and go and see them as they are in the same rooms 0249478177 at top floor, medical centre,8 sydney street GATESHEADS, The staff are great also.There are a few people on here that have already been sleeved which are great to have a talk to.
GOOD LUCK XX
Back to top Go down
spirited
spirited

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 4:39 am

Hello. Where did you get sleeved. I enquired at lake mac hospital and was told about Dr Garni but think i will go to Oclinic unless you know of a closer alternative.
Being away from my children for 10 days is making me a little anxious.
Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
cyclonestorm
cyclonestorm

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 3:55 am

Welcome Nessie, glad to hear your doing well. Everything is a lesson trial & error dont worry you will be able to enjoy things again soon.

Keep us updated on your journey it is great for me to read about everyones experience but espcially those who are only a couple of weeks ahead of me.

newbie from the hunter 217555
Back to top Go down
nesssie31
nesssie31

Female

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 2:24 am

well hello everyone,

thanks you so much for replying to my post, its great to know there is many people out there. its now 11 days post and im itching to eat food, but i know in a few days i can start on puree, i miss eating :/

i did a bad thing yesterday i ate some chips....and boy did i pay for it, it wasn't worth feeling awful all day and sick. i take it have learnt my lesonnewbie from the hunter 595690

anyway thanks for your replys:)

nesssie
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyMon 30 Jan 2012, 8:07 am

Welcome, Nessie! I hope you are having an easy time, being newly sleeved! Fell free to ask any of us a question either on the forum, or via personal message! We don't bite...hard!
Back to top Go down
anneypoo
anneypoo

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyMon 30 Jan 2012, 3:46 am

Im not too far from the Hunter. I live on the Central Coast.. and my parents live at Weston :)
Back to top Go down
flick
flick

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-12

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyMon 30 Jan 2012, 3:45 am

Hi Nessie

I am from Broke so it is nice to be in contact with someone who is in the area. Welcome to the "group"

Flick
Back to top Go down
envious

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyMon 30 Jan 2012, 3:17 am

Welcome Nessie, I'm not from the Hunter but I'm from Newcastle so not too far from you! I'm only just a little ahead of you, I was sleeved on the 18th and you're right, it is a scary journey but it's also very exciting! :)

Did you join us in the January sleevers?
Back to top Go down
jacqualine
jacqualine

Female

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyMon 30 Jan 2012, 12:05 am

Hi Nessie and welcome!!!! newbie from the hunter 65317
I am from Swansea Heads and there are a few people from down here(Lake Macquarie area) as well. Good luck with your journey.
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptySun 29 Jan 2012, 11:57 pm

Welcome Nesssie!!!!!!

Its a great forum. Ive been on here since Sept 2011 and my sleeve is in Sept 2012. Just waiting for my PHI to kick in. I hope you have a great recovery and look forward to following your progress.

Cheers Mel xx
Back to top Go down
nesssie31
nesssie31

Female

PostSubject: thanks   newbie from the hunter EmptySun 29 Jan 2012, 11:06 pm

hello both kate and sholleynewbie from the hunter 355206

thanks for getting back intouch with me.

yes kate i am starting to read the forums and notice there are lots of support out there thank you:)

mussellbrook huh well im at branxton just a little down the ways. thats good to hear that there is a few of us out there in the hunter. a friend of mine had it 18months ago and hasnt looked back either.

i just need to get past the first couple of weeks with only liquids, im 7 days post op now and counting another 7 to go as im getting sick of just liquids, but im strong and ill perserver if i know there is an end to it:)

yes i have been on all those fad diets, lots heaps and never been able to keep it off, i go great guns for 9 weeks plus but after that im over it and return back to where i started, hopefully this is going to change my life for the better and for the REST of my life. the only way is up they say:) lol or down in our case...lol

anyway thankyou both for replying to my post :) its great to know there are people out there going through what im going through:)
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyFri 27 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

Hi Nesssie,
I'm from Muswellbrook. Where abouts in the Hunter are you? I've recently had contact with two other women from Muswellbrook that have been sleeved and are members on this forum. There are others from Singleton I believe so you're bound to come across a few. I was sleeved on November 30th and haven't looked back since I first found it was possible for me to have this surgery. It's an incredible opportunity for those of us that have failed at all the regular diet fads. Good luck and ask as many questions as you like.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyFri 27 Jan 2012, 8:37 am

Hi Nesssie and welcome to the forum. I'm not from the Hunter area but I'm sure there are plenty on here who are. Lots of info here for you to read and plenty of friendly support from everyone. Good luck with your recovery and take it easy.

Kate
Back to top Go down
nesssie31
nesssie31

Female

PostSubject: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter EmptyFri 27 Jan 2012, 8:16 am

newbie from the hunter 473426 im nesssie:)

i only recently had surgery on monday the 23rd, im now 5 days out and very excited, nervous and frightened about the future.

is anyone else out there from the hunter region???newbie from the hunter 591767
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie from the hunter   newbie from the hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie from the hunter
Page 1 of 1