AuthorMessage
cheezelsandlemonade
cheezelsandlemonade

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Newbie :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie :)   Newbie :) EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 10:40 am

No, hubby isn't getting it done - just me :)

He is just being supportive and lovely and interested !

Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie :)   Newbie :) EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 9:56 am

The best of luck to you! This is not an ending, but a beginning!

Is your hubby having it done too, or is he just being supportive of your decision? Newbie :) 542174
Back to top Go down
cheezelsandlemonade
cheezelsandlemonade

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie :)   Newbie :) EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

You have done really well telling your story, not sugar coating it and its clear looking at the smile on your face and your daughters that it was absolutely worth it for you - and I'm not too proud to admit your Youtube video left me with a little tear rolling down my cheek !

It all seems soooooo far away to get where you are now but I am just SO determined to stop putting my life on hold over this weight.

Thanks so much for a warm welcome :)

Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Newbie :)   Newbie :) EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:16 pm

Fantastic! It was hard, as my blog in the begining shows, but in no way to I regret it! I think my op was about 15 days from initial consult to surgery so I think I struggled mentally having such a quick jump, but had I thought more about it I might not have done it. It was pretty drastic, but so AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
cheezelsandlemonade
cheezelsandlemonade

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie :)   Newbie :) EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:13 pm

Thanks Lib.

Do you know whats funny?

I actually read your blog about a month ago - which was what steered me away from a shaky possibility of a lap band - to a pretty definite and hopeful decision about sleeving.

I didn't realise you were here, but just recognised your picture and blog links! Thank you !

I am booked in to an information session in Box Hill on the 21/3. We luckily have some money put aside so I am hoping considering I can pay right away I wont have to wait too long to go ahead!

Ree xx
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Newbie :)   Newbie :) EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:00 pm

Hey welcome! Trust me the permanancy was what sold me on it. I didn't ever want to go back to yo-yo dieting. 2 years out my life is like any normal skinny person!!! I couldn't believe that I'd be a success, I expected to fail! I didn't and it so so worth it all!! Good luck, look around this place is a wealth of information!
Back to top Go down
cheezelsandlemonade
cheezelsandlemonade

Female

PostSubject: Newbie :)   Newbie :) EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 11:40 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ree, 32, 5'4 and around 125kg and have just made the decision along with my husband that I will get the gastric sleeve operation.

It seems really extreme to me right now because of the permanency of it. I just am really tired of this battle and this Yo-yo ing is really taking its toll on my body and my health. I need help. I have considered the lap band but have watched two of my family members struggle daily with stuck food, acid reflux and constant follow up appointments to have fill put in and taken out, one even had to be hospitalised on holiday in Bali when a wayward piece of egg from her Nasi Goreng got lodged somewhere and she couldnt eat or drink for 4 days.

I feel like I would rather get this done and have no way out, no possibility to give up again, have some babies, and hopefully more energy, more smiles and less tears and another 15 years on my life for my family.

I have a terrible relationship with food and its almost as if it needs to be taken out of my hands. Just researching this surgery has given me a renewed sense of hope and the possibility that maybe I might not have to battle this bloated and overgrown version of myself any more.

From what I have read so far, lurking on this forum for the evening - There will be no shortage of support and inspiration for me here :) Hopefully some day I can return the favor with my very own success story!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie :)   Newbie :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: