2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilted
Kilted

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Help needed please Empty
PostSubject: re. Optifast in the U.K.   Help needed please EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 2:28 am

Thanks for your response Aswan, I've just received a response from Nestle Consumer Services as follows:

"Optifast® is recommended for use under close medical supervision.
Unfortunately, Optifast is not available over the counter in the UK and Ireland. In order to obtain Optifast, you will require a private prescription from you GP, which must be paid for in full on collection from a pharmacy, or a specific ordering card to complete. This order card can only be obtained from a Bariatric Consultant or Dietitian. The card is then sent, along with payment, onto our fulfilment agency who will dispatch the Optifast to you directly."

I guess I'll just have to bring enough for 4 months with me.

Norman
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Help needed please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed please   Help needed please EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

It's not available, as far as I am aware, kiltie. Suggest you buy a protein powder from one of the health shops and use that instead.
Back to top Go down
Kilted
Kilted

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Help needed please Empty
PostSubject: Help needed please   Help needed please EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 12:21 am

Hi UK sleevers, I live in Australia and visit Scotland fairly regularly. I had my sleeve done in May 2010 and I'm down from 127kg to 90 and going along very nicely. To help maintain my weight loss I still use Optifast for breakfast about four times a week but have found it very difficult to get anywhere in the UK. Apparently I have to go to a GP, ask him to send a request to the Nestle rep. who will then organise it so the GP can prescribe it for me.
Have any of the UK sleevers used Optifast and know if it is available yet?
Thank you
Norman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help needed please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed please   Help needed please Empty

Back to top Go down

Help needed please
Page 1 of 1