wikketts
wikketts

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2012-08-10

HELP NEEDED!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED!!    HELP NEEDED!! EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 6:56 am

Hi Kellie

You have come to the right place for support, but in the end it's you that has to make your final decision.

I just had my Curse out 2 weeks ago & will have ByPass surgery in Jan 2013. I like yourself ended up only eating sweet foods, chocolate, icecream biscuits, all the goodies that would give me energy. It was terrible but most mornings I would either start the day with chocolate or a can of V. Because I couldn't eat much at dinner time I couldn't sleep well so was always tired in the morning at work. You will find this echoed in so many diary's so you are not alone.

I had only told 4 people that I had the band, as like youself, fear of failure. When I have the ByPass done the same 4 people will only be told, apart from friends on this forum.

All the best Kellie, I hope all goes well for your Band removal.. Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
shirleyb
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-04-02

HELP NEEDED!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED!!   HELP NEEDED!! EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 12:47 am

Hi Kellie

Hello to you, and this will be the best thing for you.
I myself am an ex-bandit, and I was like everyone else, great when the band was first on and lost weight, and felt so great!
But then it started to go weird and I couldn't eat very many things, only high calorie things ( things that would go down very easily i.e chocolate/yogurt/cream/ice-cream/soups)
A very boring diet, and I had to always make sure that I was close to a bathroom.....not much fun at all.
So I went back to my gorgeous surgeon and told him to take the band out as I was miserable.
I was so bloody scared, and of course as soon as the band was out I did put on weight again.
I had put on weight even with the band in, mind you I think my weight gain was a fair bit of emotional weight, as I was going through a tuff time at the time.
Anyway, I was like you scared as anything the day that I had it out, but I waited 12 mths before I had the sleeve done, as I had a job change in the meantime so had to wait for time off.
But saying all this, this is the best thing the sleeve!
I love the fact that you can eat most things just in small amounts!!!
I have lost 36 kilos and I am back to just under what I had lost with the band, my weight loss is slower than others.
Not sure if this is the age factor or because I have had a band before and now sleeve.
But I am not too unhappy as I am jsut happy that I have lost weight feeling so much healthier and I think that I still will lose more weight as it will be 12 months in Feb 2013 so I am hoping for another 15 kilos , fingers crossed!!
Good luck with everything and to the new you!!!
Shirley
Back to top Go down
Chap25

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-07-04

HELP NEEDED!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED!!   HELP NEEDED!! EmptyWed 17 Oct 2012, 9:17 am

I was the same. The thought of having the band taken out terrified me. That's was my way of saying stop. When my surgeon said I had to have it repaired or taken out I went into full melt down. Not another failed thing my head has won again!!!
I actually grew very addicted to chocolate due to my band. It was my comfort and it stayed down. Now being sleeved if I eat too much it makes me feel sick. I can only see that as a positive. Due to the sleeve I had to focus my attention on other things and food can't be a comfort anymore. U have a lot of thinking to do but I know that with my sleeve its still a struggle and yes u can still graze but I have found cause I got help for my head too I'm not looking for that comfort anymore. U are not alone and have come to the right place for support :)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

HELP NEEDED!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED!!   HELP NEEDED!! EmptyWed 17 Oct 2012, 7:06 am

Hiya Kellie,

Fellow bandit lurker here.
Gosh I sooooooooooo hear and relate to your post.

And that whole fear of failing AGAIN thing it is just massive eh. Especially when every man and his dog knows I have a band .... well what you said; band, praise, switch flick, fail. Oh did you mention shame,

So I have decided to hell with it.
I am doing the sleeve ... what have I got to lose !!!!
Yes, yes I know, other than thousands of dollars I do not have and NO kilos. lol
But seriously, I am not winning with the band, in fact I have come to hate it.
The only way I get and keep weight off is shakes and calorie counting so I may as well go ahead and get the sleeve - if that is what it will take and ya never know it might actually work !!

And I figure and forward movement from here has to be better than sitting where I am and getting fatter .. again!

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

HELP NEEDED!! Empty
PostSubject: first steps   HELP NEEDED!! EmptyWed 17 Oct 2012, 6:06 am

Hi MadMax

You have come to the right placefor support! This forum has some amazing and inspirational members. Most of us understand where you are coming from - we have been there where you are now. Your fear of failing is normal and understandable - being sleeved is just a tool in your weight loss kit and your reduced capacity will stop you from getting out of control if you use it effectively.

Me and cadbury were great mates too - family block of chocolate in one sitting no problems. These days a freddo is all I can manage.

Ask lots of questions, do your research and understand the sleeve process, gather a support team - friends, family, health professionals etc. Take it one step at a time you will get there in the end.

G
Back to top Go down
MADMAX13
MADMAX13

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-09-19

HELP NEEDED!! Empty
PostSubject: HELP NEEDED!!   HELP NEEDED!! EmptyWed 17 Oct 2012, 5:22 am

The time has come to to ask for help, guidance and feedback!!

I also have been lurking in the background for some time now while I waited for the approval of my super.

Its finally come through and I can now book to have my band removed.

Im still very confused, anxious, scared, excited and all those weird thoughts I have when it comes to my weight. I want to make the right decision for once in my life and I want to get it right. Im not naive to think the band totally failed me as I too need to take some responsibility for my actions.

I know im addicted to food……I love the way it makes me feel, full, comfort, satisfaction, my friend, it fills my lonely times, my sad times as I spend a lot of time on my own from fear of not fitting in, being socially unacceptable looking and my home is safe from all those fears.

I want to change all that, I need to change all that, or I know I will not mentally survive life, but im scared of failing again, and again, and again……..how embarrassing it is that people know ive been banded, lost some weight, lots of praise, then the switch flicked, I now weigh as much as I did pre band….FAIL!!

The band worked while I dieted and exercised, this frustrated me as I could have done that without the band. I know there are many who are successful with the band, but the only effect I ever had was obstruction and they would tell you about “productive burps”, oh no, not me, I would wretch and wretch and vomit and vomit til my eyeballs where going to pop out and fully expected to bring up my band at some stage, and I have an empty band……I don’t get it, it does my head in……

So in saying all that dribble, I want to be sleeved but I have concerns as im well in tune of my habits and addictions and fully admit to them. I know my stomach will be smaller, but I still have the sugar addiction, Cadbury and I are best friends and I don’t know how to control that. Like most, ive spent thousands of dollars on psychs who deal with eating disorders etc and I still cant get past it, I don’t know how to change it, my thought patterns, my self loathing, my loneliness, my thoughts of being nothing, invisible and insignificant.

I know the sleeve wont change any of these things, I have to change them, so this is my dilemma……

As you can see I could go on and on and on and apologise for the long read, I just need to get it out in an area where I know some people with understand, relate even, and let me know your own experiences to help me, guide me through this decision I need to make.

I want to succeed, be happy, comfortable and like myself for once in my life!!

Really appreciate you reading this and welcome all feedback, comments and suggestions.

Kellie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HELP NEEDED!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED!!   HELP NEEDED!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED!!
Page 1 of 1