AuthorMessage
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Day 15 (week three) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

agree with mamaraptor, very different surgeons and dieticans, i was still on liquids just started pureed foods, lived on up & go for breakfast (still have them now 3/7days) soups with pureed chicken was my favourite, i could only eat about 6/7 spoons at a time, was not alot of food at all, but we are all different, i spent at least 3 weeks on each stage.

Dietican told me to gradually change the diet, eg. making the pureed food more chunky as the days progressed, so the stomach would get used to it. And most importantly keep drinking your water....

Good luck:)
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 10:24 am

It's so interesting how we are all so different! For me my surgeon said:

First Seven Days: Soups, milkshakes, protein shakes etc
Next Seven days (so day 7 to 14): Purees. Start off really really sloppy then slowly start to increase the thickness.
Next Seven (14 to 21): As above slowly adding in more thicker types of foods
Four weeks: Start to introduce solids and as tolerated commence normal diets

At the moment I am on day 15 so I am mainly having:

- Protein shake in the morning
- Soup or mash for lunch
- Pureed chicken and veg or bolognaise for dinner

I have water all throughout the day but the above is pretty much all I eat/can fit in. Don't get hungry. Tried a little nibble on the end of dads steak tonight; chewed really well and didn't have any issues but too scared to try anything else too soon so sticking with shakes, soups, mash and puree. KFC potato and gravy really works well! ALSO got the knife, fork, band book today. Have had a quick flick and it looks really amazing!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 8:57 am

I just wanted to add that it is really important to follow your surgeons post op menu. Every surgeon has different ideas and it's all about not putting pressure on the staple line. Just because you may be at soft/mushy stage or full menu doesn't mean that's what you have to eat if it feels uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 7:39 am

I must have healed really quickly and from day 12 was on semi-solids like fish, chicken and eggs although I took time to chew the food very well and took little sips if it felt dry going down. Had lots of root veggies in stews and curries. My first food that wasn't a puree was smoked salmon - fantastic. Also loved cruskits with peanut butter.

I had trouble with red meat unless stewed soft and fresh fruit. Noodles gave me a bad case of gurgling pain.

Would've loved to but was afraid to attempt raw foods like salads and veggies.

Day 33 today and I have tried a little raw cucumber and carrot and had no problems.

Most important for you is to take things slow, introduce new foods slowly and carefully - we all progress at different rates.

xoxo
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 7:22 am

Same as Kate, just started on Pureed foods in week 3.

I had pureed satay prawns (that was yum after boring soups etc for 2 weeks)
Pureed Spaghetti Bol
Pureed veggies with mushroom sauce...
I pureed just about anything I could just to have a variety.. some were good, some not so great but it certainly made it a little more interesting!
I found protein shakes with a banana whizzed through were a great brekky and the other half was kept for MT. Very filling and tasted good.
Good luck, it gets better each stage you go through. I'm now on soft foods but still go back to some of my pureed stuff that's in the freezer to use it up so it couldn't have been too bad :)
Back to top Go down
jessiegirl
jessiegirl

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 7:09 am

Hi, I was naughty and eating mostly solids (couldn't lave sugar or lactose so got fed up) but on the mushier side i was having mince (really well mooshed) eggs, soggy weetbix, and mashed vegies or cauliflower cheese etc. And cruskits! What a lifesaver they are.

Just take each new food as you feel able and don't push yourself, each new food is an adventure! Some work, some dont... Good luck!
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 4:35 am

week 3

white fish perch is good, grilled or pan fried, chew really well
mashed veggies
shaved cold meats but chew really well
cruskits with creamed cheese
bolg sauce made with chicken mince and blitzed so quite smooth i had it on mashed potato yummy
stewed fruit and custard
watermelon small bites

handy tip if your out and need to eat frozen yogurt goes down a treat

couldnt manage scrambled egg

hugs
Mandy
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 1:39 am

-eating

Mostly mushy foods, up & go, soups and omelettes.

- attempting to eat

Adventure time - I tried a pancake (managed about half), and a bit of soft foods, like soggy weetbix. Plus being Christmas, I tried chicken (ok), turkey (ok), ham (NOT okay), and gravy and roast pumpkin (ok). I've not returned to most of these since - just pulled chicken.

- avoiding

Pea and ham soup. Ham.

- unable to eat

Pea and ham soup. Ham. Initially had a hard time with cruskits and tuna at the end of week two / start of week three, now can eat just fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 1:18 am

Week 3 was the start of purees for me. I started off with some soups that I had made. Pumpkin Soup was my favourite, which is weird because I don't like pumpkins. I also had a risotto recipe from my dietician that I tried in the 2nd week of my puree stage. I wasn't keen on pureeing meat of any kind so I stayed away from that. I also didn't have any carbs in anything that I pureed, actually I still don't eat any carbs. Maybe have a look in the recipe section and see if you can find something that you think will taste good.
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 1:14 am

What were you:

-eating
- attempting to eat
- avoiding
- unable to eat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 15 (week three)   Day 15 (week three) Empty

Back to top Go down

Day 15 (week three)
Page 1 of 1