Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet!   Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet! EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 12:07 pm

Melinda, I was a similar BMI and weight to you when I was sleeved. I am also the same HEIGHT! I had diabetes and high blood pressure. Now I don't! My Surgeon said, 'Oh well, we can wait until you put on a few more kilos, or we can take care of this now!'

I am so glad I had it done before I got over the 95KG mark!

I lost all my excess weight within six months of being sleeved. My surgeon said that women of our size generally lose 100 percent of our excess weight within a year. So you have made the right decision! Check out my gallery and diary! There are other ladies our size here as well. (Well not any more) Vronnie, and Smurfette are two that come to mind as well as myself.

Good luck with your journey!

Michelle
x
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet!   Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet! EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 10:58 am

Hi Melinda

I will be very surprised if anyone on here judges you as I have found this site to be nothing but supportive and friendly. I know where you are coming from. I have chronic foot pain and have done so for many years (along with chroni back pain). My right foot has gone through 3 operations and I'm not game to start on the left as the right hasn't improved that much. They do feel a little better at the moment as I have lost 31kg. I have recently gone to a skeletal (?spelling) doctor who said my feet were like blocks of cement. He does almost like manipulation movements and also what's called dry needling. This is just like acupuncture but the needle goes in a lot further. I just had this done on Friday and my right foot is feeling quite good while the left not much improvement but he seems to think that another treatment in February will solve all. Also by then I hope to have lost most of my remaining weight. Just passing this on as I'm sure like me you are willing to try anything to relieve your foot pain. I also find a cross trainer (also called elliptical trainers) helps no end for exercise. It takes a lot of the stress of walking for exercise off the feet. I use mine 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time. Good luck on your journey and to hell with what other people think. Do this for you. I look forward to seeing your progress.
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet!   Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet! EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 7:45 am

Hi Melinda,

I am 166cms, and I know at 90kgs, I really noticed a difference. (on the way up in weight!! Not down!)

When I was in the 80's I felt Ok, but once I hit 90, that's when I struggled up stairs, shortness of breath, sore feet etc, and I got to 109kgs, but could have easily had it done at 90, so don't feel bad, be happy that you are enlightened enough to get it done earlier, i wish I had!

Good luck!

Janelou xx
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet!   Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet! EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 7:21 am

Hi Melinda38

I don't judge you at all. You don't have to be morbidly obese to not be in control of your weight. We all have unique story... but our solution unites us and I would be very surprised if anyone here was judgemental about you seeking help. You want to be able to control your weight, improve your health outcomes and be free of pain. I congratulate you for taking a step in the right direction. Best of luck to you!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet!   Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet! EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 7:03 am

So Ive been checking out the support group even made a few posts but I must say Im feeling a tad guilty.

Ok as you see from my ticker my BMI sits around 34 its been up to 40 and back down post babies. Ive noticed everyone else is a bit heavier. You guys must all be thinking what the hell am I doing this for well yes Im still classed as clinically obese but its my feet!

Im 163cms so im not overly small but certainly not tall. My feet however seemed have missed out on growth hormone as they are only a size 6! I had a Dr ask me once "How on Earth do you walk on them" Yes he was an arrogant pig! Saying that my feet are in constant pain and I just cant do it any more. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia so pretty much the rest of body hurts as well. The best treatment for this kind of pain is exercise. But as you all are aware its hard to exercise when your feet dont move. Legs feel like concrete and all you want to do after exercise is sleep.

My surgeon is very excited. He seems to think all will be well once the surgery is done and im 'lighter'. I hope he is right. I just want to be well enough to be healthy. Does that make sense? I hope Im not judged to poorly but Im feel this iS my best options.

Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet! 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet!   Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet! Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeling a little guilty but...my poor feet!
Page 1 of 1