6 posters
AuthorMessage
MoUsEy
MoUsEy

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 7:11 pm

I didnt have a pain button but they put something in my drip when i needed it, the pain wasnt to bad i had my gallstones out and i think that was worse but i think that was because of the gas,

i didnt have much trouble with the gas for this surgery, the gas was in my tummy it just felt like i was hungry which i might of been because i didnt feel like anything but water but once i started eating my home made jellie (the hospital jelly are so yuck) and poweraid i started feeling better

hope all goes well for u i think with pain if u can have a baby without anything then u should be good to go, but i have never had a baby so i have no idea what it feels like but it looks painful hahaha
Back to top Go down
0512christie
0512christie

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptySat 26 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

Thanks for the info Amanda hopefully I miss the horrible nurse you have mentioned. Did the pain medication take the edge off the pain. I gave birth to my 3 kids drug free but the pain associated with surgery is something I have no idea about and am scared. I suppose after it is done there is nothing I can do about it I just have to deal

Cheers Christie
Back to top Go down
MoUsEy
MoUsEy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 6:10 am

Ah yes Dr munroe he is a good doctor! we might bump into each other when i see my doctor hehe, i gotta catch up with him on wednesday for my check up, we will both be having megan as the dietitian she is very nice and helpful so ur in good hands there,

Dr munroe did my boyfriend mums band and she said he is fantastic, but i went with dr wong because his a bit cheaper and he could get me in faster which is what i wanted he is a great doctor as well very caring.

With the night nurses at Gosford private i had a bit a trouble with them, i needed help getting out of bed and she didnt help me she said oh well get up and unplug ur drip and off u go and walked out on me, lucky another nurse who was checking my blood pressure came in 5mins after and helped me up, i hope u dont get this lady she isnt very nice and they make u swallow panadol hahaha i would bring a pill cutter if i were u!

im feeling fine, i eating less then i would but i find once i eat my meal an hour later im hungry, im on mushie foods so it might be because of that, i am going to try toast on the weekend! so excited hehehe

my surgery went good i was in lots of pain but im really bad when it comes to pain i know alot of people are up and walking around the next day it took me 3 days to really walk around

i hope everything goes well for u i know it will ur in good hands!

Amanda
Back to top Go down
0512christie
0512christie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 5:11 am

It is great to hear from some coasties on here and thankyou for all the welcomes. I am only 20mins from Ourimbah and finished uni there this time last year. I am being sleeved on the 14th of dec by dr Munro at Gosford private.
Mousey, He works out of the same offices as Dr Wong. How was your surgery and how are you going now? Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast 21984

Back to top Go down
MoUsEy
MoUsEy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 4:50 am

Hehehe yeah us coasties need to do a catch up
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 3:50 am

Ourimbah, I drive past you often on my way to Uni lol. Glad you are doing okay. Maybe a meet up round Tuggerah way after Christmas crazy's have gone lol
Back to top Go down
MoUsEy
MoUsEy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 12:47 am

Hey there

Im from Ourimbah! and was sleeved 3 weeks ago with doctor wong, i was so very nervous about getting leaks and blood clots but i did what my doc told me and everything is ok with me, all i have is still a bit a pain but thats because i am really bad when it comes to pain,

Who is your doctor? and are you going to be going to north gosford private?

Amanda
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

hi and welcome,Toukley is lovely, myself and my family go to canton beach every year,anyway i am being sleeved on the 14th of february 2012,can't come quick enough.
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

Welcome to the forum Christie!
There is an amazing amount of information on this site, and the people are so warm and genuine.
I look forward to following your journey.
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 12:38 pm

No complications. They have to tell you the worse, which sometimes is hard to hear. I have just a few surgeries (a lot actually) As long as you stick to Opti you will be fine. I am not saying complications don't happen but the successes verses failures, well there is more happy stories. You have faith in your surgeon? That is the main thing......

I am happy, I am down to 49-51 now so went way past what I thought I would. It has been hard, struggling with the emotional side of why I ate but it does get easier.
Back to top Go down
0512christie
0512christie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

Thanks Diana,

I am in Woongarrah which is near Toukley. You have done amazingly well and you must be so happy. Did you have any complications. This is my biggest fear but I have to start thinking positively or I might talk myself out of the surgery which would be a shame.
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 11:29 am

Hey there,

I am on the coast too, round Saratoga area. Welcome and you will be fine, this site is fab, the ladies are really helpful.

Diana
Back to top Go down
0512christie
0512christie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

Thanks Janette,

I find that freaky, same stats and same surgery date a year later. You have done so well and I can only hope that my journey is going to be as successful as yours. Looks like you are going to be a little worse for wear for Xmas this year too. All the best for Dec 20.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

Hi Christie and welcome.

Your stats are the same as mine used to be, weight and height wise.

I was sleeved 14 Dec 2009!!

You will be just fine, the sleeve is brillant and you are going to love it.

Good luck with your surgery and journey.

Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast 217555 Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast 217555
Back to top Go down
0512christie
0512christie

Female

PostSubject: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:27 am

Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Christie and I am scheduled to be sleeved on the 14th of December on the Central Coast. It is all happen g very quickly and to be honest I am terrified about the surgery. I have never been operated on and have only ever spent 3 nights in hospital ever, one night for each child I have delivered. I think this site might be just what I need. Anyway these are my stats. 126kg. BMI 46. 167cm tall. I look forward to meeting new people on here and am also interested in hearing from anyone on the Central Coast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast   Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new to this. From Central Coast
Page 1 of 1