Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......

Go down 
+7
SassyMummy
FNM
butterflyfallen
cocosnuts
crisalida
Countrygirl_WA
lovelyslim
11 posters
AuthorMessage
di83

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

Hey ,I was introduced to product today that will make it alot easier to reach the 60g protein in first 6 weeks. It is called GNC lo-carb delite it comes in chocolate, vanilla and unflavoured it has 30grams of protein, 1.6g carbohydrate and 134 cal per serve. Each serve is 2scoops. you Mix 2 scoops in 250ml (1 cup) of purified water, skim milk or fruit juice. if you had with skim milk there would be even more protein. So you would only need have 2 of these shakes(500ml) a day to reach your goal. optifast only has 17g of protein.
Diana
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

Runny Tuna mornay( purred) made with light cheese and skinny tinny evaporated milk. Use less thickener to make thinner consistency.

I found adding protein powder ( unflavored) to soups was good so long as they were not too hot as can create a funny texture. Was easy enough to mask the protein taste (even though unflavored) with herbs e.g garlic, pepper, little salt.

I Added chicken and egg whites to Chicken broths and pureed. Consistency was still thin but had chicken and egg bits throughout.

I also liked baked bean soup fried rasher of bacon, garlic, onion and BBQ sauce, add Add a can of baked beans to the pan to heat, then puree. Add puree to prepared tomato soup (small can made with low fat milk, not water). Can add Philly cream cheese and stir through as serving. A scoop of unflavored protein power gives an added boost.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 7:57 pm

What about a plain greek yoghurt.

Black Swan make a Greek Style Breakfast yoghurt that is yummy and has 9.4 grams protein per 125 gm serve. I buy it from Woollies.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

Thanks all for your reply's

i guess being on purees it's a bit harder ........ i try to have as much protein as possible for the healing of the stomach ...... some days i get up to 50 grames others i manage 30grames but i guess something is better than nothing ........ i am a savoury eater not a sweet tooth and i find the liquid shakes and yogurts ,bananas and fruit purees so sweet.......
does anyone have tips on savoury with lots of protein foods .......
i manage to eat alot of meat chicken lentils beans purees ........and running eggs with skim milk ......

anyway cheers from lovelyslim.....

Love my sleeeeeeeve
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptySat 19 Nov 2011, 4:29 am

I like the well naturally high protein mini bars ( especially the choc peppermint surprise). - nice treat with a cuppa for MT or AT - great taste, 84 cals 9.5g protein, 3g carbs, 2.8g fat.

Yoghurt is also a good protein booster. I like the Tamar Valley Greek style sugar free fruit variety. Smal tub (125g) has 7-9 grams of protein.

You can get some flavorless protein powders to sprinkle in soups, smoothies etc. I didn't like these though I could taste them and the curdle if used with hot food. One from the chemist is called beneprotein.

Lots of different protein enhanced drinks e.g musashi p30 - orange flavored water based drink - no carbs, 30g protein in 500ml bottle . Nice as is, but you could dilute it more if you wanted to to have with your water intake.

I don't use any supplements now (except mini protein bars but they are more treat for me, like a tim tam). It's Pretty easy to get enough from natural food sources once recovered and on full diet.
Back to top Go down
DeeSamRach

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

Hi all

I have just discovered these protein bars which have 19.7g protein there called bsc body lo carb lite bars they come in various flavours like choc caramel, lemon merigue,choc coconut,swiss choc.

what i do is I split up the bar into bite size peices so @ mt i will have my bite size peice after my coffee etc etc

and I try and have my opti shake which is 19g protein and then the rest I have mince or whatever but I feel its a start between opti and the bar.

here is a link of what the bars look like you can get them from body building shops and some rebel shops sell them.

http://www.sportyshealth.com.au/Body_Science_BSc_Lo_Carb_Protein_Bar.html

hope this might help

Dee
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

If you're seriously having issues with it, right now I'd be cutting out non-protein stuff. So no veges. It sounds nuts, but it's what I did in the early stages to make sure I got enough of other stuff. They just take up space, and while they've got good stuff in them, they simply don't have enough protein.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 10:55 am

Depends on how much of each you are eating. You could try weighing and entering your food at a site like www.calorieking.com.au for a day or two so you can be more sure of how much protein you're actually getting.

You may find you're worrying unnecessarily.

For example:

1 extra large egg has 7g of protein, 250ml low fat milk 10g, lentils 0.8g per tablespoon, 50g of beef has 10g

Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 4:28 am

Thanks for your reply's

Need to drink more protein ....am slacking off a bit ........... Protein protein protein .......

I am having 1 egg with low fat milk runny
Lentils with meat ,carrot and potato
Milk shake with banana low fat milk plus 1tablet spoon protein
lentils with meat ,carrot and potato .....

Is this enough protein .........
Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 11:34 am

If you are really struggling you could always add more protein powder to a pre-mixed drink like Musashi P30 or Protein Revival.

A half serve is a good place to start, the powder I use has 15g of protein in a 20g serve (about 3 tbs of powder) it should mix okay, in a shaker is easiest.

If you can manage the whole thing you would be getting 45g of protein even if it takes ALL DAY!

Early on I had more luck with really cold liquids. I would put mine in the freezer until it was on the verge of freezing and eat it with a spoon.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 9:33 am

i have the musashi pre mixed poppa's - they are 30gms and albeit expensive, its my garentee of 30gms headstart when i have one in the morning. I get bored with salmon and tuna etc so its the only way i know ive god a good chance of getting to my 60gms!
Back to top Go down
cocosnuts
Part of the furniture
cocosnuts

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 5:27 am

i only need to have 40-50grams. I find it difficult, but i dont add powder to anything, I just consume alot of slow cooked lean meats and low fat cheeses and lentils/beans.
Back to top Go down
http://chloereed.blogspot.com/
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 9:51 pm

This is what I found: http://www.nutritionwarehouse.com.au/new-whey-liquid-protein-by-ids-sports-pr-1124.html

It contains 42grams of protein and only 100mls so easier to consume :)

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl_WA
Countrygirl_WA

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

I've got a Musashi powder that, when mixed with 300mls skim milk, has 40gms of protein. You can also buy the Musashi ready to drink ones that have 30gms :)
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

I am finding Protein intake so hard at this stage

i am 15 days post-op .......... I wonder how do sleevers take 50-60 grames of protein a day ....... how hard is it to drink a whole Shake 250mls .......

Any tips

what products do you use ......

I was even thinking of buying liquid protein ....anyone had it ........ I have Natural protein from natures way and add it to most of my meals ......

Protein protein protein ...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......    Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......   Empty

Back to top Go down

Protein ( How do you fit 50-60grames in a day ) how hard.... any tips......
Page 1 of 1