Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gut Less
Gut Less

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 12:30 am

Hi Nicole

I'm not as tall as you ... only 165cms, so probably broader in the beam :-).

Yep, I think I have the market cornered in Tuckshop Lady arms, but just like my surgery scars and my ceasar scar - part of who I am these days.

When I met my hub, 15 years ago, I lost weight without trying for the first time in my life and actually got down to 67kgs ... but that didn't last for longer than a year!

GL
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 2:16 pm

hi GL,

so we are the same weight now. I started at 109kg i had been that or around that for about 4 years, went down by 6-8kg a few times but lost my motavation and put it back on. Im not sure what my healthy weight range is to tell you the truth i will have to look it up. I set my goal of 75kg cos i was 72 when i met my hubby 21 years ago and i thought maybe i should carry a few extra kg to help fill up the wrinkles...lol

I would agree with you about the flabby skin i got down to about 84 kg about 6 years ago and i dont remember being this flabby i have loose skin everywhere but nothing clothing doesnt hide. I just wished i could wear a singlet top without having to wear a little cardie over the top to cover up the tuckshop lady arms ( batwings, angel wings whatever you call them).
Back to top Go down
Gut Less
Gut Less

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 12:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Yep, we're probably the Sleeve Lab Rats/Guinea Pigs in this corner of the world.

Nicole - congratulations on getting to your goal weight, that's fabulous.

Anyway, the feedom I now feel from weight anxiety and stress is enormous. I'm healthier and have a better chance of seeing my grandkids. All good as far as I'm concerned.

GL

Last edited by Gut Less on Sat 07 Feb 2009, 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 8:57 am

we are all guinea pigs twitching our noses in a big cage called perth.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 5:04 am

hi gutless i am not from perth but 2 hours south in bunbury we have only 1 dr down here that performs the op and 2 that do the band.
What was your start weight?
I was also in 18-20's and i am now in 12-14's i reached my goal 2 days before xmas of 75kg ( 172cm tall) ....but.....lol over xmas i have put on a few hundred grams... but im sure they will come off again when i get back to normal eating.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 2:58 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh ....... more Perth peoples !!!

The word about sleeving must be spreading like a scrubfire on a dry summers day over there ! Or is it the word about this fabulous site thats spreading more quickly over there than anywhere else in Australia ? It would be very interesting if it were possible, to find out the geographical statistics of where the Sleeve operation has been performed Australia wide......

Following up on Tickled Pinks point, it would also be interesting to know how many doctors perform the operation in each state. I know that there are 2 in Townsville that do it which is a pretty remote town so only assuming there must more in the bigger cities and towns.

GL it was really inspiring to hear from someone who is close to reaching their goal weight because it would be interesting to hear how that goal weight is maintained and what can be expected once it is reached.....you have dome amazingly well...... cos as Deb so rightly says, its the fear of the unknown that is daunting.

Anyway a big warm welcome and its great to have you here.

Smiles :)
Bella
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Perth is the Centre of Our Sleeving Universe Anyway...   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptySat 27 Dec 2008, 12:27 pm

Hi Gutless,

Great to hear from you and I am glad you are having such success since your operation.
It really is a personal thing about who you tell and who you don't isn't it?
I am not going to keep mine a secret. If people don't agree with my decision it is their problem, not mine.

Tickled Pink you are booked in for 10 days before my operation. Hope all goes well for you. Reading everybody else's posts it's a bit of a no-brainer isn't it? Not looking forward to the pain though- fear of the unknown really.

-Deb
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptySat 27 Dec 2008, 12:18 pm

Haha, I've thought that before too (about Perth being the centre of the sleeving universe), I think that we are quite lucky over here and have a few doctors who preform the sleeve, whereas the other states dont have as many doctors. I could very well be wrong though Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? 697586

Welcome to the forum, I havent been sleeved yet, but my operation is booked in for January 12, which is only just over 2 weeks away.
Back to top Go down
Gut Less
Gut Less

Female

PostSubject: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? EmptySat 27 Dec 2008, 11:46 am

There seem to be so many of us from Perth! The world's most isolated city seems to be the Sleeve Capital.

I've battled weight all my life, and 18 months ago my mother had the sleeve done. I thought she was insane to have half her stomach cut out (now I know it's more like 90% of her stomach), however she seemed to have great weight loss, and a sense of calm about the whole food thing.

Nine months later I was booked n for my 'Slice and Dice'. I chose not to tell many people what I was doing, largely because of my initial reaction to my mother, knowing that you kind of have to travel that road to understand. It caused a few 'issues' in the family (eg when my mother-in-law told my sister-in-law and I didn't want the SIL to know etc) but now I have told most of my close friends.

I've lost 26kgs so far... and ideally should lose another 3-5 kgs, but am feeling such a great sense of freedom from over-eating that if I stay I size 14 instead of a size 12, I don't mind. At least I'm not in size 20's anymore and depressed about my weight.

In terms of side-effects of the Slice and Dice, I still vomit on occasion, don't like water (need to force myself to drink 'good' drinks) and can't tolerate past for some reason. But it's still worth it.

I've got twin 4 year old daughters, so my ongoing challenge is going to be to ensure that they don't have any eating disorders, if there's anything I can do to help it.

Cheers

GL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?   Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Perth the centre of the Sleeving Universe?
Page 1 of 1