4 posters
AuthorMessage
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

Medica Centre Hurstville Empty
PostSubject: Medica Centre Hurstville   Medica Centre Hurstville EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

Outstanding experience.

The centre is only a couple of months old so everything was brand-spanking new. There were about a dozen single rooms on my floor. Only 5 were occupied while I was there. There was one other gastric sleeve and the others were rehabilitating after hip or knee surgery. There were at least two staff at all times. To say that I was waited on hand-and-foot was an understatement! I was checked on so regularly that I rarely had to ring for anything.

My room was a good size with a view of Hurstville Library (which I appreciated as I am a Librarian Medica Centre Hurstville 65317) The bed was comfortable and I had a large plasma TV with Foxtel on the wall. I have been to hotels with less amenities! Food came from somewhere else in the building. The menu had lots of interesting choices (which I couldn't have) they did bring me Up & Go, gourmet gluten-free ice cream, jelly and custard on my final morning.

After the operation I was given two shots of pain killers even though I wasn't in pain (my Doctor orders) That night I had terrible shoulder-tip pain. Unfortunately, the Doctors instructions said no more strong pain killers. The nurses tried massage, walking with me up and down the corridor and heat packs and when I was still in pain they took it upon themselves to ring my Doctor and get permission to give me another injection. They then hunted down the Registrar and got me the injection which I am very grateful for. This is typical of the care and understanding I received the whole 4 days.

One of the nurses had previously had a gastric sleeve with my Doctor so was a hugely valuable and reassuring presence.

I got the impression that the centre was VERY KEEN to keep my Dr's business.

Back to top Go down
Newstart65
Newstart65

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: I agree with the Standard of care from Surgical Centre - Hurstville   Medica Centre Hurstville EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 12:28 pm

I just left hospital today and found the level of professionalism of all staff fantastic. They were very strict in following Dr D's instructions.

I had no major issues so came home on 4th day
Back to top Go down
http://link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNuc5ej/]

PostSubject: Re: Medica Centre Hurstville   Medica Centre Hurstville EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 5:34 am

Glad to hear u had a good experience. I am booked into the same hospital with Dr Durmush. So excited, can't wait.

Thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
sharona333

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Medica Centre Hurstville   Medica Centre Hurstville EmptyWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:04 am

Hi Malsmum,

I just want to say I had my op there last month, the staff are absolutely fantastic, the hospital is lovely and new. Dr D is the best. Good luck for your op, I'm sure you will come through with flying colours.

take care

Sharon xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Medica Centre Hurstville   Medica Centre Hurstville EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 11:45 am

Thanks for the feedback Sharon. Just counting the days down now.
Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Widget

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Medica Centre Hurstville   Medica Centre Hurstville EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 4:05 pm

Sister had it done there recently. It's now called "The surgery centre". Staff were very nice but I was not happy about having to beg for drugs when only a few hours out of theatre. Dr may have under prescribed as nurses are reluctant to call and ask for more. They waited until my sister was in tears before calling, which sounds like a somewhat regular thing. Other than being stingy on the medication, they were polite and attentive. The beds are apparently $65,000 each but are really dependent on your liking...it's automatic contouring system is a bit touch and go. No foxtel was on tv and we didn't even get all the normal digital channels. I did like how the visitors chair folded out into a bed. That was very comfy. The nurses were awesome in not being strict about visiting hours also.
I'll be going there next week and know what to expect. A lot Better than public hospital experiences. The private rooms are a god send. You can shut your door whenever for some extra quiet. It's no hotel, but it's definitely a quality hospital.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medica Centre Hurstville   Medica Centre Hurstville Empty

Back to top Go down

Medica Centre Hurstville
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: