Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikiban

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-09-30

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne!   Hi from Melbourne! EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 2:31 pm

uncleluck wrote:
Hi Nikiban, welcome to the forum, I to have to wait till my phi kicks in, in march. You are in the right place for all the info you need to get to the other side. This site is like one big happy family, everyone supports each other here. well good luck on your journey.

Hi from Melbourne! 355206

Thanks Uncleluck! I guess we'll get to compare notes as we will probably have the surgery around the same time
Back to top Go down
Nikiban

Female

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne!   Hi from Melbourne! EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

spoggy wrote:
In my experience, having a sleeve is the best thing I have ever done about my weight and general health. I have lost 44 kg, given diabetes, high bp and cholesteral the big kick. I f I have anything to do with never to return.

I have not looked back and enjoying being slim and lots of energy. If you want to meet for a chat I am sure we can arrange something.

Wow Spoggy - that's amazing! Well done! I can only hope to be as successful. You must feel like a million bucks. I am fairly lucky in that I have dodged the usual health issues that go along with obesity - but only because I am relatively young (30) I know it's waiting for me if I don't do something soon. I am really scared of the surgery but, I KNOW my chances of getting the weight off and keeping it off without surgery is between buckley's and none.
Back to top Go down
uncleluck
Part of the furniture
uncleluck

Male
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne!   Hi from Melbourne! EmptyMon 03 Oct 2011, 1:24 pm

Hi Nikiban, welcome to the forum, I to have to wait till my phi kicks in, in march. You are in the right place for all the info you need to get to the other side. This site is like one big happy family, everyone supports each other here. well good luck on your journey.

Hi from Melbourne! 355206
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from spoggy   Hi from Melbourne! EmptyMon 03 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

In my experience, having a sleeve is the best thing I have ever done about my weight and general health. I have lost 44 kg, given diabetes, high bp and cholesteral the big kick. I f I have anything to do with never to return.

I have not looked back and enjoying being slim and lots of energy. If you want to meet for a chat I am sure we can arrange something.
Back to top Go down
Nikiban

Female

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne!   Hi from Melbourne! EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 11:20 am

Thanks guys - my PHI doesn't kick in 'till march next year so I will have to live vicariously through everyone here until then :) At this stage, I'm not even sure which state I will be living in (I may have to move for work at the end of the year) so......I really will be starting all over again, choosing a new surgeon and all!
Back to top Go down
embelly
embelly

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne!   Hi from Melbourne! EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 11:09 am

Hi Nikiban,

Welcome to the forum. Ive started this journey at a similar weight to you. I went to the doctor the other week and 'discovered' that i weighed 134.5kg, it was a shock of a moment. Knew i'd gained weight, but didn't realise it was that much.

Im being sleeved next week, so pretty excited.

Wishing you all the best on starting your journey, and looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Em
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne!   Hi from Melbourne! EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

Welcome to the site Nikiban!

I am glad you feel able to move forward. The people and the information on this site are awesome!!!!

Look forward to following your journey.
Back to top Go down
Nikiban

Female

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Melbourne!   Hi from Melbourne! EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:14 am

Hi everyone,

I had lap band surgery in September 06 and everything was great for a few months. I lost 25kg and was looking really good, but wasn't feeling great. I had all the usual problems (reflux, not able to keep anything down) but put up with it for far too long. In the end I could not tolerate any fill at all. I only had it out last October and it has taken me a while to come around to the idea of having surgery again. Meanwhile I have ballooned from 106kg (date of lap band surgery) to 135.5kg.

I really hope that this time around things will be different - I have to say that it has been reading all of your stories that has made me brave enough to try again Hi from Melbourne! 618285

Nikiban
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Melbourne! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne!   Hi from Melbourne! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Melbourne!
Page 1 of 1