AuthorMessage
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Another newbie from Brisbane :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyThu 06 Oct 2011, 5:36 am

Hi Pia

I hope all went well. Looking forward to hearing how you coped!

Mel x
Back to top Go down
sharkgirl
sharkgirl

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

Hi Amber, good luck to you - will be interested to hear how it goes :)
Thanks Christa, I am very inspired by your success (and my middle name is Krista!)
Thanks Nicki, very comforting words
Kate - we have similar thought patterns at the moment LOL! I have replied in the October Sleevers thread - feeling very ashamed :/
Thanks Trac, this site is truly fabulous x
And thanks Erin :)

4 more sleeps - still freaking out, but mainly because I will call my surgeon tomorrow to see if my op has to be cancelled :( Not doing very well on Opti for a variety of reasons (excuses). I am determined to do this though, so fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 8:53 am

gday Pia

waving from the top end, good luck and wishing you a warm welcome

Erin

Another newbie from Brisbane :) 217555
Back to top Go down
Trac
Trac

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 5:26 am

Welcome to the site Pia,

Good luck for 3rd Oct. I was sleeved in Bris by Dr Bowden at the Wesley but the nurse at my local GP used Dr Greenslade and said he was just wonderful. If I lived over that way I probably would have used him also.

It's only natural to be scared, although I accepted it and ended up being more excited. We are all here to support you when you need it. Make sure you join up the October 2011 thread, if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
Kate + Mum (123katepink)
Part of the furniture
Kate + Mum (123katepink)

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 11:41 pm

Welcome Pia,

I have the same worries as you, its normal to feel this way, but knowing that doesn't make it feel any better.

Im getting my sleeve done on the 5th of October. Im on day 2 of OptiPuke and not coping at all. Whe does it have to be so disgusting lol! One thing I will say my goodness the steamed vegies I had last night tasted amazing lol!

Good luck with your journey, we dont have long to wait!

Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 11:13 pm

welcome pia,

I was a little heavier than you when I started, it comes off quickly. Just think this time next year you will be the weight you want to be. Exciting isn't it? I was sleeved by Dr Greenslade too and he is awesome. It is a bit scary but it is amazing that it's not that painful.

Goodlyck on your journey.

Nicki xoxo Another newbie from Brisbane :) 217555
Back to top Go down
Hannah
Part of the furniture
Hannah

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 9:43 pm

Hi Pia

Welcome to the forum. Wishing you all the best for your journey it is an amazing and rewarding ride. You will love it.

Take Care
Christa
Back to top Go down
auntyamber
auntyamber

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 4:11 pm

Hi Pia,

I am also getting sleeved October 3rd but on the goldcoast. I'm also a similar weight with the same BMI so looks like we have alot in common. I am definately experiencing the same fears and also struggling with Optifast. I look forward to following your journey

:-) Amber
Back to top Go down
sharkgirl
sharkgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 1:17 pm

Thanks Janette. I am so inspired by your journey - good for you!
Feeling very very nervous, so hoping I am making the right decision. I actually looked at some clothes today and for the first time realised that I may not have to find large sizes for too much longer - was very liberating!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:04 pm

Hi Pia and welcome

Wishing you all the best with your surgery.
You are going to love the sleeve!

Another newbie from Brisbane :) 217555 Another newbie from Brisbane :) 217555
Back to top Go down
sharkgirl
sharkgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

Hi Jane :)
That's great that we're going to the same surgeon. He was lovely hey?
Thanks for the welcome, am really excited and yes, it's not far away!
Started Opti today - how I loathe being on those shakes diets LOL! All for a good reason this time though.
Look forward to reading some more stories :)

Pia
Back to top Go down
JAM
JAM

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Welcome   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:51 pm

Welcome Pia

Im using the same surgeon however my procedure is not until 25 Jan 2012. You will find this site so informative with the good the bad and the ugly truths fortunately the good out weights the bad and the ugly by a long shot.

All the best for the 3rd (wow its only just round the corner)

Cheers

Jane

Another newbie from Brisbane :) 120705
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
sharkgirl
sharkgirl

Female

PostSubject: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 10:04 am

Hi there,
My name is Pia and I am 37 yrs old. I have finally made the decision to have gastric sleeving and will be having my procedure done by Dr Justin Greenslade (Brisbane) on October 3.
Very nervous but very excited!!
I am probably the same as a lot of you in that I have tried so many times to lose weight, only to fail time and time again.
I am currently 107kg, and have a BMI of 42, something I am completely ashamed of.
I am so uplifted of the many positive experiences here. Have also read some of the stories of complications so am hoping I am lucky enough to get through it without any.
I am very very nervous that I will be one of the few people this procedure doesn't work for, and that I will have undergone such a major procedure for nothing. Am particularly worried that I will somehow manage to overeat again and undo all the good I may have done. I am just very cautious about being excited to be lighter - it's something I never dreamed would happen. I've been overweight for so long.

Anyway, will be giving it 100% and am so thankful a friend told me about this site - she too had this procedure done about 12 weeks ago :)

I look forward to sharing my journey and getting to know you all a little better :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Brisbane :)   Another newbie from Brisbane :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Another newbie from Brisbane :)
Page 1 of 1