8 posters
AuthorMessage
80-Over
80-Over

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Newbie from Brisbane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 2:22 am

Hi Libertyjo

I am also from Brisbane and being sleeved be Dr Greenslade on 25th June!

Sent in my super forms on 17th April so desperately waiting to hear back..

Good luck with everything....

Melissa
Back to top Go down
kelmarmug
kelmarmug

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySun 28 Apr 2013, 6:33 am

Hi again. The team at George's clinic were great. I gave them the forms and within a week I had the forms filled in and sent back with a letter. This is needed for super. I then called the anaesthetist and they emailed me the letter (quote) the same day. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to call them. They are great.
Kel
Back to top Go down
libertyjo

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 11:22 pm

Thanks everyone for your welcome, I'm feeling much better knowing that the wait time isn't that long for scheduling surgery. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to next week's meet up, my 9 year old would be less than impressed at having to sit around while I chat!

RJ i have read that some people have struggled with the super forms and finance breakdown - was Dr Hopkins' team helpful with your super withdrawl? I am hoping to do PHI + Super but will pay the gap if need be by whatever means possible. It will be four months from the time I see him that I want to have surgery, so that should be plenty of breathing space to get things sorted out.

kelmarmug - we should keep in touch and see if our dates match up, that would be great! :)
Back to top Go down
kelmarmug
kelmarmug

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

Hi there, welcome. My hubby and I both booked for surgery with George.My hubby in June and myself in September. I found him lovely and very direct. The team are very supportive and informative. You should come to our south brissy catch ups. Who knows, we may be in hospital together.
Back to top Go down
Cathyy

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 1:44 pm

Hi Jo,
I saw Dr Hopkins in March and I had my surgery last week. I was on optifast for 3ish weeks before surgery, so it just depends on how long he wants you to be on the meal replacements for beforehand. I'm sure you won't have long wait at all!
Good luck and I hope it all goes well!
Cathy
Back to top Go down
RubyJay
Part of the furniture
RubyJay

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2013-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 11:38 am

Hi Libertyjo

I saw George in March and it was pretty much the same as Jamine says. I wanted a little more time to think about it and do some more research but could have been booked at around 5 weeks later, mid May. I made my decision and called to book and it is for 4/6 but as I'm applying for early release of supper the time frame was set by that to allow 6 weeks for the paperwork and approval. I'm yet to see the dietian but I suspect I'll be doing optifast for 2 weeks prior.

Good luck with everything and welcome to the club

cheers

RJ
Back to top Go down
Jasmine13
Jasmine13

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 10:57 am

Hi LibertyJo,
Welcome to the forum!! My surgeon is Dr Hopkins and I am due to have my sleeve done on May 13. I was pleasantly surprised that when I had my first appointment on 4th April he had me booked in for surgery pretty quickly.......5 and a half weeks!....couldn't believe it!
It was a quick appointment as you see the nurse first and she weighs you and gives you lots of info. Dr Hopkins seem like a lovely guy and so far the staff have all been very helpful....including Dietician! I am on opti slim now and the dietician is happy for you to choose between Opti fast, opti slim and kickstart. Finding it ok as I can have some protein and all the vegies I want.....provided they are on the 'allowed' list.
All the best with your journey!
Jasmine
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 9:44 am

Hi Jo
Welcome to the forum where there is lots of info and support. There are lots of George Hopkins sleevers on this forum so I am sure some of them will respond to you. There is a sleevers meet up organised for next weekend - details in the get together thread under Brisbane South. Everyone is supportive so please feel free to attend.
G
Back to top Go down
Kiley
Part of the furniture
Kiley

Female
Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 9:41 am

Hi Libertyjo, I am with Dr Greenslade though haven't actually met him yet. I have been waiting for PHI to kick in (aug 15th) and when I finally thought I was close enough and rang for consult couldn't get in to see him until end of May... Worried after all the waiting that I would then have a wait for surgery, happened to mention this to the office manager and she booked it over the phone for me for August 20th! Worth a phone call if you have a time frame in mind.
Back to top Go down
libertyjo

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 9:27 am

Hi All :)

I have been quietly reading for quite a while now and finally decided Gastric Sleeve was the right step for me. I am a single mum from Brisbane and I'm quite nervous about what is to come and how I will cope with it all. I have booked my first visit with Dr Hopkins and I meet him on the 23rd of May. With a one month wait to see him I am a little worried about how long I will have to wait before having the surgery as I was hoping to go ahead with surgery in September. If anyone else has used Dr Hopkins recently, what was the wait time between your first consultation with him and your surgery date??

Looking forward to a long journey ahead :)

Jo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane   Newbie from Brisbane Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Brisbane
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: