AuthorMessage
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-07-23

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyThu 25 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

Well where do I startNewbie from QLD 595690 I had lap-band done 4.5 yrs ago..lost 54 kgs in the first 7months..BUT..I was working out at the gym 4 days a week and walking 5-6 klm a day as well..I really only lived on mushed food in that time.. I was in a different head space too..very determined and as they call it the honey moon period..any way after about 9 month and going from a size 26 tight to a 14..l started to feel like this wasn't a good life style..living on mushy foods as nothing would go down..Ifelt deprived of good foods..you are so limited in food choices with the band..and It done my head in..so I started to resent my band..every meal I tried to get down hurt or would get stuck.. Even after chewing chewing..a plastic bag and the toilet become my constant companion..I stopped going out for lunch/dinner as I was so worried about puking or sitting there in pain..then I found foods like Ice cream,cheese,biscuits,choc,chips would slip down easy without the pain..without the fight..but salads most fruits would be a battle..So here I am..I've put back on 35 odd kilos from getting down to 82kgs.. back up to 117.8 current weight :( size 22..I mean I've tried fills unfills there was never a happy medium if it wasn't to tight it was not tight enough and I could eat like a horse and be hungry 24/7..so 4.5 yrs on I'm over it..I will never get my head around the limited food choices..the constant fight with the band..I want to go out and eat what everyone else is eating but in a lot smaller portions..I sooo over having soup if I do have to go out like Birthdays..There is a few people out there that I know who have had the band and done really well BUT they say to me that the limited food choices...the fact they have to live on really really soft..mushy foods doesn't worry them and thats great ..not this little duck..So I hope I have given you an understanding of why I want my band out..and get the sleeve so I can feel human again and not be the sad sack sitting at home while everyone else is out to dinner enjoying them selves..
Back to top Go down
Neat
Neat

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Lissyd   Newbie from QLD EmptyThu 25 Aug 2011, 12:36 pm

Thanks for the support lissyd, tell me why do you want the band out so much?? Are they really that bad?
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whYcUXL/]
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyThu 25 Aug 2011, 11:34 am

Good luck Neat..you will do very well..wow 2.1 kgs in 4 days u go girlNewbie from QLD 314562

Debbles49 thank you for your well wishes..My surgeon has said that having the band outs going to be the most painful out of the band in.. out.. and sleeve..Great lol and here I was thinking the sleeve was going to be the worst Newbie from QLD 595690 any way I'm so looking forward getting this band out I tell you..The first thing I want to have is a chicken salad roll..Haven't had one for 4.5 yrs can't wait..yum yum.

Maxiepup17 how's it looking regarding having your band out???
Back to top Go down
Neat
Neat

Female

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!   Newbie from QLD EmptyThu 25 Aug 2011, 8:17 am

Hi girls

Im on day 4 of optifast and lost 2.1kg (YES!!!!!) so Im on my way.

Thank you Maxiepup,Curly, Debbles,Lissyd, Jaime and Chris for replying to me, you all made me feel so good.

Just can't wait for the 5th September to come quick enough.

Talk soon

Neat
Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyTue 23 Aug 2011, 3:34 am

Hi Neat,

All of the best for your optifast stage! and goodluck with your surgery!!

Emma
Back to top Go down
Curly

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-17

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyTue 23 Aug 2011, 3:05 am

All the best with the optifast stage! Stay positive and just think how fabulous you are going to feel :)
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyTue 23 Aug 2011, 2:56 am

Hey Neat, good luck with your surgery and the opti stage! Come visit the September Sleevers in the sleevers monthly section.

Back to top Go down
debbles49
debbles49

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-07-22

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 9:50 pm

Oh thank you so much for your thoughts! On reading that it is a start to "a new life" I thought, Yes it is - takes awhile sometimes for me to get some things, but yes it is a new life and I am loving every step of it! I am following the instructions to a T and so far I am doing ok! I was a little miffed with the weight movement after the sleeve - but on saying that, I have never lost that much in one go anyway so at present I am on top of the moon and it really hasnt been hard! The hardest thing is getting in my water - not that I dont love water - cause that is nearly all I drink anyway - I just cant get more than 900ml in! But I am losing cm's and that has made a huge difference to my head space.....

LissyD, I wish you the very best of luck with removing the band and getting a date for the sleeve! Please keep us updated! I know what you mean about stalking - I seem to do that even now, just looking, reading and seeing what everyone else is up to - but knowing that I can offload if needed! Love it!!

Chris36 - October 12th will be around in no time! I remember when I got my date I thought it was going to be forever and I would not want to go through with it - but not once did that enter my mind while waiting - I just got more and more excited! Please keep us updated aong the way - this site can only help - and it seems someone somewhere has the same thoughts and worries as we do!

Eringirl - get that date! It is the best thing since sliced bread - and that is a big thing coming from me who thought I would never go down the path for an "easy fix" . As easy as this is now - I still have to concentrate on what I am doing with every single mouthful - but this site is a wonder and I am so happy with my choice I have made - the very best of luck to you - but please keep us up to date with your date! It happens so fast and then yep you are on for the ride of your life!

Thank you all again-please keep chatting - it is hard to find something like this outside of here - and everyone understands!

Regards
Back to top Go down
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 12:38 pm

Hi Neat,Debbles49,Erin girl &Chris36..How good is this site?? I spend so many hours on here stalking that my bum has got so big lol..I can't keep away..Debbles49 I am also going through Dr Layani..he done my lap-band 4 yrs ago and Tomorrow I'm travelling down fro m Toowoomba to see him so I can organise to have the band out(thank god) and have the sleeve done..I can't wait..I wish you all success in your journeys with the sleeve..and am looking forward to watching all your progress xx
Back to top Go down
Chris36
Chris36

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 12:11 pm

Hi Neat and Debbles,

I'm new on here too, so I just thought I would say Hi to you both.

I'm being sleeved on 12th October, so just can't wait for my new life to start!

This support group is fantastic! I had been "stalking" the site for a little while before I joined up on the weekend, and I agree there is so much information to read, and also hearing from everyone else is truely invaluable.

Good luck to you both on your journeys, and I hope to hear how your both doing in the weeks, months ahead.

Christina.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 12:09 pm

hi there Neat, welcome to you from the top end, hope everything goes fine and all is successful in your path.

gday Debbles, welcome also to you. waving from further north. good job on what youve achieved thus far. im pretty new as well. just getting my sleeve op date so im one step closer. great to hear you are doing so well so soon after the op.

blessings to both of you

Erin
Back to top Go down
debbles49
debbles49

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-07-22

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 11:32 am

Hello Neat,

I also am new to this forum - so welcome to you and Happy Birthday to you for yesterday. I had my sleeve on July 25th 2011 - 4 weeks today! And feel great! I am from Brisbane as well but had my sleeve done down the Gold Coast at John Flynn Hospital with Dr Layani. I have no pain and am not nauseous or sick but cant get enough water down my throat. I feel full most of the time and am on soft foods now for 1-2 weeks which is nice as I can have colour on my plate instead of puree stews which are just brown! I am not eating more than 1/4 cup of anything but dont feel bad for it. I have lost 15kg since I started the Opti shakes but lost 6kg of that since the sleeve op - so it isnt fast for me but I am losing cm and that is what counts for me!

I am enjoying this site as you get answers and different ideas from lots of different people around the place which is great and you dont feel alone. And yes - here is to the new you! To all of us!!! I cant wait to see what lies ahead!

Regards

Debbles
Back to top Go down
Neat
Neat

Female

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 11:20 am

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would introduce myself. Im Neat and yesterday I turned 48 and today is the beginning of my new life.It is my first day on optifast. I'm being sleeved on the 5th September in Brisbane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie from QLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD   Newbie from QLD Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from QLD
Page 1 of 1