5 posters
AuthorMessage
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

eating after sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 7:48 am

Hi Lyn!

RE: the emotional eating. I have to say that as one big emotional eater, I have completely lost the desire to eat post sleeve. The hunger in the head is gone and I have to remember to eat. I feel like the sleeve changes a lot more than the stomach size. My entire attitude to food changed and I really have to focus on meal times to make sure I remember to eat as I honestly can't be bothered. Your portion sizes are so small because you feel absolutely stuffed after less than half a cup and the one occasion I was a little emotional and thought about chocolate I instinctively went outside and pulled weeds and realised I didn't really want chocolate in my mouth. I hate weeding and I have no idea why I ended up doing that particular activity, but the point is you start making different choices because the hormonal and physical aspect of eating is completely altered.

I'm three weeks post sleeve and I can honestly already say that it has changed my life in more ways than I thought possible. Good luck with your research and appointments! Ask away on here, we are all at different stages and have a plethora of perspectives to digest.

Kell
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

Thanks

Yes that was me. But I agree I need to and then make my decision.

Lyn
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

Many obese people gain their weight through emotional eating. Many of these have been sleeved with tremendous success. In the early days, it is VERY difficult to overeat. It is a very good time to get your head around these emotional issues.

Perhaps a counsellor would be really beneficial for you, Lynpat? Please discuss this with your surgeon - they sometimes have a particular psychologist they recommend.

I think I read elsewhere that you might cancel your surgeon's appointment due to fear: don't cancel. Just go. Ask all of these questions. Even if you don't go ahead with the sleeve, what have you got to lose?

I really wish you well with making your decision.

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:54 am

Sorry another question.

What about emotional eating is that still a matter of self control etc
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

Thanks Middlewoman

The no hunger sounds good. I am trying as an experiment at the moment to just eat 250mls etc all I am feeling is that horrible hollow empty feeling.
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:27 am

I agree with everyone else, and as Chris said, check out the Post-Op threads for ideas. I just wanted to add: you will not be eating a full cup for quite some time, but hopefully you will have a dietitian to guide you through every stage.

Basic rules are: protein first, small amounts, no drinking with food (the general rule is to drink either 10 mins before or 30 mins after food). Do not be fearful of the restricted eating. It is not like being 'on a diet' where you limit intake but still feel hungry. The sleeve will stop you feeling hungry.

Best wishes,

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 2:04 am

Thanks all

Just trying to suss things out before I go to the surgeon next week.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 11:24 pm

Take a look at the post-op threads - there is so much information there and it will give you a good picture of what to expect.
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

Hi LynPat very small amounts of food keep you full for a long time....I have to remember to eat as I don't feel hungry! I had my surgery eight weeks ago and try and eat three meals a day and usually a snack as I don't eat much when I eat. You can't drink and eat at the same time and need to leave it about half an hour between drinking and eating.

Hope this helps

Sunnie x
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female

PostSubject: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 1:40 pm

Hi

An still doing research prior to my appointment next week. What is the story with eating after. I know that you can have about a cup. but how long does thus keep you full for and how regular do you have meals etc. Can you snack (on healthy stuff of course). Are there any specific rules etc. Also, can you drink with meals . I can't seem to find much info

Any help would be great.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eating after sleeve   eating after sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

eating after sleeve
Page 1 of 1