AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

So sorry Rozzie :( I will keep my fingers crossed that you get your loan! They are so nit picky ... I didn't have any hiccups but they did call when they were assessing my application and asked about the $6000 savings, which belongs to my Dad and then had the balls to ask me if he'd loan it to me :/ such a fight for your own money eh!
Back to top Go down
RozzieT
RozzieT

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-05-10

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 9:48 pm

yeah they mentioned that, but I rang the surgeon and he said that he wouldn't be prepared to write such a letter. I'm almost tempted to start a class action against APRA on behalf of all those who have been undue stress because of their rigid decision processes. i'm tired of hearing about their "rules" - I also work for a government department and in any decision making process there are "grey" areas - nothing is ever simply black and white and there are exceptions to every rule.

What's the phone number for A Current Affair????? LOL
Back to top Go down
Shazbotzski
Part of the furniture
Shazbotzski

Female
Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-20

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 1:24 pm

Sorry to hear that Rozzie. APRA give me the run around too, but do perservere with it. I had to give re submit 3 times, and in the end I got my Doctor to write a letter that said my surgery was booked and if I didn't get it on that date it could be a threat to my life. This means you can be assessed as urgent, within 48 hours.
Back to top Go down
RozzieT
RozzieT

Female

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

well, APRA are definitely not in my good books!
they called today looking for more information, as my "residual income" indicates that I could afford to pay for the operation without my super.
WTF!?
I don't know what drugs they are on ... hubby and I have a mortgage and the usual expenses, and we basically live from one payday to the next.
stupid imbeciles!
i now have to do a stat dec to explain why i don't have the residual income that they came up with, email it to them, and then wait ANOTHER 20 DAYS!

let's just say a few choice words were said! their timing couldn't have been worse, i was in sydney at the time, having just completed my hospital admission forms and an appointment with the surgeon, and everything is all ready for me to have my surgery on the 27th.

fingers crossed the medical loan comes through for me tomorrow, or I will have no option but to postpone the op to a later date when APRA finally get their act together!
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 11:06 pm

oh no rozzie :( mine was received on the 17th of June and i got my response yesterday so definatly hound them!! i rang weekly to follow it up as i kept on getting different answers on which date the decision would be reviewed. Their friggen hold music has just about driven me to tears itself!!
Back to top Go down
RozzieT
RozzieT

Female

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 1:24 pm

I'll have a chat with them tomorrow.
I made a quick call to them today, and they will take a $250 deposit if I go through the finance option. Might be the way to go, and then just pay off the loan with my super when (if!) it comes through.
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture
Lozza (takitaki)

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 12:42 pm

Hi Rozzie....have you asked your surgeon if you could pay a deposit until your apra gets approved or if refused you get your loan. One of our locals was able to pay hers off until apra came good.
Back to top Go down
RozzieT
RozzieT

Female

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

my application was sent on 14th June, received the same day and still hasn't been processed. I have been on the phone with APRA every day this week, and every day I have been receiving the same story "It will definitely be processed by tomorrow, give us a call tomorrow morning."

Well after the third day in a row chasing it up (my pre-op appointment is tomorrow, surgery is on 27th and payment needs to be recieved 2 weeks before surgery.... which is TOMORROW!) I broke down on the phone, which caused the poor guy to get a supervisor, and now I have been told that I will DEFINITELY have an answer by tomorrow afternoon.

They better come through because I don't want to put the surgery off at all! I've psyched myself up so much for my "mini-me day" that I would be absolutely devastated to have to delay it!

As a back up I have applied for a medical loan - guy on the phone was lovely and when I told him about APRA he said "I totally understand." He has promised to have an answer for me by Friday, when their normal turn-around is 7 days!

fingers crossed that SOMETHING gets approved by the end of this week!
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyTue 12 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

larns5 did you hear back today? im hoping to get a YES on friday..
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 12:33 pm

think they have muddled up the date i need to call back cos your application was received before mine but the date to find out is after what i was told. Def going to call them back tomorrow to find out the correct date me thinks!!
Back to top Go down
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 12:11 pm

hi Alana,

i will join the waiting game with you lol. I emailed my application and letters on Monday, rang them Tuesday and I have to ring them back on the 6th july to get a reference number. If I have done it correctly I should have an answer 21 working days from the date I sent the application in.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:33 am

It's a great feeling isn't it Alana :) I am thinking like you too, by Christmas I should hopefully be well on my way to halfway to my goal I hope! lol. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly with APRA for you and you too butterfly!

Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 9:33 am

Hi Butterfly and Lostgurl,

They recived mine on the 14th June and i am to hear back on the 12th of July... I booked my surgery for the start of August.. fingers crossed it all goes to plan!
Im so darn excited, I dont have much support from my immeadiate family (siblings, parents etc.) however my husband and friends have been AmAzInG, thank goodness.. I guess it will feel ''real'' once I start the opti-fast :0)
My sister got a lapband friday 2 weeks ago and has already lost 10kgs.. Its crazy to think that by Christmas i will potentially be 35-ish kilos lighter!! :D

Larns
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 7:07 am

im waiting too! mine was received on the 17th of June by APRA and today was told to call back on the 9th of July re decision... Dont know if im excited or nervous about that date now hehe!!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptySun 19 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

Hey Alana :)

I sent mine in on the 24th or 26th of May ... can't remember lol. I called them after a couple of weeks, as I hadn't heard anything and they said I can call back on June 21st to see if it's been approved.

APRA says you will hear something anywhere from 10 - 30 days, but each case is different and they may request more info from you etc, which will drag out your case longer.

Best of luck for a speedy APPROVAL! :)
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: My waiting game!   My waiting game! EmptySun 19 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

Hi Guys!
Im Alana, in Qld..
A couple of months ago I decided enough was enough and booked into see a surgeon about a Lapband.. after a conversation with the receptionist who suggested i look into the gastric sleeve and having my appointment with Dr Andrew Russell, my husband and I decided on the sleeve!
So teh waiting game has begun! I sent the APRA paperwork in on teh 7th June and now playing teh waiting game!! :0)

Does anyone know how long I will be waiting for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My waiting game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My waiting game!   My waiting game! Empty

Back to top Go down

My waiting game!
Page 1 of 1