Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.   sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 9:08 am

Tash is right! Dr Taylors non PHI rate is inclusive of assistants, anaesethetist, prosthetics etc. The only other thing you woud need to pay is 10 days in a hotel - he doesnt let you leave town til day 14 if you come from interstate.

I was covered by PHI and paid for the "package" with him. Happy to do so - was getting ready to pay more with another surgeon, researched, chose Dr Taylor as he is very experienced. Surprised to find his package rates included anaethetist etc. Highly recommend him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.   sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 8:24 am

Hi Karenna
Different Drs can be quite different in pricing.
I paid $9000. with no PHI. Whereas if I opted for a private hospital it would have been close to $20,000 all up.
I opted to go to a public hospital as my surgeon does both public and private hospitals.
The cost for 3 days in Concord Public Hospital was only $906 I found it a very good hospital and the nurses were great.
This suited me as I was able to manage this amount. Also if I required extra treatment unless the problem was caused by the surgeon I signed a form to be treated thereafter as a public patient funded by Medicare.
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.   sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 7:37 am

My best advice is to take out PHI and wait out the 12 months, you will be surprised how quick the time goes.

I made my choice that the op was the answer for me so i took PHI out, at 10 months out i had my first appts with Dr France and Dr Nancarrow, got my surgery date at that first appt with Michael, so i can plan the new journey.
Now it is only 4 months and two weeks away, time goes by quick every week i mark another week off my personal count down.

If you do decide to stay with the self funding route however i'm guessing most surgeons want upfront payment.

Good luck with which ever way you go

smiles
amanda
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.   sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 5:01 am

Mine was all up front payments! Breakdown roughly was: -

$6,500 - To the Doctor
$900 - To his assistant
$1,100 - To the anesthetist
$10,500 - For accommodation at a Private Hospital (this wasn't optional as the Dr only performs this at the private hospital)!

I accessed the funds from my and my fiance's superannuation fund to pay for the cost!!!
Back to top Go down
Karenna

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.   sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 1:46 am

oh wow! yikes! is that upfront? or do they offer payment plan? it's really worthit though, life changing op. thanks heaps :) x
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.   sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 1:41 am

I wasn't with a PHF so it cost me roughly $18,000.00 and in NSW. But all Dr's are different!!!
Back to top Go down
Karenna

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.   sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 1:21 am

hello guys. I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section but I was just wondering whether anyone could tell me how much $ the sleeve will cost me, through Dr. Leong? o don't currently have private health care. so could anyone give me a rough estimate? I've been ok public waiting list for a while now & am just getting really down on myself. I can't seem to keep my weight at a certain level, Dr says it's in my genes.

so I'd really like to get it done very soon, am willing to pay $ but again, will I be paying more cos I don't have private health care? thanks heaps guys, all your stories have been great to read :)

xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.   sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong. Empty

Back to top Go down

sleeve pricing on private waiting list - Adelaide; Dr. Leong.
Page 1 of 1