AuthorMessage
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Going on the Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 12:22 am

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and would like to know if this is possible;

Can we sign up for surgery/go on the waiting list PRIOR to the 12 month waiting period being up? So if my PHI won't cover me until September, and the waiting list is 6 months, I can go on the list and be ready for surgery in September?

I hope this makes sense.......I am getting really impatient waiting :(

Thank you

Leah
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 12:43 am

I would imagine this is possible. You would need to choose your surgeon and then book in with them. I can't imagine anyone would have an issue if you have all your pre-op appointments prior to being eligible, but you might want to discuss with your health fund to make sure.

September isn't that far away of course!!!
Back to top Go down
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 2:05 am

Caz wrote:
I would imagine this is possible. You would need to choose your surgeon and then book in with them. I can't imagine anyone would have an issue if you have all your pre-op appointments prior to being eligible, but you might want to discuss with your health fund to make sure.

September isn't that far away of course!!!

I am hoping you are right :)

And I know September isn't far away, but I don't fancy waiting until September and then having to wait another 6 months for surgery. I want to get it done ASAP as I am studying full time at Uni, and would also like another baby in the next 4 years; 2 years after surgery pregnancy is a no-no.

Thanks again, I will maybe start making some phone calls and find out.
Back to top Go down
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 2:06 am

And, congrats on your weight loss :)
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 4:13 am

If your PHI insurance starts in September, then yes, I would be starting to make appointments with your surgeon now. It may take a couple of weeks or months to get that initial apt with your surgeon as well, and it would most likely be after that initial apt that you can book a date for your surgery, so best to start the ball rolling :) Greater chance of getting the exact date for surgery that you want to!

I have my initial appointment with my surgeon in March, and it will be at this apt that I can book a surgery date, for as soon after my PHI starts in October, cant wait!

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 4:21 am

Thanks, Kazz. I have just booked an app with my GP for a referral for early next week. Another reason I want to get in and get it started now is because I am 600km from the nearest bariatric surgeon, so it's not like I can just pop into their clinic for a consult :(

Thanks again for your help :)
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 4:40 am

It must be hard being so far away, must take alot of planning to get into the city for appointments.
Have you decided which surgeon you want to do your sleeve?
Back to top Go down
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 11:07 pm

Kazz wrote:
It must be hard being so far away, must take alot of planning to get into the city for appointments.
Have you decided which surgeon you want to do your sleeve?

Well I am studying Midwifery this year ant UniSA, so will try and arrange my appointments around my trips to the city for Uni workshops......a friend of mine had Dr Michael France as her surgeon, and was so happy with him, so I think I will go through him :)

Which surgeon will you be going through? It's getting exciting now I have taken the first step :) How silly, it's just a doctor's appointment, but I have wanted this for so long, but thought it was financially out of reach! I wish I had looked into it sooner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going on the Waiting List   Going on the Waiting List Empty

Back to top Go down

Going on the Waiting List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Private Health Insurance-
Jump to: