AuthorMessage
BrendaBee
BrendaBee

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:53 pm

Tempest, that is exactly how I feel. I have no more guilt about food and just eat to enjoy, find I chose the things I really like and that are good for me over other stuff. I enjoy food so much more than I ever have. And the portion size - you just get used to how much you eat, altho there are moments where I think I would love to have some more, but you get over that!!

Back to top Go down
Penny

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-16

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 11:16 am

Awesome info.....Thanks All!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 6:26 am

Hi Penny,

For the first time in my life I don't get down about food, strange isn't it.
I just feel like a normal person and when I go out for dinner as long as it is done over time I actually fit in probably 2/3 what the others do.
It isn't about the quantity though, it is more about the taste and the control that I have now.

Every day is different though, some days I can eat more than others. Best part is that I eat now without guilt and so I love what I am eating and enjoy it more. I know sounds weird doesn't it LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 5:48 am

Hi Penny and welcome,

Good luck with your decision. I had my sleeve op in Feb this year and truly believe it's the best thing I've ever done.

Have a good read around the site, there is a lot of great information here to help you and by using the "Search" tab at the top of the page you should be able to find answers to most of your questions. Here are some links to get you started: If you look in the "What did you eat..." thread you will be able to get an idea of the quantities people can eat. The Diaries are a great read, along with Pre-op & Post-op sections which should be helpful too. And in the Band to Sleeve section you will find other members who have also had bands.

Please also have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works and if you want to put a ticker in your signature, the instructions are there.

If you still have questions, ask away, there are lots of lovely people here who will do their best to help.

Cheers – Carrie

Back to top Go down
Penny

Female

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 4:41 am

Thanks so much for all of your kind words and information everyone!
Ozzieloz, wishing you the best of luck with your surgery and i am sure I will hear from you throughout your new journey.
Fatnomore, will give the surgery a call
Temepest, fantastic job on your weight loss, well done! Can you also please tell me how much your sleeve allows you to eat and do you get down about the quantity, or is it just like feeling like a normal person but you get fuller quicker?

cheers

Pen
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 10:10 pm

Hi Penny,

Can't help on the doctor front but I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoy my life now.
Have not felt ill once since the surgery and have lost 50 kilos.
Life is good and I love my sleeve, best decision I have ever made.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 11:15 am

Penny,

I love my sleeve...wishing I had it earlier...hubby is going to get it done in January so that should say it all. With PHI out of pocket with nottle is $3700 or thereabouts. I self paid and it was about $14k before the medicare rebates and tax rebates..I think we were about $9k out of pocket overall...

give his number a call and ask..you have nothing to lose...lol exc weight...hehe..geez Im funny!
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 7:48 am

Hi Penny
Well done on your weight loss with the band - I did not have that success with my band that's for sure.
I had my band in 2000, then had it removed July 2010 - and am being sleeved tomorrow!
I only lost at best 15kgs with the band, and then had to deal with many unfills, refills, reflux, ulcerated oesophagus, etc. for many years.
Now I have paid to have the band removed by the surgeon who put it there - cost me $1700 out of pocket including the anaesthetist.
To have the sleeve, (and I am privately insured), it will cost me $6250 out of pocket for surgeon and an assistant and the anaesthetist, plus $200 for the hospital excess.
So, it has been a costly exercise - and I now weigh 116kg (was 114 when I had the band in 2000), with 40kg to lose the sleeve is definitely looking better than the band for that success.
I know the reflux and vomiting is so painful to live with, and that is what I am hoping to escape as I learn to live with the sleeve, with so much more information available prior to the surgery thanks to this site.
I wish you well in your quest for weight loss surgery. It is worth paying for a visit to discuss your situation frankly with a reputable surgeon about your options.
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
Penny

Female

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 7:33 am

Hi fatnomore,

Thankyou for the information! Do you know how much it costs if you pay out of pocket, how much it is with health cover, which health covers will cover it and how long I have to wait before I can claim?
Do you regret having the sleeving at all? Is it just like eating normal but getting fuller faster?

cheers

Penny
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 12:04 pm

Hey Penny,

Congrats on your weight loss but bugger on your issues. I had nottle for my sleeve (no band before it though) Im pretty sure his public list is shut and I dont think he does the sleeve thru medicare anyway. To pay for it you pretty much get in with a 6wk minimum weight but Im not sure if he will sleeve with only that to lose you would need to ring him and ask before you make a $130 appt to see him...all the best
Back to top Go down
Penny

Female

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Waiting List   Waiting List EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 10:29 am

Hi All,
I have now been banded for 2 yrs and have lost 43kg's which i never thought i would achieve.I have 10kgs to go and feel fantastic. Mind you, like many others that have had the banding i to am having problems with the reflux, vomiting, pain when eating, etc. I have been considering this sleeving as I have realised that even though the banding has helped my weight loss I can't go on like this forever. I am not so bothered about the smaller quantities, cause once you are full you are full, however, I would like to enjoy a meal and not have to bring it back up again. I will be honest and say I am worried that unlike the banding I will regret the sleeving as once it is done that's it.Physically I feel amazing, but emotionally I am a mess at times. I am considering going to Dr Nottle as he is the closest in my area. I had my banding with Mr Winnett (who is fantastic) but he doesn't do sleeving. Does anyone know: 1 if he will do it for me as I have only 10kg left to lose,2 if it is covered by Medicare and 3 how long the waiting list is?

cheers

Penny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waiting List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting List   Waiting List Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: