Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvia41
Sylvia41

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-03-04

Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? Empty
PostSubject: Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?   Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 1:45 am

Bellshell wrote:
Thank you for your comments. I am still going a head with the surgery as I know 2 people personally that have had it done and said there only regret was not getting it done sooner.

No one could talk me out of it. It is just hard when it is my own mother who does not offer me her support.
Even though she knows I have done the research. If she did some research she would fine the smallest negative thing then harp on that. He comment the other day is only the begining.

I was just trying to set my mind at rest knowing that Gutless Wonder was done 4 years ago for this surgery that is quite a while ago.

Max - your photos are amazing.

Hey Bell

dont you worry Iam having my done on 17- 6-11 My mother does not know about this as I know she has an opinion as a doctor about this well I just chose not to tell her
the only people that knows is my sis my hubby and my 11 year old
I am going through with this no stoping me now
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?   Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? EmptySun 27 Feb 2011, 6:00 am

Thank you for your comments. I am still going a head with the surgery as I know 2 people personally that have had it done and said there only regret was not getting it done sooner.

No one could talk me out of it. It is just hard when it is my own mother who does not offer me her support.
Even though she knows I have done the research. If she did some research she would fine the smallest negative thing then harp on that. He comment the other day is only the begining.

I was just trying to set my mind at rest knowing that Gutless Wonder was done 4 years ago for this surgery that is quite a while ago.

Max - your photos are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?   Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 9:03 am

I am only 15 months out, been at goal and maintained my weight for 6 months.
I LOVE my sleeve, best decision I have ever made.
I have had no problems at all and am now fit, healthy and loving life.

Good luck with your journey.

Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? 217555 Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? 217555
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?   Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 9:00 am

I'm almost 2 years and I lost all my weight in the first 12 motnhs and have now maintained since at a size 8.

Love me sleeve best thing I ever did for myself.
No matter what you do someone will always give their uninformed and incorrect opinion.
I agree with Sophia - Stay Strong and do what is right for you.

I have just updated mt photos take a look at my dramatic before and after.

Good Luck to you

Max
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?   Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 8:52 am

Bellshell wrote:
It is now another year since this tread was started is the sleeve still as wonderful. I am booked in July this year to have mine done. I have a particular family member that has not been supportive. And just yesterday commented on how it is not a long-term solution. I believe it I just need a little reassurance.

Sometimes people literally dont know what they are talking about. Has this person researched this operation and the outcomes? How good is their knowledge? I think that the Lap Band is so common, people often mistake the sleeve for the band - heck, both ARE weight loss surgery! - and regurgitate info not related to this operation.

It is true that there aren't a lot of long term researched results on the sleeve(as it is currently performed now) - very different from not a long term solution.

I've had my sleeve for over 2 years. I have lost over 30 kgs. Now admittedly I have gained back 3 kilos, but have stayed stable since... and a 10% weight gain is not unusual.

Never in my yo yo dieting life have I lost weight and kept it off like this. I have drastically reduced my risk of developing Diabetes, and I can move my body like I could 10 years ago. I am so grateful for this op being available.Sometimes I wake up and dream I am fat, then I go "thank goodness" and put on my size 14 pants. Size 22 pants were thrown out long ago.

Stay strong!
Sophia
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?   Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 7:37 am

It is now another year since this tread was started is the sleeve still as wonderful. I am booked in July this year to have mine done. I have a particular family member that has not been supportive. And just yesterday commented on how it is not a long-term solution. I believe it is. I just need a little reassurance.

Last edited by Bellshell on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?   Do you still love your sleeve after a few years? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you still love your sleeve after a few years?
Page 1 of 1