Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleevy_Deezy

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2015-05-27

21 years old and getting sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: 21 years old and getting sleeve   21 years old and getting sleeve EmptyThu 07 Apr 2016, 12:12 am

I'm 24 so I'm worried about this also, I was a smoker for about 4 years and I know that smoking reduces collagen so now I'm taking collagen supplements everyday praying that it'll boost my collagen
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 21 years old and getting sleeve   21 years old and getting sleeve EmptyTue 05 Apr 2016, 11:57 pm

I think it comes down to luck - how much collagen you have in your skin and how much weight you have to lose.  It reduces with age - so in that respect, at 21, you are far far more likely to have plenty of it, and thus have less excess skin post weight loss.

At 25 or so, I lost about 40 kilo, and had absolutely no excess skin.   At 45, I've lost 70 kilos, and have enough that I don't like it, but not enough to do anything about it - its mostly hidden by long shorts and a shirt.

I don't think there is a damn thing you can do about it, really - you either get it or you don't.  I do think that exercise and muscle tone helps drape things nicely, but it doesn't affect the skin itself....it's certainly helped shape things in my case, but it doesn't relieve the problem, and there is absolutely NO evidence that diet or lotions and potions help.  

There are plenty of surgical options if it is a problem later - but at your age, you are in with a far better chance of minimal problems than us oldies!
Back to top Go down
chull94

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-04-05

PostSubject: 21 years old and getting sleeve   21 years old and getting sleeve EmptyTue 05 Apr 2016, 2:12 am

Hey,
So im 21 and am getting sleeve in june and I'm scared of excess skin. I know it will happen but given that I'm 6ft tall and have danced my whole life I'm praying that i dont have excess skin, or should i say excess amounts of it. Im not fussed if its a little bit. So my question is young ladies, did you have excess skin? how much of it? did you struggle with body image?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 21 years old and getting sleeve   21 years old and getting sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

21 years old and getting sleeve
Page 1 of 1