Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!

Go down 
+4
spoggy
gottarhyme
smileykylie
curvyredhed
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Moto Moto
Moto Moto

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyFri 29 Apr 2011, 4:02 am

Good luck curvy and sunnie! Hope everything goes great for you :)

I think we all like food... perhaps a little TOO much! My problem is that I eat for the sensation of fullness, not so much the taste :) Weird.

Anyway, let us know how you go :)
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 5:11 am

Good luck girls, I am sure everything will go well. I have not regrets at all haveing a sleeve.
Back to top Go down
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 4:47 pm

Can't wait :)
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 9:16 am

Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! 878453 Oh wow the same day hey!!!! How exciting for both of us...bring on May : ) It will be great to have someone to compare notes with : )
Back to top Go down
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 9:12 am

OMG Sunnie I have the 10th too!! I saw you on chat, we'll have to have a wee chat since we might even meet!
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 9:02 am

My date is May the 10th are you going to SJOG or Hollywood? I can relate to the question of tellling friends I'm finding this really hard and so for now have decided to just keep it between myself and my hubby and see how things go after my op.
Back to top Go down
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female

PostSubject: May Date!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 8:52 am

Hi Sunnie! How exciting! We'll have to keep in touch and see how close we are together!

My next issue is:

TELLING FRIENDS!! I found myself today just wanting to blurt it out to a friend but very wary about the fact that I'm really excited coz I've been digesting the idea for some time, it's probably a shock to them.....

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 4:24 am

Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! 355206 Congrats on your date I'm also having my sleeve done by Jon in May : ))
Back to top Go down
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female

PostSubject: scared and excited   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 9:13 am

I've been thinking of Jon Armstrong and Stephen Watson, but have it pretty much worked out with Jon Armstrong! Start of May!

And now the 'omg omg' starts in lol
Back to top Go down
Queenie
Queenie

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 5:27 am

curvyredhed wrote:
I actually think I have a date booked in!! OMG!!

OMG when? Who with?
Back to top Go down
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female

PostSubject: scared and excited   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 5:23 am

I actually think I have a date booked in!! OMG!!
Back to top Go down
Queenie
Queenie

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 4:34 am

Hey!!!!!!!!
Nice to see you around here Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! 716201 bit stalkerish lol

You will love it here everyone is so great!

See ya soon xo
Back to top Go down
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female

PostSubject: OMG That much food!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptySun 03 Apr 2011, 12:15 pm

OMG Janette! Thanks so much for that reply, that's a really really reassuring picture of my future.

It sounds like the kind of diet I've tried in the past but never stuck to!!

Have you had any struggles with maintaining your weight?
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptySun 03 Apr 2011, 11:55 am

I was at goal 8 months after my surgery and have been maintaining for 8 months.

My life is very normal now, I eat 6 times a day, 3 meals and 3 snacks, all protein based.
I eat every 3-4 hours, as I don't experience hunger anymore so eat by the clock.

Sample of a days menu so you can get an idea of what you eat when sleeved.........

B: 2 weetbix with 1 cup skim milk
MT: Forme Yoghurt, 1 slice rockmelon
L: Slice grain bread, toasted and topped with sliced avocado, 1 slice lite cheese, 50 gms shaved ham and some relish
AT: 2 x 9 grain vitaweats, 1 slice lite cheese
D: 125 gms tasmanian salmon with lite tarte sauce, with small piece of potato, pumpkin and a few peas
S: 1/3 cup mixed nuts, seeds and sultanas
Plus another cup skim milk in cups of tea

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female

PostSubject: a better undertanding   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptySun 03 Apr 2011, 11:43 am

Well thanks so much for your responses! I'm getting the idea that I'll still be able to love my food, just not as much of it lol!!

So the other big concern I have is what about the rest of my life?? If it takes 1-2 years to lose the weight or a large part of it, what will the rest of my life be like as in eating like a sparrow?? I absolutely think the pay off is going to be worth it, but will it be depressing?? Or will that just be my new life and that's how I'll eat and have no worries with it??

Crystal Ball anyone??!! :) Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! 697586
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptySun 03 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Who doesn't like food?
OMG love it!

But now I eat quality over quantity.

Sleeved nearly 16 months ago, love it, love my life now and am happy and healthy,

Good luck with your journey.

Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! 217555 Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! 217555
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptySun 03 Apr 2011, 11:04 am

Hi and welcome, it is normal to feel scared and excited at the same time. Some people do mourn food but that only lasts for a short while. You grow a new respect for food and enjoy whatyou eat becasue it a small amount tht fills you. I did not mind because the weight falls off without much effort, especially in the beginning.
You will be ok and we are here to support you and answer any questions you have. If we can't we say ask your doctor.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptySun 03 Apr 2011, 7:49 am

Well, my surgeon put me on clear fluid (soup, tea, water, juice, iceblocks etc) for the first week after surgery. I didn't feel like much else anyway. By the end of that week, I was SO looking forward to the 'puree' stage, thicker soups, salmon mousse, icecream, yoghurts, custards, and pureed casseroles etc. This stage lasts for FOUR weeks. I have been on it for two weeks now. I am dying for something to chew! I have tried Indian food, and I chew the butter chicken until it is OK for me to eat.

So far, so good. In a couple of weeks, I can eat 'soft' foods. Mashed potato, casserole, etc.

A few more weeks of that. Then I am on to a 'normal' diet. I intend to eat fillet steak, lobster, baked dinner, etc. BUT my tummy will be full after a very small amount. I do not feel I will be missing out. I just wont be making a pig of myself like I did pre sleeve!

I am losing weight, I am feeling good. The only thing that will change is that I will eat an 'elegant sufficiency' rather than binging on food and regretting it later.

Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! 65317 Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! 63412
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptySun 03 Apr 2011, 7:13 am

Why would you miss food??? You are still going to be able to have all your favourite foods, just in a very small portion compared to pre sleeve.
Back to top Go down
curvyredhed
curvyredhed

Female

PostSubject: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! EmptySun 03 Apr 2011, 3:50 am

Hi Guys! I find myself wanting to talk to everyone about this but really need somone/anyone who understands my excitement!! I am on the road to having it done - 99.9% - and just can't wait for the results. I know it will be hard and there's still work involved and there's risks etc but I'm choosing to just look ahead to the results and I just can't wait :)

One thing that I am the most worried about is that at this point, I do love my food :( I'm a bit sad as I kind of miss it already!! Can you tell me, do you miss it??

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to having a community here who will get me :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!   Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't believe I'm so ready and so scared at the same time!!
Page 1 of 1