Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ready2BHealthy
Ready2BHealthy

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!!   Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 5:28 am

Thank you all!!! I appreciate your advise and comments. I will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!!   Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 8:54 pm

I think its natural to be scared - I was but really the surgery for me was a dream.

As for the part of your tummy that is being disgarded I am with Chrisby who cares what happens with the it
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!!   Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 6:22 pm

Hi, and welcome
I agree with what apple has told you about leaks - and honestly, why worry about the bit that's discarded? They'll check it for nasties as a matter of course, i believe, and since you don't need it any more, what does it matter how it's disposed of? I guess that if it really bothers you, you could ask them for it back in a bottle!
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!!   Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 4:52 am

a leak is something that is there at the time of surgery, It shows in over 99% of cases in a matter of hours or days. In a tiny tiny few it can take a week or two to show up because it is so small. Once you have passed say 3 weeks with no problems then that is it you will be fine. Choose your surgeon with care there are ones out there having done in excess of 500 sleeves with no leaks at all. the only other problem I have ever heard of happening is the sleeve being a bit tight and not settling and that is just a day procedure where they dilate it. No surgery as such they just pop a tube down your throat while asleep and stretch the new tummy a tad. Again this is very rare and I am told totally painless. Just the odd person tends to scar up rather fast and needs that. Again tho that will show up in the first few weeks. The first few months you will have a life that is extremely restricted in what you can eat but it settles down and you life just becomes normal just small portions of food. If you are worried about the pain from the surgery honestly do not. the meds they give you work like a dream I was not in pain at all and I think I am pretty much a big sook
applesauce]
Back to top Go down
Ready2BHealthy
Ready2BHealthy

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!!   Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 4:19 am

Hello Everyone!
I am new to the site. I am scheduled to have my sleeve done on Jan. 19, 2010! I am excited but scared, scared, scared too!!! I am scared of the stomach being disgarded and the possible leaks. My question: Does your stomach eventually mend together and the staples really are not needed OR will I always have the potential of leaks?????????
Any advice anyone has for me I would appreciate it.
I am sooooo excited, but sooooo scared!!
Eugenia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!!   Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Scared, Scared, Scared, and Excited too!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: