chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Nicole from SW Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney EmptyThu 30 Oct 2008, 12:06 am

Yes, please come to the Hornsby meet - the more the merrier!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Blossom

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney EmptyWed 29 Oct 2008, 11:24 pm

Hi Nicole

I am due to be sleeved 2 days after you. How are you feeling? I am excited but also very nervous...

Cheers
B
Back to top Go down
luandlil

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney EmptyWed 29 Oct 2008, 10:45 am

thanks for the warm welcome...might look into that Hornsby meet up, get a feel for what I'm in for.
Almost got my paperwork ready to send off to APRA - I already called them and made sure I had everything in order. The woman I spoke to didn't seem to think it would be a problem to get the money from my super, providing I have all of the documents they request it should be fine.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone in here and follow their journeys.
Back to top Go down
Spockles

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney EmptyWed 29 Oct 2008, 8:55 am

Hi Nicole
I am on the same journey as you. Have not got surgery date yet as my appointment with the surgeon is on 14th November.
I am meeting up with Chris at Hornsby on 8th November to 'pick her brain'! and she is one of of the succuess stories. You should read her journey it is amazing.
It would be great to meet you as well as another 'nervous starter' and not sure how we are going to pay for it!
Good luck and hope to read more of your journey as it unfolds.
Take care
Kylie Nicole from SW Sydney 355206
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney EmptyTue 28 Oct 2008, 7:57 pm

Hi Nicole, and welcome to the forum
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment, and hope that the super money comes through okay for your op.
I also suffer from depression and self-sabotage, and the sleeve is working extremely well for me (I'm 18 weeks post-op).
If you go to the thread on get-togethers, you'll find that a couple of us are planning to meet at Hornsby soon - you'd be very welcome to join us, if you like.
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney EmptyTue 28 Oct 2008, 4:35 am

Hi luandil,

Congratulations on taking that first step. I look forward to reading about your journey as you progress.

steph
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney EmptyTue 28 Oct 2008, 4:33 am

Hi, haven't seen you here before, so welcome to the site and good luck with your surgery on 8th December. I will look forward to hearing more about your journey as you progress forward to a new life.
Back to top Go down
luandlil

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney EmptyTue 28 Oct 2008, 3:58 am

Hi everybody - I had my initial consult with the Surgeon today. I was originally planning to have a lapband but given that I am such an emotional eater and that I suffer from depressive episodes where I sabotage myself, he thought it was safer to go the way of the gastric sleeve. Less chance of me getting in my own way....

I am 29, I just separated from my husband and I have two preschool aged girls. I have been given a date for my op - 8th December, 2008. I am so freaking excited!!!! Just have to organize the money now - I'm not exactly rolling in spare cash. I am applying to use my Superannuation to pay for the op - I don't have private health insurance. I weighed in at 124kg and 160cm tall. My BMI is 48. I started my pre-op diet today. Mmm...milkshakes - YUM! sure the novelty of having a milkshake for breakfast will wear off but it's only for 6 weeks or so. I can live through that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nicole from SW Sydney   Nicole from SW Sydney Empty

Back to top Go down

Nicole from SW Sydney
Page 1 of 1