overit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
overit

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 6:31 am

Hi All,
Thanks for your nice words. Im feeling soooooooooo much better and THANKFULL everyday!!!

Going back to Dr Martin next week for a check up.

Trying to still shift this plateau... I think i need to drink more water!!

Hope you are all well :)
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011, 12:06 pm

22kg is a great weight loss - but you sure have had to do it the hard way. I just hope the bad days are behind you now and you can start your new healthier life! It's unfair the way some of us sail through the op and others, like yourself, endure such hardships. I believe that you have some good days owed to you now and life will become great again.

All the best, and keep us informed as to how you progress - thanks for sharing your story xxx
Back to top Go down
overit

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 1:26 pm

Thanks for all your kind words.

Aquaarius- I've lost 22kg and have plateaud for a few weeks now
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 12:49 pm

So sorry to hear of what you've gone through 'over it'.

However I've noticed you've only lost 9kg and haven't been eating for over a month? Have you not updated your weight loss?
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:50 pm

Thank you for telling us about this, I am glad you did. Wow. I really appreciate my good experience with the sleeve, and won't be taking my health for granted.
I am so sorry this happened to you, but you have a great attitude and this has obviously gotten you through.
Best of luck with your recovery!
love, Kati
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 5:36 am

Oh dear what a trial you have been thru!! Truly hope your on the mend now. I never would of thought that a leak could happen so far down the track. People really need to hear these stories so as anyone with similar symptoms doesnt just ignore the pain and end up even sicker than you have obviously been. Good luck with your recovery and ongoing weight loss.
Jay Jay
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 2:12 am

Thanks for sharing. Maybe it could be moved into the "Complications with the sleeve" Thread?

We all need to be informed of everything about the sleeve. Both sides to be truly able to make decisions about whether it is right for us.
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 2:20 pm

So sorry for your troubles overit. But I am truely glad you are home and with your little boy.
Back to top Go down
overit

Female

PostSubject: My complications...   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 2:06 pm

Hi All,

I just wanted to write about my experiences since being sleeved on the 11th Feb 2011. I don’t want to scare anyone but, just wanted to share what i went thru.

All went fine!! Routine op and recovery until 5 weeks after my sleeve.

On the weekend of the 11th March i started to get what i thought was really bad shoulder tip pain. It then turned into hurting when i breathed in, the pain was in my back/chest. Then the chills and fevers started.... 5 weeks after my op, i didn’t know what it was...

Roughed out the next couple of days, hoping it would go away. Tried to take some pain killers, but they wouldn’t go down. Finally i gave in on the Tuesday and contacted my doctor, who said to come in straight away.

That afternoon i had a Ct scan that showed a large collection/leak.... What??? 5 weeks later? He wanted me in hospital that night to get started on antibiotics, he said i could be in there for weeks, and also mentioned having to have a feeding tube thru my nose...... I crumbled in his office, broke down, didn’t know what to say. Weeks in hospital?? I would miss my 2.5 year old son. My world crumbled. Deciding to have the sleeve i was aware that there could be complications, but thought it wont happen to me!

Went home that night to pick up some things and sort my son out. I was devastated!

Made my way to emergency at Concord that night, where the blood tests, morphine, antibiotics and shots in legs started

The next 2 days were spent in ICU hooked up to drips, staring at a wall. Nil By Mouth. My “infection level was 300 – Normal is 5!!!!!!

Continuous drips, antibiotics, morphine, shots in legs, daily blood tests etc...

Day 2 in hospital, I had a dilatation and botox injections in my stomach. Was then moved to a ward with 2 snoring old ladies.... Just added to the hell i was going thru.

The next day a private room was arranged by either the doctor or the wonderful head nurse.

Day 4 in hospital, they tried to insert the feeding tube, but my gag reflexes just kept brining it up into my mouth..... That was one of the worst experiences i have ever had!! I told them, there was no way that was going to happen so they stopped.

I was sooo drained, tired, could hardly string a conversation together.

Day 5 they decided they were going to put the feeding tube in my belly, which i consented to, at least it wouldn’t be in the back of my throat. And do another dilatation. Woke up out of surgery and the feeding tube was in my nose, stitched in my nose!... and i had a drain coming out of the top of my tummy.... I was devasted, i could feel this tube that was in the back of my throat, and asked them why they had done that, and they said it was less evasive. As the night went on, the gagging reflex came and i had to sit upright cause everytime i moved, i felt it move in me. I begged the nurse to take it out. They said to wait to speak to doc in the morning.

Next morning i told the team doc to get it out. He agreed. But said that if i didn’t get better i may need a gastric bypass, which is a bigger operation, i didn’t want.

Had a swallow test YUCK and a CT scan that day also.

Dr Martin, felt soo bad, and had no idea why this collection/leak appered, and i was his first case ever like this (GREAT!)... The only thing he could have put it down to was that it was a new suturing machine.. so who knows. I don’t blame him at all for what happened.

Day 7 Started on clear fluids (ie broth and apple juice). Spent a few days on this diet, as well as the continuous drips, antibiotics, morphine, shots in legs, daily blood tests etc...

Next day they took the drain out which was as long as from my fingertips to my elbow. And i felt it all come out!!! The nurse wasn’t expecting it to be that long. EEEERRRGGGHHH

Had another Dilatation on this day also.

After a few days the pain was still there, but not as bad, and i started to get hungry. So i asked the doc if there was anything else i could have. As i couldn’t stomach the “Resource” protein drinks or apple juice anymore. He then agreed i could go on a full fluid diet... I felt like all my Christmases came at once!! Full fluid includes soups, yoghurt, custards, tea with milk etc...

Two days after starting full fluids i was allowed to go home, but had to stay on full fluids for another 2 weeks, and liquid antibiotics twice a day. The day i left hospital my infection level was 13

My son came with my mother to pick me up and that was just the best thing ever. To see his face light up when he saw me almost 2 weeks later... We didn’t want to let go of each other!!

Spent a few days at mums. Then came home.

Saw the doc almost 2 weeks later and had another swallow test (because a little bit of pain came back, but nothing like before). This day my infection level was 6

The swallow test showed that the top of the stomach had closed significantly due to the infection, and i needed to have another dilatation which was done on the 8th April. Had to stay on fluids for 3 a further 3 days. After that i was allowed to eat food for the first time in almost 2 months!!!

Thank god all is still going well and the doc said that if i get pain to go straight onto antibiotics again... but hopefully that wont happen.

Ive lost 22kgs since being sleeved, but have pateued for a few weeks as im not getting much in.

I am soo happy that i did not need the gastric bypass.

Again the nurses were soo nice at Concord. Im just glad im out of there!!

So i hope i haven’t disgusted or scared anyone i just wanted to share my experience, as we aren’t all the same. And in no way do i blame my doc for anything.
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 11:04 am

I would go to the hosp emergency dept - ? fever and extreme pain = ? abscess. You really need to check it out.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 8:32 am

i would definatley go and see a doctor,better to be safe than sorry!!
shelly
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 1:51 pm

hey

i said i didnt have the same problem as urs ,but i know when i had problems piercedmumma told me to go to hospital and turned out a good idea i was readmitted for a week. Good luck and keep us updated

mel
Back to top Go down
overit

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 1:49 pm

just re- read it, sorry i thought you did have that
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 1:45 pm

hey

i didnt have that but if it to the point u cnt keep nothing down and the pain and chills i would say call the hospital tonight and see if they think you should come in,cause they can contaact your surgeon if u do go in.

mel
Back to top Go down
overit

Female

PostSubject: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 1:30 pm

Hi All,
Just wanting some advice or if anyone has had similar, i will be calling doc tomorow.

I was sleeved on 11 Feb and just started soft solids on thrursday night.
Since Saturday night, my shoulder tip pain is absolutly excrutiating!! Ranging from pain all over my left shoulder where it feels like its cramping, burning, tearing!! To then a REALLY bad stitch like pain closer to the middle of my back going about half way down, and is stopping me from taking deep breaths in. It hasnt stopped since Saturday.

For the past two days ive also had chills and an on off temp of 38. And a bit of nausea

ive tried swallowing panadol and nurofen, but they wont stay down.

Any thoughts??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out   Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad tearing pain 5 weeks out
Page 1 of 1