Heidi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
~*camelia*~

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 4:08 am

How are things going now Heidi?? hope you are getting the hang of things and everything is getting easier for you...

See you soon, x x x Hello
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010, 2:38 am

I was also liquids for 2 weeks, mushies for 2 weeks, then a very slow introduction to real food after that.

Don't rush things, and if in any doubt at all, move back a step. The time comes faster than you can imagine that you are eating pretty normally. Just give it time!!!
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010, 2:31 am

I had the same plan as Carrie, and also started everything a week later than that plan. I don't think I could have eaten lasagne for at least two months! Enjoy this time - it's the fastest losing time you'll have.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010, 1:54 am

I def didn't cope with meat or fish until about 6 wks postop.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010, 1:12 am

Oh Heidi, you poor thing. I'm glad you seem to have worked out what's wrong.

Some of us just do seem to need to go slower than others. I wasn't allowed to introduce things like mince & lasagne until I went onto soft food at 4 weeks. My plan went 2 weeks liquid/ 2 weeks purees/ 2 weeks soft foods/ then gradually introduce solids. But in reality I went much slower than that, spending at least another week each on purees and soft foods.

Listen to what your body feels comfortable with and go by that rather than any timetable, or what others can do. And, if you do continue to feel to feel discomfort or pain, don't hesitate to contact your surgeon, as others have said here, they would rather hear from you sooner than later, they want you to feel your best too.

Hugs - Carrie xx
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 8:38 pm

Hi Heidi

Im glad that everything is relatively ok for you, were you able to contact your surgeon?

Just take one day at a time.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Part of the furniture
Heidi

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 3:37 pm

Hey all,

Well everything appears fine. It appears I need to take a step back and keep to more liquid and smoother purée for now. I'll have no problem doing that now. Tonight scared me so much. I have never felt anything like that.

Thanks for your concern and advice. I've been told to stay clear of lumpy foods for the time being.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 11:39 am

Any news Heidi?
Back to top Go down
~*camelia*~

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 11:23 am

Hope everything is ok...let me know how you are x x
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 10:29 am

Good Heidi I think thats the best option.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Part of the furniture
Heidi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 10:25 am

Thanks everyone, looking for his card now.
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 10:24 am

My surgeon said the thing he worries about the most is that a patient will delay contacting him. He'd rather be contacted and figure out its bad reflux than not be contacted.
I promised to treat every ache & pain as a leak and call anytime.

Can i suggest you ring him now? He'll tell you what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
kiwichick

Female
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 10:21 am

I haven't had my sleeve yet so I can't offer any advice on how things feel once you have a sleeve - but I would contact your Doctor just to be safe - and then they can figure out what it is and fix it or tell you that you are ok and it's normal??? :)

Sorry I know I am not much help....

Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 10:19 am

Hey Heidi

Im sorry you arent feeling well. Is there anyway you can call or contact your surgeon or an assistant?

I dont know what the pain could be- but my motto is always "if in doubt get it checked out". So while I dont want you to be panicking, I think maybe a call or a trip to your hospital might be worth it?

Id rather check than leave it if you know what I mean- especially if you are in that much pain.

I hope you get better soon babe.

N xoxoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Part of the furniture
Heidi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 10:11 am

No lumps I can feel - but it's super tender to touch.
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 10:10 am

Do you have any weird lumps? Have you done anything strenuous (sp???)? Possible Hernia? When I popped my hernia I got the feeling like my insides were coming open
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Part of the furniture
Heidi

Female

PostSubject: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 10:06 am

Hi all,

I'm a bit worried about some pain i'm having at the moment in my stomach. It feels sharp and comes in waves, it's right where my stomach is. I had surgery almost 2 weeks ago and while i've been sticking to the liquid diet mostly, I have been incorporating a bit of mince dishes (mashed up and chewed carefully).

Tonight I had about 2 tablespoons of very soft mashed lasagne and i'm now in excrutiating pain.

Have I pushed it too far? Could I have torn open my stomach? I've been trying to search the site for similar experiences this soon out but i'm probably using the wrong search terms.

Just to clarify, today i've had the following:

Bfast - liquid yohurt
Mtea - apple juice 250ml
Lunch - 1 tabelspoon of mashed avocado
Atea - pear juice 250ml
Dinner - 2 tablespoons of mashed homemade lasagne.

I'm in agony - could I have stretched or torn my stomach. Am I eating too much this soon out, should I stick to liquids instead?

I've only had 250ml of water in addition to the above. I'm so worried i've overdone it on the mashed food and should be sticking to more finely pureed food.

Here it comes again:(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out   Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice please - tearing pain in stomach 2 weeks out
Page 1 of 1