Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MissyMagic

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2015-04-18

Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op!   Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op! EmptyWed 22 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

I find side sleeping on my left side uncomfortable now and often wake up aching if I sleep that way. The eighth side and back are fine. I've not had pain though, fortunately. I hope you're feeling better.
Back to top Go down
nervousandnew

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op!   Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op! EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015, 11:44 am

Thanks guys! 6 weeks argh I hope not!!! How awful for you!

I saw my dietician today! I've lost 11 kilos since 2 wks pre op so pretty happy! She said the pain is quite normal so I'm not stressed anymore! Am seeing my surgeon in 2 weeks so of its still hurting then I'll address it with him :)

Thanks again xx
Back to top Go down
Monjara
Monjara

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op!   Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op! EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015, 8:50 am

I had trouble with pain sleeping on my side/s as well, found propping the tummy with a pillow or two like a wedge helped, but it lasted a few weeks and the main incision was sore for up to 6 + weeks...
W
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op!   Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op! EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 1:11 pm

I had terrible terrible pain up to 21 days out from surgery. So much so that even just lifting my legs into bed was enough to bring me to tears. I know what you mean about back pain, I couldnt sleep in any other position pain free either.

For me it was one little bloody stitch that was anchored to my skin that went down to close the hole in my abdominal muscle to ensure the hole my tummy was pulled through didnt herniate. Mine was under the biggest incision on my right. The skin would dimple in almost a full inch when I would stand, I could see how much the little bugger was pulling, it was tortuous. 

Once this gave way I was good to go. 

I hope its something similar and nothing serious - call your surgeon if youre worried - I did!
Back to top Go down
nervousandnew

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-01-31

PostSubject: Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op!   Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op! EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 12:59 pm

Hey guys really hoping someone can offer some advice!

I was sleeved on 1st April (almost 2 wks ago) and still have pain in my stomach from surgery? I still can't sleep on my left side as the pain gets quite bad then, therefore I am waking with bad back pain as I'm sleeping on my back so much!

After surgery my surgeon told me the surgery went well with no complications which is fantastic but since that day I have had this pain in my stomach (near the biggest incision on the left).

Has anyone else experienced this pain for this amount of time?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op!   Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op! Empty

Back to top Go down

Still so much pain - 2 weeks post op!
Page 1 of 1