Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?!   increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?! EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015, 11:57 pm

Hi Binney, I think it depends on the thickness of thread, how quickly it dissolves.

Mine was constantly horrid for a good two and a half weeks, then over a couple of days I noticed the main wound wasnt indenting so much and then it just let go, I remember getting up out of bed, swinging the legs out, waddling to the loo while reaching up to put palm pressure on and realising I was already out of bed lol. The relief was immediate. I hope the little bugger nicks off soon for you!
Back to top Go down
binney78

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?!   increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?! EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

Going in for appt tomorrow anyway so will ask...but it has been over 30 days since op. Was hoping stitch would have dissolved by now! Sounds exactly the same bumbles! Did yours get better slowly or just good one day? Also did it get worse before better?
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?!   increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?! EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015, 9:35 am

Yep check with your surgeon just to be sure.

I had immense amounts of pain and issues with the main stitch down to the abdomen, particularly lying in bed if my tummy would pull in one direction or another, lifting my legs into bed would bring me to tears, didnt resolve itself until about 21 days out from surgery. I shuffled about like my nan through this time and had to hold my belly to stop it moving when I walked. Putting pressure on it with my palm or a small firm pillow also helped with support.
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?!   increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?! EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015, 8:19 am

Hi Binney

I had a bit of trouble with pain early on

Best advice is if you think you might have a problem call your surgeon. If it's nothing they can tell you and if it is something you can find a solution. I hope you start feeling better soon🌻
Back to top Go down
binney78

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?!   increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?! EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015, 7:28 am

Hi. Had my op on 29th may. Pretty much pain since two weeks however....have been getting very sharp increasingly bad pain under my main woundsite on right of abdo. Assuming it is stitch from closing abdo muscle but is getting worse when i move not better! Especially in bed. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?!   increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?! Empty

Back to top Go down

increasing pain from main woundsite 4 weeks post op?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: