AuthorMessage
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

What do you wear swimming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyTue 18 Nov 2008, 5:29 pm

well this is a new thing for me
I have brought a two peice :[img]http://sm
its been a very long time but it is not a bikini but I feel looks good
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8jGSWg/]
What do you wear swimming? Blk-weight
[/url]
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptySat 15 Nov 2008, 10:43 am

No worries - glad to help. What do you wear swimming? 65317
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptySat 15 Nov 2008, 8:48 am

Thanks Denise,
I've just had a look at their website, looks fantastic! I was dreading summer because I have no bathers that fit, but now I'll go get some nice new ones!
Back to top Go down
sydney.north
sydney.north

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: What Do You Wear Swimming   What do you wear swimming? EmptySat 15 Nov 2008, 8:20 am

What do you wear swimming? 355206 Hi all - I struggled with this until I started aquarobics, lycra bike shorts over mainly black cosy. Rebel make okay ones. I'm 24-26 but the XLarge fits. Also holds in loose skin etc. Nothing better than getting into the water and feeling light!
Back to top Go down
purplehaze
purplehaze

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyFri 14 Nov 2008, 11:48 pm

I love swiming, I love the ocean and I love the pool though not when it is too crowded so I tend to go between 9am and 2pm. I avoided swimmng at the pool for years and only got to the beach occasonally so was very uncomfortable. However about 5 years ago I had to go to the pool regularly for exercise for my knees (osteo arthritis). I have about 4 bathers , 3 that I don't wear. My favourites I bought in a swimwear shop in Smith St Fitzroy, don't know if they do mail purchases but will have a look. I loved my black bathers but unfortunatley I have worn them out and went to Kmart and bought a new pair, this time with a pattern (big flowers on dark background is supposed be more flattering apparently) and a skirt thing at the front, anyway, I have a towel handy but once I take of my glasses to go for a swim I don't notice other people so much (am in my on little bubble unless the kids are with me). I do feel more self conscious at the beach but it won't stop me swimming. I regret the years I missed out worried re what other people thought, what I looked like. As long as I was comfortable. wore a longe singlet top over my bathers for a bit at first. Mind you it helps that most of them are strangers, wouldn't get into the pool with work collegues or similar. Thanks for the other we sites, have had a look and saved as favourites.
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 12:03 pm

I bought boardies from there a year ago that looked decent on my 125kg frame - pretty impressive. They have a section of elastic at the back, so I figured they'd still fit but tried them on a few days ago and they're utterly hideous now. Dammit.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 2:59 pm

Denise I was looking high and low for that place. thank you so much just what I wanted the swim shorts and the rashie :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 1:02 pm

I found a place that was in Osborne Park but has moved to Balcatta called VIVA Swimwear http://www.vivaswim.com/

WA company that does mail order too and has all sizes mens, ladies, kids. I like them because you can by a swim bra so the twins don't go for a swim on thier own and cause al sorts of embarassment :[img]http://sm
Back to top Go down
untamed_angel277
untamed_angel277

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 12:03 pm

ohhhh God is it that time of the year again..... lol.... im lucky i still fit into the ones that were to tight for me last year.. a great place to shop for bathers is Dale and waters.. they have great bathers and great clothes they arnt cheap but i found the bathers so comfy they hold you in in the right spots and have huge sizes and very long also.. you order there clothes by mail and if your not happy or they dont fit there are no probs with refund... have a look at daleandwaters.com.au they will also mail you out a catalogue...
Back to top Go down
http://untamedangel277.spaces.live.com/
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 10:42 am

I just wear regular swimmers as well, it doesn't really bother me too much. But I do usually wear a sarong until just before I get in the water. The last few years I have been buying the two piece swim wear for bigger girls, that way I can get the right size top (one piece usually flattens the boobs, cause I like to wear a size too small to pull in the tummy) and I wear tigher bottoms. Unfortunately, the bottoms are usually too high cut and brief so I cheat and wear tight black licra nickers which look the same as bather bottoms anyway and are made from the same fabric, noboby has noticed yet. Wore this when I went to Raratonga on holidays a few years back, snorkeling and all and sunning by the pool, nobody even batted an eyelid.

Don't worry about other people, who cares, if you are hot then go swimming, it doesn't matter. I am going to start swimming laps this weekend, it's the best exercise for me because of my back, so look out people here I come.
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: bathers   What do you wear swimming? EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 10:33 am

I believe in deserting board shorts, the material is not stretchy at all and most are not really cut for a bigger frame...I go with more elastic kind of shorts I actually wear something like a short tracksuit kind of pants (not thick material but quite thin and not daggy looking things), plain blackI find are best... you could also use bike shorts with a nice cheese cloth skirt or nice sarong to get you to the side of the pool. I have seen ladies with short cheese cloth skirts inside the pool. You are only around 90 kgs so you could also wear a nice tight top to go with. Accentuate the top half and wear plain black at the bottom.

I never try on swim wear for the same reason....I empathise with you.

I do get nice swim wear at that 16-26 shop. They have lycra swim shorts that dont look that bad and last year they had some nice cut boardies.

Good luck with that ...lets face it shopping for us takes 100 times longer to find anything that looks half decent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 9:10 am

I just wear ordinary bathers. When I go swimming, I go to my local pool. My theory is once you are under the water no one can see anyway so it doesn't bother me.I mean, lets face it..do you dive under and check out what everyone is wearing or looks like...trust me, people don't do that. The old sleezy men just wait till you surface so they can look down you top and check out your breasts and thats about it. That's the only reason they go to the pool anyway...hah hah, I'm so bad saying that! The teenage girls are too busy redoing their hair and the boys are all hiding anyway..you know why with all the teenage girls around. What do you wear swimming? 89269

I just keep my bag and towel and I have a bathers cover as well near the exit, jump out, dry off and slip over on.

You can find them on either ebay or in the sara range on ezibuy. That is where I got mine from and er, lots of other stuff I don't need!!

http://www.ezibuy.com.au/Womens/Sara_(Plus_Sizes)/Swimwear.html

and everyone knows the ebay link!!!

It doesn't matter what you wear, it doesn't make a difference so don't worry. You will be okay.

If you are worried about people at the pool staring at you, go around 9am when all the old grannies come out and not the kiddies!
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 7:55 am

I am going to wear black bike shorts and a LONG large black rashie. waste of time going into a ladies shop for the rashie as they are all way to short and stupid colours. I want one to finish mid thigh. I am not interested in clown legs with boardies hence the black bike shorts. I then pick a pretty saraong. I have the most horrible tuck shop lady arms so no way am I wearing a top that shows them so I might as well spend the money on a good rashie and wear that. You can purcahse from speciliety shops bike shorts in the bather material they are close to $100 tho. They come in about 3 lengths.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 6:59 am

Oh dear I went shopping this morning and tried a bunch of swimmers on and womens board shorts, they looked hideous
with a captial H! :[img]http://ww Ranting :http://smileys :[img]http://ww

All the boardshorts were to long and made me look like I was wearing clown pants.

Does anyone know a place to get board shorts that don't look ridiculous on people with a big tum and short legs. It was so hot the other day I just wanted to cool off in the ocean, I don't care if I have to wear mens bordies either.

Cinni
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you wear swimming?   What do you wear swimming? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you wear swimming?
Page 1 of 1