Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!

Go down 
+2
bintang
CareBear
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 12:43 am

LOL @ Trisha - and J the centre also has a hot water spa which is divine, I usually sit in that for 10-20mins before getting out - aahh relaxing.
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm

I decided this summer I had, had enough of sitting there watching everyone else cool off, I use to swim everyday and forgot how great it is after the first time walking to the pool trying to hide everything u forget about it.

J: if I can do it and I still have all my fatty bits, you can do it with ur wabbly bits it's worth it and it's great exercise :)
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 3:14 pm

lollll Trish I'll have to try that one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 9:11 am

Dont wear any panties J....no one will be looking at your tummy....I promise!
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 7:11 am

J, I swear no one gives a toss! The aquatic centre I am doing to has a warm water pool, lap pool and children's pool. The change rooms are close to poolside so you need not strut your stuff above water for too long. Once you are in the water, all sins hidden, no one can see. It's worth the plunge - I promise you will enjoy it, the joy will outweigh your anxieties about floppy skin.

Maybe wear your t-shirt to poolside hop in the shallow end, take your T-shirt s off & once the pool then leave it poolside until you are ready to hop out?

A lot of people (all shapes, sizes, strengths and disabilities use the warm water pool for hydrotherapy so the patrons are used to all different types, no staring or teasing. (Croydon aquatic cntre).
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 3:15 am

Ahh I so want to go swimming..

Way to ashamed to though with the way my stomachs gone now.. And it's just not the same swimming with a t-shirt on, you don't feel free.

As stupid as that sounds.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012, 7:45 pm

I really look forward to going - being in the water is an amazing stress release too. The aquatic center I go to has a warm water pool and a spa that I can access as well if I pay an extra dollar. It's all indoors so no excuses!
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012, 1:10 am

I'm a water baby too CareBear. I love going to the classes - I do Aqua Fit and Deep Water Running and I really miss it if I can't make it for whatever reason. Being an outdoor set up, it's a bit harder to stay motivated in winter, so I'm definitely enjoying the sunshine while we have it.

Pool
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012, 2:46 pm

Have discovered aqua exercise and aerobics - even more fun! Loving being back in the pool, wish I could find more time. Up to 3 1 hour sessions (rotating laps and exercise classes. One session of laps is late at night after work, finding hard to sleep afterward, may need to get up earlier and go before work eeek!
Back to top Go down
shortchick
shortchick

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 10:44 am

Great to hear, good for you.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 10:36 am

It's a wonderful feeling eh!
Back to top Go down
bintang
Part of the furniture
bintang

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 9:47 am

Way to go CareBear!
I started aqua aerobics a couple of weeks ago ... in the past wore my board shorts and tankini top (which was awful as it floated all around and I was constantly tugging it down). But now I am just wearing my bathers and enjoying myself... and no one else cares what I look like!

Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 8:05 am

I have decided swimming is going to be my exercise of choice. I checked out the local leisure and aquatic centre this arvo and LOVED it. I used to do competition swimming as a teen. Once I climbed over all my self conscious barriers, got in the pool and started swimming, it was so relaxing, like I'd never been out of the pool. It's been nearly 20 years since I have been swimming in public. I loved the whole set up, < 5 meters from the change room to the pool, don't have to parade my wobbly bits - felt so comfortable and welcomed at the centre. No way I would have ever ventured back o swimming without my sleeve, I am absolutely thrilled - loving my sleeve!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!   I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I went swimming for the first time in nearly 20 years!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Exercise-
Jump to: