Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!

Go down 
+3
Smurfette
AliKat
belladingo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!   Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 11:37 pm

Good on you for taking the plunge!
All the best with the diet shakes - they're really not all that bad (especially the vanilla optifasts).
Kris.
Back to top Go down
MrsSea

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!   Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 1:03 pm

Another Jon lover here.

Good Luck! He really is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!   Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 11:32 am

wooohooo
congrats on making your date!!
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!   Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 10:39 am

JON IS FANTASTIC! You could not have picked a better surgeon!
Time will fly by and in no time you will be more happier and healthier...
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!   Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 9:52 am

Belladingo

Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! 355206

Congratulations on your date. Jon rocks. I have my surgery a week prior to you, and have to start the 'Opti' two weeks prior; though I am going to start TF on the 1st January as a lead up to it; especially after the Christmas break I will have had. Talk more on the February Monthly sleevers.
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!   Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 6:37 am

I didn't bother shopping around. I was happy with the surgeon I first saw (Dr Stever Leibermen) so I gladly went with him.

Four weeks is going to be somewhat of a trial. I had a bit of a doo doo head for a dietitian ... she put me on six weeks! Even the surgeon was shocked and both my husband and I could see him struggling to find a rational reason ... he did say in his information session that a liquid diet would only be for two weeks at the most. Anyway, he reduced it only by a week but I had my own way of tackling it.

I've never tolerated the meal replacements very well. So I stepped up each week what I had. The first ten days I did one meal replacement and two meals a day, then for the next ten days I did two shakes a day and one meal a day and for the final two weeks I did three shakes a day ... I also went with Tony Ferguson - the doctors nurse said "they are all basically the same so go with what you can tolerate" ...

The first thing the doctor said to me when he saw me after surgery was "your liver was perfect" ... the reason for the shakes.

Maybe you could do five or six weeks like myself and start off slowly and step it up each week or so. It most definitely helped with the hunger factor and the "ick" factor of the shakes ...

It is exciting getting a surgery date - it is even more exciting being on the other side!

For you, I hope the next couple of months go quickly.

Goodness I can waffle on *chuckles*
Back to top Go down
belladingo
belladingo

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!   Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 4:34 am

Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! 542174 Well I went to see Jon Armstrong yesterday for an initial consult to find out more about the sleeve and well just generally find out about whether this was for me or not. Well after much thought and discussion with hubby I am going ahead woot woot! Am soo nervous but excited for a new me. Sooo my surgery date is February 15th so not that far away or long to wait. Must admit not looking forward to the four weeks of optislim ugh! any tips on how to survive this most appreciated lol but I really felt extremely comfortable with Jon, he had a lovely energy about him and had a lovely bedside manner. I dont feel it necessary to shop around for surgeons, I'm happy with the comments I've read about him and after speaking to him myself and am confident in him as my surgeon sooooo look out world a new me is on its way! Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! 842349
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!   Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come! Empty

Back to top Go down

Initial consultation done, decision made wahoo new me here I come!
Page 1 of 1