Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...

Go down 
+2
Emily
AliKat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:26 pm

Ah, but do they hold saggy boobs where they should be instead of around the navel????
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 8:22 am

I recently bought a couple of bra's from America. I splurged and got a couple of the strapless boob tube dress things which I haven't worn since the 70's & 80's (I am such a fashionista ... not) and unfortunately my girls aren't the same size and very noticeable and I've had trouble finding something without wire. With the dollar the way it is - yay ... it was actually cheaper and they must want Australian's as customers - postage is a flat rate of $9.95, not bad at all.

http://www.freshpair.com/

http://www.freshpair.com/Glamorise-Complete-Comfort-Strapless-Bra-G-1800.html

Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptyMon 08 Nov 2010, 5:33 am

That is funny Chris. As I've said a few times, I'm at the beginning of weight loss and I see so many clothes I would have given my right arm for just several weeks ago! I've only moved one or two sizes but there is no point in buying much now, clothing would only fit for a month so I'm making do with what I have and just an item or two of new (inexpensive) items. But yeah, I've had a chuckle or two lately seeing the larger sized clothes ...

Last edited by AliKat on Tue 16 Nov 2010, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling ...)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptyMon 08 Nov 2010, 4:46 am

It's a conspiracy!
Just came back from the shops, where I saw some swimmers on sale for $20 - they had sizes 22 - 32 only!
When I was a 30-32, there were no such things available!
Now that I'm a 12-14, so many of the bargains I see are for larger sizes. Where were they when I needed them?
Ah well, can't complain - at least I'm half the woman I used to be...
Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... 595690
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptyMon 08 Nov 2010, 4:13 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. This losing weight has turned me into a bit of a girl! I've always sat back and checked out fashion on others and now, be it slowly I can check it out on me.

Emily, what a kind offer and I will take you up in that ... I've seen some gorgeous summer dresses in the past and when I am goal weight I am going to splurge.

Keep the stores coming ladies - there might a few other members looking for places other than Autograph ...

Cheers,

Alison.
Back to top Go down
Waysideunicorn
Waysideunicorn

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptyMon 08 Nov 2010, 3:16 am

Try City Chic and Dream Diva. There clothes are amazing. If you want to order stuff from the US try a website called hopshopgo. It purchases stuff for you and then has it sent to them and then on to you. I have done this a number of times. Even with postage/shipping I get it cheaper than I can in Aus

WSU
Back to top Go down
Bamba
Part of the furniture
Bamba

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2010-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptyMon 08 Nov 2010, 2:27 am

I love the clothing from City Chic .. Even after I have lost the weight, I reckon I will still shop there.
They are much nicer than Autograph and My Size...

Nic
Back to top Go down
http://realghoststories.com.au
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptyMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:39 am

Hi AliKat...

I bought nearly all my clothes from TS14 until I lost the weight....it is an amazing store...

I have seen Jones New York clothes in Oz -- I think maybe in DJs or Myers in Sydney city... but the JNY stores in the US sell both regular sizes and larger ones...(which I didn't actually realise until my most recent trip).

Am sure you have probably also noticed the plus sizes section in Myers with larger sizes in mainstream brands like Basque. Mirrors and many others...

Macy's (US) also has a Macy's women's sizes.

Good luck with the shopping

S
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 2:45 pm

Ali, if you see something you want to buy that they don't deliver to Aus, let me know. My brother is always buying stuff and getting delivered to me, and then I fwd to him. Happy to do that if you would like.
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female

PostSubject: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 11:12 am

Hi Everyone,

I've just been reading another post about outlet shopping in the States and saw a shop called Jones New York. I've never heard of it before but I like what I've seen online, even though they don't deliver internationally - oh well ...

There are a few shops here in Australia that I wasn't aware of and it'd be great if people could add any shops they like - I might discover something else beyond Autograph and My Size. I didn't know about TS 14+ ... hopefully once I've lost much, much more weight I can start to venture into Katies and so on but any information would be great. Not that it can be the best to shop online as you can always get caught with sizing.

Even if they aren't online and might not be in another state or there is no need to shop in the plus size stores anymore (they may still have nice clothes) it'd be great to know what is out there. We do travel a bit and even if something is in Bamaga post it, we'll be there in a couple of years.

http://www.ts14plus.com.au/
http://www.igigi.com/

Cheers,

Alison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...   Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Clothes, clothes and more clothes and online shopping ...
Page 1 of 1