AuthorMessage
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

After Band removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Band removal   After Band removal EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 12:04 pm

Hi Therese101
Glad your band was removed at last - and welcome to my world of reflux.

I too have a hernia, which is my reason I am giving work for having my next op - but which will be repaired whilst having my sleeve.
It appears that I had a hernia for a long time, but it was never picked up all the while I had gastrocopies and gastrogaffin swallows for the numerous issues I had with the band - it was a new GP that decided I had reflux. Once I told my bariatric surgeon about that, he agreed and said I must have had the reflux for some time without it being diagnosed.
Now I have been advised that I will probably stay on reflux medication for ever - but I don't mind as long as it keeps it at bay - and I gather that the sleeve won't cause the same oesophageal restriction as the band did.
Did you have your hernia repaired when your band was removed? And who is your doctor - just wondering if it is the same as mine - can PM if you like - I am not into blaming doctors for everything that goes wrong - it would just be interesting to know if I have the same one. Best wishes anyway - hope you get the reflux under control.
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

After Band removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Band removal   After Band removal EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 11:41 am

Did you have reflux pre band removal?

I still had reflux after my band was removed, turns out I had a large hernia, which was the reason my band didn't work in the first place! Surgeon just didn't pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

After Band removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Band removal   After Band removal EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 12:25 am

Glad everything went well for your removal Therese. Sorry I can't help with the reflux question though, I now only get reflux if I eat too much (de-banded in Sept 2010).

Jiggly
Back to top Go down
therese101
therese101

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-07-29

After Band removal Empty
PostSubject: After Band removal   After Band removal EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 3:33 pm

So everything went well with the removal of my band, but now i seem to be having reflux/indigestion issues. Anyone else have these problems, if so how did you cope? and did it go away?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

After Band removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Band removal   After Band removal Empty

Back to top Go down

After Band removal
Page 1 of 1