Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
therese101
therese101

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month!   Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month! EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010, 3:00 pm

Yay my money has been approved! Time to book in for my band removal!
Back to top Go down
Huggy Bear
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month!   Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month! EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 4:36 am

Dear Therese,

You sound like me a bit! I had the band for six months, nightmare, hated it - just awful.

I was banded by Craig Taylor 8 weeks ago and things are just fantastic.

The sleeve is a total DREAM compared to the beastly band.

Good luck and take care,

xxHuggyBear
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re band removal and sleeving   Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month! EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 9:56 pm

Hi therese101
Your story sounds a bit like mine, but my band issues took from 2000 to 2010 to finally decide to have the band removed - and it was only out of desperation. Then my dear doctor tells me I sound like a good candidate for the sleeve, but have the band removed then wait a while to have the sleeve done.
I had never heard of the sleeve, but having found this wonderful forum, with so many amazing people willing to share their journeys, I am learning so much and it is definitely inspiring me.
Good luck with your plans - look forward to following your journey too, as mine continues. I see my doc in Sept to decide on dates (and costs).
Best wishes
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month!   Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month! EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 3:58 pm

hello therese

i have heard heaps people say there band hasnt worked , i havnt had my sleeve yet i also am having it done in january goodluck and there is plenty people on here that have been through same thing that can help you

mel
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month!   Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month! EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 3:22 pm

Hi Therese

Welcome =) My band didn't work out either, I think you're doing a wise thing. I'm waiting for my private health insurance to kick in, so it looks like I will be getting done the same month as you.
All the best.
Back to top Go down
therese101
therese101

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month!   Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month! EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

Well i was banded in 2006 over the first 2 years i lost 50 kg! Then one morning I woke up with no restrictions at all, I couldn't work out where i was going wrong, turns out my band had a blowout, where the saline had collected in a bubble on the outside. The doc said it was very rare and that he had never seen it before, he also spoke with his surgeon buddies and they said the same.

So they replaced my band with a new band that had a capacity of 10mls (previous was 4mls). From then on in I really only lost a further 5kg. When i fell pregnant i steadily gained 20kgs, which i always thought the band would help control that. I wasnt eating bad unhealthy foods because I had gallstones, I didnt want to chance another attack because the attacks were soooooo painful. So I didnt really understand what was going on. When I went in for fills I couldn't tolerate any more than 1/4 ml, otherwise i would be back there two days latter getting 1/2 ml out. I feel like i am getting no where. Since having my baby 12months ago I am now the weight I was when I was originally banded. This week I have made the decision to switch to the sleeve. I am scared but I want to be able to run around after my little girl.

When I spoke to my surgeon he at the beginning of our conversation was pushing for me to keep the band. I ended up breaking down into tears (the poor guy didn't know what to do) I explained to him that i can't even get healthy foods to pass through. And that I haven't been able to sit down for a meal with out vomiting for 6 months. I told him my throat always hurts, my insulin resistance is back and I cant handle the band anymore. SO I am off to APRA to apply for early release of my supper to pay the 4950 which covers my band removal and Sleeve. I will hopefully have my band removed sometime over the next month and then Sleeved in early Jan.

Such a big decision but from what I have read on here so many people have benefited from making the switch. Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Therese
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month!   Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month! Empty

Back to top Go down

Made first step! Hopefully band removal within the next month!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: