renee3012
10 posters
AuthorMessage
deswa

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-12-21

Will my weight loss stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010, 12:33 pm

Well I haven't got to the bit where I need to stop but I have slowed down a lot in the last 6 weeks. I guess you just have to watch what you eat
Back to top Go down
Champayne
Champayne

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Can i lose too much weight?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 6:15 pm

Hiya everyone
im 3 months out of my life changing op (loving it) and i have lost and i have lost 52lbs i probbly just wanna lose another 28lb maximum and was wondering if there comes a point that a sleever has been happy with their weight but just kept losing ?? has anyone had this and do you just get on with it or can you mantain (might be a silly question i dont know)
hope your all well, losing and happy !

Champayne
xx Will my weight loss stop? 120705
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 1:56 am

Nemo wrote:
Hi
As you can see I was sleeved in January 2009 and lost all of my excess weight within 8 months. I too was very worried that my weightloss would not stop. I spoke to my surgeon who told me to stop eating low cal foods and start eating and drinking normally ie cappacino's with full fat milk, full fat yoghurts, cheeses etc. After many years of dieting it is hard to get used to the fact that I no longer have to worry about what I eat.

I have maintained my weight since August 2009 and have not put on or lost and ounce. I eat what ever I want including chocolate, chippies etc.... I just dont eat a lot of it.
YepYep and Yep, ditto to all of that.
The lady at my coffee place questioned me the first time I ordered full cream.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 1:26 am

I've lost all my excess weight and then some. I'm in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height andanticipate losing 2-3 more kegs over the next few months. By adding snacks between meals I can stop the loss and seem to maintain pretty well.

There are always higher calorie (good fat) choices to make and when I exercise I'll have to do that more often. I actually haven't added regular exercise. I'm just more active generally now.

I think my body wants to lose a bit more and I don't mind that. I want 60 kg to be my absolute upper weight.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 1:10 am

I was advised by my dietician not to introduce full fat milk, cheese, yoghurt, etc.

Told me she didn't want me eating bad fats.

Instead introduce dried fruits and nuts, add things like avocado onto sandwich at lunch, have the odd treat, etc etc.

LOL I think I am having too many of the odd treats.... Confused

I am just about to goal, have been the same weight the past 3 weeks, so very new at this maintenance bit!! Will my weight loss stop? 120705
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Nemo

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 12:55 am

Hi
As you can see I was sleeved in January 2009 and lost all of my excess weight within 8 months. I too was very worried that my weightloss would not stop. I spoke to my surgeon who told me to stop eating low cal foods and start eating and drinking normally ie cappacino's with full fat milk, full fat yoghurts, cheeses etc. After many years of dieting it is hard to get used to the fact that I no longer have to worry about what I eat.

I have maintained my weight since August 2009 and have not put on or lost and ounce. I eat what ever I want including chocolate, chippies etc.... I just dont eat a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
Donna74
Donna74

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 10:53 am

Hello
I was also wondering the same thing and everyone asks me that question and still not sure of the answer.. i have gone past my goal weight and have added extra's to my diet but hasn't seemed to make a difference.. someone did tell that your body knows when it's right..i am going to have a check up with my surgeon next week so will ask the question.. It does feel very weird haveing to worry about losing to much..
But at the end of the day I love what i have done.
Back to top Go down
renee3012
renee3012

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 12:20 am

Thankyou so much for your replies everyone! I know alot of people on the forum are probably going what is this woman whingeing about but I am very happy I made the choice to get the sleeve, I was just curious as i approach goal what was going to happen. I do love my sleeve! lol

Lib, you seem to have had a tough run since getting the sleeve but let me say you look fantastic! Thanks for the tips on how to help once I reach goal.

ssjad, thanks for replying I thought I may get a few WTF from people and not many replies so it was sweet of you to reply to my question.

Janette, congrats on your massive weight loss and being so close to goal it probably feels weird introducing "treats" back into your diet as we have become so use to avoiding them!

Anyway thanks again everyone take care x x x
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 1:02 pm

Yep. I eat full cream, never chose the lighter choice, my dietitian taught me how to add more calories to my diet. I never ever thought it possible that I would get to 52kg. At my lowest I was 49kg, and I really started to freak out, but I have maintained 52kg for about 2 months. I keep forgetting to weigh myself to see if I have put anymore on. Its weird being worried about losing too much isnt it, nothing you'd have thought to expect!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 12:35 pm

I am just about at goal.

I have introduced more foods into my diet.
Added extra food at morning tea and afternoon tea and now eating supper.
Allowing some treats also into my diet.....although I feel this could be dangerous!!
Bit unsure about this, but my dietician tells me its oK.

My weight has been stable the past 2 weeks.

My dietician wants to see me again in 6 weeks to make sure I have stopped the weight loss.

Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 12:22 pm

Hi Renee - just thought I'd reply seeing as no-one else has. I haven't yet heard of anyone starving to death post sleeve. There are a couple here however who have to consciously try to eat more calories. Sounds hard to me! Will my weight loss stop? 65317
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
renee3012
renee3012

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 12:16 am

Hi all,
I was sleeved about 6 months ago and my goal was to lose about 25kgs. I have lost 20kgs and everyone keeps asking me how do I stop it? I know with the sleeve you only lose a percentage of you excess body weight, but I am also starting to question if it will stop!

Has anyone gone too far and ended up too skinny? LOL gee I never thought I would use those words!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will my weight loss stop?   Will my weight loss stop? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will my weight loss stop?
Page 1 of 1