AuthorMessage
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 7:27 pm

great to hear your going well after op and are off the liquids
I didn't do any house work for almost 1 month after and didn't lift for 2 months ( hubby fed all the animals) actually only just got back into pushing the wheelbarrow to feed them all and have had this op and hubby has to do it all on his own again Pain in incisions 2329
I didnt drive for 10days after op but we have power steering so I am sure if we didn't have that I wouldn't of been able to turn the wheel.
the bigger insion is for the tool to move your liver I think mine is about 4cm long when I had the staples removed I made them put steri strips over all cuts he had made to make the scares less , no water to get near them no chance of stretching the wounds.
Is the pain decressing or increasing?
This should be a indercation on the healing process
take care
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 10:47 am

mine didnt give me any problems either.
Im glad you cleared up about your wound site i thought the same as chris....woooo what a big cut.....but 2cm sounds about the same as mine.

About housework etc...i was told not to drive for a week after surgery....but if your still sore maybe you should wait a little longer....and the housework thing...milk it for as long as you can...lol No not really....i think i started to do little jobs at about 10 days to 2 weeks and just built up from there.....your body normally tells you. I think the biggest thing is to not lift anything heavy.
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 10:15 am

that does sound a little odd - definitely ask on thursday when you see your surgeon
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 9:29 am

I didn't have any problems at all with mine although the one where the drain was removed from I knocked the scab off while dressing one day and it bled a little but I had no pain from any of them.

steph
Back to top Go down
xena-warriorprincess
xena-warriorprincess

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 9:25 am

Sorry guys, wasn't very clear about the site of my incision. It's one of the bigger cuts but it's only about 2 cm long and healing well. It's the indent that sits 'around' this site and the associated pain. I'm glad to hear it does take a bit to stop feeling sore.

So glad you're all here to ask questions of.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 8:10 am

Hi Xena
Glad to hear that you're doing well, but OHG - that wound is huge!
Did you guys have open surgery?
I had mine done laparoscopally and there were 5 wounds, but the longest is about 2cm!
I wasn't sure of one of mine, either, at about the same time and got the GP to take a look, and had to have it dressed a couple of times before it came good.
I say, if in doubt, get it checked.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 6:46 am

Hiya Xena!

Glad to hear you are doing well, congrats on the surgery.
At ten days post op, it is very normal to feel pain at the wound sites, infact they are only at the beginning stage of healing still, so just go easy on them, dont over do it and take care. My sites were quite sore for some time, one was indented, but the other looked like a submarine was trying to get out of there!
Sounds normal to me, but if the pain worsens maybe you should toddle off to the nurse at your doctors surgery. But really it does sound normal.

Take care and continue to rest as well as you can. And remember, Your not Wonder woman, your Xena.

Hayley
Back to top Go down
xena-warriorprincess
xena-warriorprincess

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 6:12 am

Hi Everyone,

Hoping you can help me out, maybe set my mind at ease a bit. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I was Sleeved. Things seem to be going well food wise. I'm off liquids and have started the mushies phase. I see my Dietician on Thursday where I think I'll be given information around the transition to unmashed/unblended food. I'm really trying to take good care of myself and eat well. So far, so good.

My question is around my incision sites. I realise that it's only 2 weeks post op (10 days actually) but one of my incision sites is still very sore and it hurts to sit up and do any bending at the waist. It's the top incision on my right. Is it normal for the incision sites to still be sore and where the sore incision is, it is indented, almost like some of the fat has been removed - it's about 10cm across and 2 cm wide.

Also, were you given a timeframe that you weren't allowed to drive, do housework etc? My Surgeon hasn't said anything and my Hubby says I should take it easy and not do anything until it doesn't hurt anymore.

Thanks heaps,

Take care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pain in incisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in incisions   Pain in incisions Empty

Back to top Go down

Pain in incisions
Page 1 of 1