Choney
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Choney

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Banding out - Sleeve process to begin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 5:11 am

Yeah I feel great!!! got some fantastic bruises as well which is always good to pull the sympathy vote hahaha and to get off the housework although I am probably quite capable of doing most ofit.
Have to ring Dr's to make a date to see him then we will book date for next op, going to suck a bit having to go back on Opti, Dr wants 4 weeks this time.... and then the 6 week slow progress back to real food after op. Need to be AOK for end of August, as I am heavily involved with the organisation of our local Country Show, and my bday in May so I reckon beginning of June would suit me really well, but guess I am more likely to have to fit in with the surgeon's plans than him mine.
But yes really enjoying the prospect of eating without it getting stuck and coming back for a 2nd chew YUK, just got to make sure I dont go stupid between now and then, freedom is sometimes a scary thing.

FYI- the old band was stuffed tummy had prolapsed into band, band had slipped and tube from port to band had broken, no wonder why it never did anything. Thank God I found a Dr who had faith in what I was saying and not treating me like a naughty school girl who obviously had cheated
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 4:29 am

Hi Choney
How are you feeling having that hellish thing gone?

I so enjoyed a muffin & cuppa at the same time, without vomiting, this morning! (I had my band out yesterday)

Have you got your sleeve date yet. My doc was late for surgery this morn so as he sailed past he said he'd have to look at a date tonight & get his receptionist to ph me. Arh! I hate waiting.

Good luck on your wait for the next step...exciting times.

Jen
Back to top Go down
Choney

Female

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 9:54 am

Well survived the Op and the first round of operation, now just to get my date for sleeving.....?
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 6:01 am

Oh Boy I just realised that you are going in on Friday LOL
In that case don't forget to start a diary it is invaluable and it alerts all us nosy buggers what is happening with you.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Choney

Female

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 1:26 am

Hi and thank you for the welcome, will either still be in hospital on sunday or just getting out so maybe the next catch up
thanks again
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 11:08 pm

Hi and welcome,
I don't know anything about banding but love the sleeve.
If you are from Adelaide you are welcome to come to the gathering on Sunday and meet some of us.
Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 12:50 am

Yes I was banded in 2003 and after 2-3 years of battling and living so unhealty I had to give up as it takes such a mental toll. I think there will be a big backlash against the makers of these band in years to come. I know the opti's hard but try your best and it will all be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 10:42 pm

Hello and welcome Choney,

Yay another Adelaidian.

I really think it needs to get out there that lap bands don't work for everyone. I spent the last 5 years of my banded life believing I was a failure. I think lap bands work for people that are very disciplined, which lets face it, overweight people aren't.

Im sorry your inlaws arent very supportive. Like you said they have no idea what it is like to be overweight and have to lose an extreme amount of weight. But luckily YOUR family can give you the support you need. Maybe your inlaws will change there minds when they see how well you go once you get your sleeve.

Best wishes for the 19th.

Banding out - Sleeve process to begin 217555
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 8:36 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on your decision to be sleeved, you will love it!

People who have never been morbidly obese have no idea!! Don't tell your in-laws.
I have only told my big kids and my sister I had surgery, at work they think I had a hernia repair.

Good luck with your journey Banding out - Sleeve process to begin 217555
Back to top Go down
Choney

Female

PostSubject: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 1:40 pm

Hi
I was banded in Nov 2005 and had basically given up on it by the beginning of 2007. fills made no change and the Dr refused to believe me he just assumed I was cheating. Anyway ignored the issue for a while until I felt strong enough to battle again. New Dr Mr D'Onofrio in Adelaide is taking band out on 19th March and then doing sleeve after some time for tummy to settle down. I guess we will talk timing once he has seen me on the inside to see if there maybe any difficulties.
I hate admitting to this, my inlaws suck, they have no comprehension of weight issues and are so rude about it all so haven't actually said anything yet to that side. My family are great and behind me 100% but they have seen me battle this since I was 6 years old. Am now 34 years old 175cm tall and about 171kg. I am insulin dependant but have 3 beautiful children aged 6, 9 and 12 who need me to fight to be around so again I bite the bullet and pray all will be right and I will wake up fine from the anesthetic, scary though!!!
First step on Friday I was hoping I would go in at 165, but have struggled a bit with the whole Optifast bit again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banding out - Sleeve process to begin   Banding out - Sleeve process to begin Empty

Back to top Go down

Banding out - Sleeve process to begin
Page 1 of 1