*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyTue 02 Mar 2010, 2:52 am

Thats what I use too Kyles.
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 10:01 pm

I agree...I wouldnt pay for a portion size plate...my belly is my portion sizer :)

I did go out and buy 'mummy' plates...they were $4 for a pack of 4 in Kmart and just plain blue and slightly larger than a bread and butter plate but waay smaller than the dinner plates...to date I have never eaten all I serve up on my plate and the dogs love me (or the kids whoever is closest gets my left overs...lol)

As for bowls, I just use the kids bowls...you know the ones that come in the packs like Dora etc...perfect
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 11:54 am

about time you put up a pic, you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 11:53 am

I always have my brekky in a mug I end up putting way to much milk in if I use a bowl

Tarnz
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 11:51 am

thats not weird sounds like a good idea........ Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate 446871
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 10:05 am

Hi,
I actually put my food in a mug, stays hot longer and that way I never overfill a plate.
Weird I know but hey that's me LOL

Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 9:29 am

WhenI had my band my doctor told me to buy one of these plate but I just never got around to it. I was looking at them again recently and was keen to purchase one until I saw the cost. OMG $17 for a bread and butter place - I DONT THINK SO.

Just stick with using small bowls and plates.

Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate 217555
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 9:21 am

yet another waste of money gimmick for bandits being pushed on sleevers. The reality is just about all the medical people and their staff you come across is far more use to dealing with bands and thus hand out the same information as they do to bandits. It is pure laziness, dieticians are the worst of the lot, you score big time if you get a dietician that really understands what a sleever should be eatining.

Now there are certain people out there that get this thrill with throwing money away on things that are labeled for weight loss surgery like it is a designer handbag, but the reality is it makes you no more than somebody with more money than sense. And I like a good designer handbag hehehe

Shock horror get yourself a nice little chinese rice size bowl to start with one that goes in the microwave so you can heat your meal while you are eating it as you will be slow to eat when you start. Any $2 shop will have one, then move onto a slighly bigger bowl, it will never be a dessert bowl size or use the bread and butter plate from your dinner set.

Eating as a sleever is simple get your protien in first, if there is room left over then put in the veg then the bad carbs. For the first month or two your protien should be the majority of your food. It will reduce to about half what is on your plate when you get up to about 250ml. BUT the reality is the more protien you make it rather than other stuff the faster your weight loss will tend to be so keeping that protien taking up more than half of your plate will not hurt you.

applesauce

Last edited by applesauce on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abbadabbadoo

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 8:42 am

Hi
my Dietitian suggested I get special plates, and bowls to help me once I have had my op, she said my surgeon gives them out, and when I call the receptionist she advised they had run out and now get people to buy there own, but there are 2 types of plates on the web site she game me Gastric Band Plate and Portion Perfection Plate.
With the sleeve do we eat around the same amount of food as bandit's or should I get the Portion Perfect plate?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate   Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate Empty

Back to top Go down

Gastric Band Plate or Portion Perfection Plate
Page 1 of 1