AuthorMessage
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in Empty
PostSubject: Re: What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in   What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in EmptySat 30 Jan 2010, 3:30 am

Hi Twoangels,

My dietitian recommended me to take Ensure - Complete, Balanced Nutrition - Hospital Formula, comes in 3 flavors. I tried the Vanilla and Forrest Berry - They are yum!! and really do help!!

Hope that helps :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
twoangels72
twoangels72

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in   What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in EmptySat 30 Jan 2010, 3:09 am

Thanks so much Greg. Its certainly getting easier each day. The ice blocks are definitely saving me. I just hope the shoulder pain settles down soon.
I think i'm probably just trying to rush things and need learn to be a bit more patient!
Back to top Go down
sunland
Sponsor
sunland

Male
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in   What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:20 am

Hi

At this stage don't worry about calories..I found ice blocks and yogurt were great..Calippos, poppers, the nicest yogurt you can find.and low fat milk and icecream..just get any liquid in...I found constipation was a problem and tried everything BUT I believe that fluid is the greatest saviour..the more liquid you take in the better..Re dairy, if like me you were put onto sustagen poppers etc, I found they were too sweet, I lost the need for sweetness so my dairy saviours were yogurt and low fat milk..

I am sure others will have other suggestions also

Best of luck (IT IS WORTH IT)

Greg
Back to top Go down
twoangels72
twoangels72

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in   What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:02 am

Hi All,
I'm hoping for some advice. I was sleeved on Monday and just came home today. The optifast pre-surgery was fine, however now i'm really struggling with the milky flavour and not tolerating the milk at all. Does anyone have any advice on other options for the protein portion of your diet? My dietician says I need to have two serves of optifast or equivalent but i can't find anything that isn't sort of milk based.
Also, getting all that fluid in is really hard. I'm freezing things which is surprisingly easier to get down. Although I can't put the benefibre in my ice blocks ;-)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.
This is definitely hard work and a huge struggle. Hoping for the next two weeks to go past quickly as my body heels.
Thanks again....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in   What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in Empty

Back to top Go down

What protein did you use, and getting all that fluid in
Page 1 of 1