BigDave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Subee

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-31

About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 EmptyWed 25 Nov 2009, 2:23 am

Hi Dave

I think your recovery depends on everything going smoothly & how you respond to pain etc.

I was sleeved on Wednesday the 16th September @ 4pm, was in hospital for 1 day (2 nights) & went back to work on the Monday.
I spoke to my doctor about driving & he advised there was no reason I couldn't drive home if I wanted to. I was a little tender, but found that Panadol covered the pain adequately.

I was on soups for about 10 days, then started eating mushie food & moved gradually into eating more solid foods. I now eat anything including steak etc. but just in very limited portions. I can't drink carbonated drinks at all & have found that I don't crave sweet foods ie chocolate at all anymore (this was one of my vices prior to being sleeved) & I guess the one thing I miss the most is not being able to drink when I eat, especially when I go out for dinner. Have learnt to have a drink when every one else has their entree & then order entree for mains so I don't get left out & I am now a very cheap drunk, I do have to drink alcohol very slowly, especially champagne, the bubbles are a killer!!!!

I think you just need to listen to your own body & see how you go, definitely allow a contingency should you need some extra time to recouperate.

Glad to report that to date have lost 20kgs, best thing I ever did!!!

Good luck to you Dave.

Sue
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 9:33 am

Hey Dave and Nigel, there is a monthly thread, don't forget to pop into the December one and join us December sleevers.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Nigel

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 7:10 am

Hi Dave,

sounds like 14-19 December is going to be a busy week. I'm being sleeved on the 16th, and there are a few others who are booked in for that week as well. I've only been posting here for a few days, but lurked for a couple of weeks before my first post. It is a good forum with lots of information to search through - most of your questions will have already been asked and answered already, but don't be afraid to ask new ones.
Looks like your current weight and goals are pretty much the same as mine, so it will be interesting to compare notes as we go along. But one of the things I have learnt from reading here is that everyone is different. That's what makes life interesting!

best of luck

Nigel
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
Lorraine

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 6:15 am

G'day & welcome Dave

Congrats on making the decision to be sleeved. I am 3 wks post op and havent missed a beat. All going great...slowly and carefully and now enjoying a more solid diet including a teeny piece of chocolate mudcake this afternoon About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 2329 You will be on the other side before you know it...I know it was like that for me.
All the best
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 5:49 am

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

I am being sleeved on the same day as you.

Not sure about the driving bit, but I plan to drive myself home from hospital.
Car auto and I have cruise and its just 80 klms straight down the Hume, so hoping I will be right. LOL I have a back up plan just in case.

There is tons of great reading in here, including the diaries.
Back to top Go down
bugsbonclyde
bugsbonclyde

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 4:22 am

Hello

Hi Dave,

welcome and congrats on your decision! it's the best one you could have made!! it's life changing! I had the sleeve done 28th may this year and so far i have lost 20 kilos. It was the best decision i could have ever made and i have never regretted it. i was in hospital for 6 days, but had been told 4 - 5 days by my surgeon. you are on liquids for 2 weeks, 200ml per meal. You then go onto mush and then solids, it's really important to listen to your tummy when you are eating and soon as you feel full stop eating!! i am still trying to learn this lesson lol

it is really important to be seeing a dietician, i would be lost without mine, she's really helped.

good luck!
cheers

del
Back to top Go down
http://www.rkm.id.au
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 1:19 am

Hey Dave... welcome and congratulations on deciding to have the sleeve. I am being done the day after you!
I have been told that you can't drive for at least a week, but check this with you surgeon. Also in hospital 3 - 4 days...off work for approx 2 weeks.
You should be seeing a Dietitian who will give you the low down on what to have after your procedure. There is also a wealth of info on the forum to read through as well.

Well not long for both of us to begin a new chapter in our lives! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
BigDave
BigDave

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 12:55 am

Hello one and all. My name is Dave and I am booked in for sleeving on 14th Dec with Dr George Hopkins. Im a little nervous (as to be expected I guess).
I would love to here from anyone who has had this proceedure done. How long is the hospital stay? How long before I can return to work? Dietry constrants after the op? etc

Thanks in Advance

Dave
WT 141 Kg
TWT 90 to 95
BM! 41
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09   About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09 Empty

Back to top Go down

About to be sleeved 14 Dec 09
Page 1 of 1