Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA   New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 5:31 am

4 weeks, good for you! I am glad you are safely out of surgery and on the path to a solution to the problem of how to get and stay healthy!

Zoe
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA   New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 12:05 am

Hi and welcome to the site!
normally our mod carrie welcomes all newbies to the site and gives some great info to get you started,so my intro wont be as flash! (carrie will be back in a couple of days)
As youve already had a look around the site you are probably aware of these sections but anyway-
please have a read of the forum rules firstly.
there is a diary thread that you may like to start a diary in to track your progress/thoughts/feelings etc in
there is a thread for members sleeved in the same month as you.October sleevers
And have a look in the welcome to the newbies thread.
Also there is thread for get togethers.
Any questions problems worries etc dont hestitate to post and youll always find a member whos willing to help and support you.
cheers
shelly
New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA 217555
Back to top Go down
hape2cu

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA   New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010, 10:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Gail my surgeon was also Michael France.

Although i have my sister inlaw for support she did breeze through it all a lot easier than me, or so it seemed. I still have weird grumblings and discomfort when i eat, and i do worry im not eating enough - compared to other people on here. Plus because of my IBS, after 4 weeks im still having bowel problems. Hoping that improves soon.

Feeling a little down here and there, but i guess thats to be expected. Shouldnt look at the scales everyday, but i do, and they havent even moved the last 3 days, so thats a little disheartening. Worried my PCOS is really going to slow down my weight loss, seems a few people have commented on that on here.

Thanks again for the Hello's and im sure ill see you both around on here.

hape2cu

Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA   New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010, 7:49 am

Hi,
Welcome and congratulations on the new tiny tummy LOL
I am also in Adelaide, we have a great bunch of people that are really supportive of each other.
We get together for lunches and catch ups which is also a great help.

It is just fantastic that you have others in the family that can share the journey with you.
AND no you probably won't be eating together for a while LOL

Who was your surgeon ?

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA   New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA EmptyMon 08 Nov 2010, 3:54 am

welcome..... I know what you mean about eating together.... you can nearly share one plate between 3!
Love the sleeve!
Back to top Go down
hape2cu

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA   New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA EmptyMon 08 Nov 2010, 3:16 am

Hi Everyone,

Well i found this site a few days ago, and have been reading up on everyones progress, so i thought i may as well introduce myself.

I am 33 years old and live in South Australia. I had the sleeve done on the 12th October so tomorrow is my four week mark.

I had only very recently made the decision to look into having it done, and then all of a sudden there were cancellations that i slotted into straight away, and from my first appointment i was in surgery within 2 weeks. While it did scare me how quickily it all happened, it was probably for the best that way, as i would of either talked myself out of it, or just stressed constantly.

At my heaviest i was 112kg, i had got down 4 myself before i saw anyone, i then lost another 4 before surgery, so on the day of surgery i was 104.5kg and i am now down to 95.5kg. so down 9kg in 4 weeks. and 17kg all up. But the only people who have commented know i had the surgery, so i guess i wont believe the compliments until someone who didnt know comments that i look like ive lost weight.

My sister inlaw had the sleeve done 6 months ago and she looks great, She has been a massive support to me. And now my mum is about to have it done next week, So atleast all us girls cant eat together lol. I

I was hesitant at first as i was worried i was taking the easy way out, but the more i thought about my health issues: PCOS, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, i KNEW i was headed for serious problems and an early death. So i decided to do what was best for me. Especially with my PCOS i couldnt lose weight easily, but i sure could gain it easily.

I am also terrified of hospitals, so i was in tears just at the thought of it. Not even the surgery itself worried me, just the staying in hospital. I cant say i had a great stay, i was in 3 nights, but im glad its over now.

Well i look forward to following everyone elses progress, and its great to see how other people are coping, or what people are eating. I am amazed at some of the results. I was never led to believe i could lose as much as some people here have. So i hope with some hardwork ie New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA 369315 i too will get there.

hape2cu

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA   New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA Empty

Back to top Go down

New and Sleeved 12/10/10 in SA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: