9 posters
AuthorMessage
flipflop
flipflop

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 9:16 am

Hey Leisa
I've lost your message somehow, but, I've PM'd you back!
Back to top Go down
leisa82
leisa82

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Hi   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 3:49 am

Hi Maria. I just PM'd you.

Leisa.
Back to top Go down
flipflop
flipflop

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 11:59 pm

Hi, how ya going Lisa?
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure most of us are guilty of clearing off the leftovers.
How have you managed with all the appts being from out of town? Have you got everything done that you had to beforehand?

Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? 65317 I can understand you being nervous about being sore and picking your daughter up. Maybe if you only pick her up from a sitting position? Or if you sit and then get her to climb up to you so you're not doing any lifting.

By the way, how's your mum doing? Is she doing o.k.? Can she help out?

Guess what?????? 11 sleeps to go .... looking forwards to meeting you.

Last edited by flipflop on Mon 21 Jun 2010, 10:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
leisa82
leisa82

Female

PostSubject: Opti going good!   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 8:47 am

Hey Maria. How are you going? Yep, Optifast is going well so far... day two down, only 12 more to go! Haha. Now that I'm really watching everything I put in my mouth, I'm starting to realise just how many extra calories I used to have just through snacking! If my baby girl doesn't finish all her dinner, I'll polish the last couple of spoonfulls. Then if I make a cake or biscuits, I'll scrape out every last drop from the bowl or eat a couple of pieces of biscuit mixture. Then if there's a bit of leftover dinner in the pot, I'll scrape that out and pop the last couple of mouthfulls in. Waste not, want not right?! All those extra little mouthfulls really add up!! But it's a good learning experience. So how are you doing with your Optifast? I'm getting a bit nervous, but I'm more nervous about how I'll go looking after my baby after the operation, whether I'll be too sore to pick her up all the time etc etc. She's 14 months old and FULL ON! She started walking at 10 months... people think I'm joking when I say that I have trouble keeping up wither her now!! Haha. Anyhow, let me know how you're going ok!
Back to top Go down
flipflop
flipflop

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 8:59 am

Hi Leisa
How's everything? How's the nerves?
Talk soon

Last edited by flipflop on Mon 21 Jun 2010, 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
flipflop
flipflop

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 12:06 pm

I agree this website is very good. . I think everyone on here is talking from the heart and understand what it's like to be overweight so they are enjoying just being themselves, everyone is really nice and some people's posts are so funny. How's your Aunty going with hers? It must be good to have someone close-by that you can bounce questions off?

only 17 days to go!!! fart I needed that.

Last edited by flipflop on Mon 21 Jun 2010, 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
leisa82
leisa82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 2:40 am

Hi Maria

Lovely to hear from you, thanks for getting in touch! It is great to "meet" you :)

Yep I'm struggling with the optifast thing too. I decided to start a week earlier, just for good measure, and lucky I did because I lost NOTHING this week. My "actual" 2 weeks starts on Thursday, so I'm back to being good today (Monday) in preparation for Thursday. It has been so hard not eating yummy foods. I am a real sucker for chicken, seafood and creamy sauces. We went out for dinner last Saturday night for my husband's birthday, and even though I started out with the best of intentions planning to eat a nice fresh salad... the first thing on the menu was a "grilled chicken breast cooked to perfection topped with king prawns, calamari and scallops with a garlic white wine cream sauce"... well, you can guess what happened to the salad idea! But I swear it was worth EVERY calorie and I enjoyed every last mouthful knowing that my days of eating too much delicious rich creamy foods are over!

Keep in touch, let me know how you are going. My aunty had her sleeve op done in January (she put me onto this website) and said it is great for motivational support, even just talking to other people going through the same thing makes me confident that I am making the right decision.

Leisa.
Back to top Go down
flipflop
flipflop

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 9:39 am

Hi Leisa82,

Hope to hear from you.

Last edited by flipflop on Mon 21 Jun 2010, 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
leisa82
leisa82

Female

PostSubject: Dr Baker   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyTue 06 Apr 2010, 9:43 am

Hey everyone. I too am booked in for my sleeve op with Dr Baker at the end of April. Only three weeks to go!! Getting nervous/excited now! I personally have only had experience with Dr Baker through my mum (he removed a lump from her breast about 18mths ago and I went with her to all the appts and surgery) and he was really lovely. But I am booked in to see him in a couple of weeks, and I have been speaking with Laura over the phone (I live 6 hours away) and cannot speak highly enough of her! Laura is just lovely. The other staff there are also super nice, and I feel very comfortable talking to everyone there. I'm confident I'll be in good hands. I asked Laura if any patients had any problems post-op in the past, and she said that they have only had 1 person have problems after surgery, and it was about a week afterwards when the guy picked up a really heavy box and strained himself, which caused a slight leak and he had to take antibiotics, but other than that they have had no complications.
Back to top Go down
Megan
Megan

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 7:40 am

Come and join us in the sleevers monthly.

March 2010 sleevers....
Back to top Go down
Timetochange38
Timetochange38

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 7:36 am

Hi,I am booked in with Dr Baker for surgery this coming Friday. I have friends and relations who have had both the sleeve and lapband with him without complications. I have found everyone at the centre friendly and helpful...Laura the nurse is great. Not quite sure about the dietician they recommend though.

Let you know how I get on next week!!
Back to top Go down
brotagaia

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptySun 14 Feb 2010, 7:08 am

I am scheduled to have surgery with Dr Baker soon.. I have heard good things about Dr Bovey but I heard he won't operate on anyone without private health cover, whereas Dr Baker does, which is why I chose him. I have already waited an extra year for surgery so bugger it if I'll wait another just so i can use private health cover.. by then i'll probably be 160kgs and more depressed. I haven't met him yet but the clinical nurse that he works with, Laura, is very very friendly and extremely helpful so I can't imagine him being too bad. I will keep you guys posted about him.. i have my consultation with him on March 9.
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: dr sam baker in townsville   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 4:50 am

hey kimba, welcome to this awesome site.... i have not been sleeved yet .. i have an appointment with dr peter bovey this thursday... my gp suggested bovey, but also said sam baker was good as well.. i am sooooo looking forward to thursday.. i hope my other half can come too, a last minute change of days for a meeting grrrrrr. oh well i will be there.. i was at first thinking of a band but have changed my mind to the sleeve hands down.....glad to hear from another nrth qld 'er. Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? 308167 lol
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:32 pm

Hey Kimba,

As i said in my PM reply I too went through Dr. Bovey & cannot speak highly enough of him. I am sure Sam Baker is a good surgeon too, but i have not heard any reports good or bad about him......but i know that a lot of medical personnel choose Dr. Bovey for either the band or the sleeve and other procedures he does.

Maybe make an appointment with both of them & see which one you are most comfortable with ?

Welcome aboard gal, you are amongst friends here

hugs
Bella.....xx
Back to top Go down
kimba
kimba

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Date   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 10:57 am

Hi JillyBean

No, didn't have sleeve then (I hadn't changed profile - sorry!). Am in the decision making process! Had a band in 2007 but have had never ending problems! Am seriously looking at having a sleeve and am pencilled in for Jan 2010!

Am all over the shop with decisions! Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? 697586
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 1:39 am

Hi Kimba

I was operated on by Dr Peter Bovey in Townsville. I don't know much about Dr Baker but believe they are the only two Surgeons doing gastric sleeve in Townsville. Most of the other sleevers on this forum have been operated on by Dr Bovey as well.

I see your sleeve date was 30/11/08 - how did it go???

hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
kimba
kimba

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? EmptySat 21 Nov 2009, 11:10 pm

Hi I am very new to all of this but was wondering if anyone has been operated on by Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?   Dr Sam Baker in Townsville? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Sam Baker in Townsville?
Page 1 of 1