3 posters
AuthorMessage
leisa82
leisa82

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville? Empty
PostSubject: Sleeve Op with Sam Baker   Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville? EmptyTue 06 Apr 2010, 5:37 am

Hi there. My mum went to Dr Baker about 18 months ago to have a lump removed from her breast, and I went with her to all her appointments and the surgery, and we both thought he was a great doctor/surgeon. I will admit that we did sometimes feel like he was rushing through our appointment, but at the same time we understand he is a busy man, and he was always very thorough and we actually appreciated having a doctor that just got straight to the point and didn't beat about the bush, as such.

Personally, I got a good vibe from Dr Baker, I found he was very easy to talk to (he supports the same rugby and cricket teams as my husband) and he is a proud daddy to twin girls which he was happy to talk about (I had just had my first baby when my mum first went to see Sam) so he is a real family man. Anyway, I made the decision to have gastric sleeve surgery about two months ago, and Sam Baker was my first choice. I live six hours away from Townsville, but I am more than happy to make the long drive (with my one year old in tow!) especially to see him. I'm booked in for surgery on 29/04/10. Only 3 weeks to go! Scary/nervous/excited! :)

Hope this helps, and good luck with your op! x
Back to top Go down
rjk82

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Dr Baker   Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville? EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 12:00 am

Hi,

I had a hernia repair with him in October 2009, as a surgeon I really would not return to him. Even though it was not a sleeving operation...which I am anticipating to have done this year...his bedside manner was appauling, his out of pocket expenses were high...which really displayed he is in it for the money and I have heard a few tales when I was in Townsville of similar descriptions. The worst part was my lung collapsed post operation, he discharged me although I could not breathe he advised me I was fine to go home then 2 weeks later I collapsed from a lung clot which a respiratory expert predicted I had when I was discharged, I ended up in TGH gravely ill after being rushed unconscious to the public hospital who have given me greater care then what I received privately...I would not recommend him nor would I ever go back to him again, plus the Mater at Pimlico is just so out dated, the staff were understaffed and run off their feet, the food was awful...I guess this is my opinion and other people may have had a better experience but not me!!! I have now relocated to Brisbane so am hoping to have a better experience when I have my sleeving done. I appologise this feedback regarding Sam is a little bit blunt but that is the experience I received. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
flipflop
flipflop

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville?   Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville? EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 1:03 am

Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville? 81722
Is anyone out there who can make comment? Please...
Back to top Go down
flipflop
flipflop

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville?   Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville? EmptyThu 18 Mar 2010, 1:27 am

Hi, I would love to hear from any patients of Dr Baker. I have read lots and lots of great things about Dr Bovey. I know Dr Baker hasn't been doing them as long and won't have the same experience, do you think this makes a difference?

Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville? Weight

Heaviest Weight: 126kg
Weight today (18.03.10): 125.3
Sleeve Date: 30.04.10
Surgeon: Dr Baker, Mater Hospital, Townsville.

Last edited by flipflop on Mon 21 Jun 2010, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville?   Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any patients of Dr Baker, Townsville?
Page 1 of 1